ImageImageImageImage

OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far

Moderators: sully00, Geoffrey P

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 13,223
And1: 2,795
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#21 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:12 am

truth18 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
truth18 wrote:You want to change the world for the better? PM me. There's a lot of concrete, real world actions that you can take. I can give you links/phone numbers if you'd like.


Evidently you think you know how I spend all my time and all my money, and you think I'm not doing enough to help people.

How did you get all that information about me?


Nah, bruh, you're assuming I think that. I said nothing of the sort. Not everyone in the world knows how to get started/involved with this stuff and I was simply offering a helping hand if you needed one.

My apologies if it didn't come across that way though. Not my intention, hell, you could be doing way more than me. My intention was simply to point out that not supporting the Patriots anymore does nothing at all in terms of making the world or country better in any way, in contrast to the numerous other ways one can better the world (which you may be doing, as I clarified above).

One of my good friend's girlfriend's family is highly conservative. They stopped eating Oreos when they moved their factories to Mexico, now they eat Hydrox. That won't get rid of the Mexican people in their town like they want, it won't change the fact that Oreos are delicious, and it won't bring back jobs to America. They can do whatever they want but best believe I don't give a **** and no one else does either.

I find dropping the Patriots to be a similar case, but either way, the one thing we can be sure of is that other people don't care what you think on this matter.


I understand now. No worries.

However, I don't think you've understood me. I've stopped rooting for the Patriots because, in fact, I actively want them to lose. (That I don't think I'll get my wish is beside the point.)

That's all. It's the losses themselves that I think are the outcome that would be better for the world.

But if I do express my personal feelings about a sports team on a message board, why is that grounds for criticism?
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 28,349
And1: 21,361
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#22 » by truth18 » Sat Apr 1, 2017 3:53 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Evidently you think you know how I spend all my time and all my money, and you think I'm not doing enough to help people.

How did you get all that information about me?


Nah, bruh, you're assuming I think that. I said nothing of the sort. Not everyone in the world knows how to get started/involved with this stuff and I was simply offering a helping hand if you needed one.

My apologies if it didn't come across that way though. Not my intention, hell, you could be doing way more than me. My intention was simply to point out that not supporting the Patriots anymore does nothing at all in terms of making the world or country better in any way, in contrast to the numerous other ways one can better the world (which you may be doing, as I clarified above).

One of my good friend's girlfriend's family is highly conservative. They stopped eating Oreos when they moved their factories to Mexico, now they eat Hydrox. That won't get rid of the Mexican people in their town like they want, it won't change the fact that Oreos are delicious, and it won't bring back jobs to America. They can do whatever they want but best believe I don't give a **** and no one else does either.

I find dropping the Patriots to be a similar case, but either way, the one thing we can be sure of is that other people don't care what you think on this matter.


I understand now. No worries.

However, I don't think you've understood me. I've stopped rooting for the Patriots because, in fact, I actively want them to lose. (That I don't think I'll get my wish is beside the point.)

That's all. It's the losses themselves that I think are the outcome that would be better for the world.

But if I do express my personal feelings about a sports team on a message board, why is that grounds for criticism?


No, I understood you entirely.

Patriots losses do nothing good for the world. ****, man, Belichick and Brady supporting Trump probably helped Hilary. People hate us that much. Regardless, Patriots losses will not better the world in any way. Please explain how they will.

Or don't, because we don't care to hear that as fans of the Patriots.

Sure, you can be like the people I described in my last post, that's your right, you can shout to the heavens about how you want the Patriots to lose, just like they shout to the heavens about the evils of Oreos cookies and "hooded sweatshirts", but NO ONE CARES, and you will get criticized and called out for ego tripping (if not by me, by someone else).

So yeah, you do you but know that all it comes across as is a pathetic ego trip at best, and super annoying bs about our favorite football team at worst.

My avy is a black power fist and my sig is a Woody Guthrie quote about killing Nazis. I know where you're coming from, trust me, I just feel strongly about this issue of easy boycott slacktivism.
Solid750 wrote:I remember when some of you were saying FIRE DOC & AINGE during the Rick Pitino days and Jim O'Brien.

Solid750 wrote:If Curry didn't develop into one of the best shooters god has ever seen he wouldn't be anything special imo.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 13,223
And1: 2,795
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#23 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:41 pm

truth18 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Nah, bruh, you're assuming I think that. I said nothing of the sort. Not everyone in the world knows how to get started/involved with this stuff and I was simply offering a helping hand if you needed one.

My apologies if it didn't come across that way though. Not my intention, hell, you could be doing way more than me. My intention was simply to point out that not supporting the Patriots anymore does nothing at all in terms of making the world or country better in any way, in contrast to the numerous other ways one can better the world (which you may be doing, as I clarified above).

One of my good friend's girlfriend's family is highly conservative. They stopped eating Oreos when they moved their factories to Mexico, now they eat Hydrox. That won't get rid of the Mexican people in their town like they want, it won't change the fact that Oreos are delicious, and it won't bring back jobs to America. They can do whatever they want but best believe I don't give a **** and no one else does either.

I find dropping the Patriots to be a similar case, but either way, the one thing we can be sure of is that other people don't care what you think on this matter.


I understand now. No worries.

However, I don't think you've understood me. I've stopped rooting for the Patriots because, in fact, I actively want them to lose. (That I don't think I'll get my wish is beside the point.)

That's all. It's the losses themselves that I think are the outcome that would be better for the world.

But if I do express my personal feelings about a sports team on a message board, why is that grounds for criticism?


No, I understood you entirely.

Patriots losses do nothing good for the world. ****, man, Belichick and Brady supporting Trump probably helped Hilary. People hate us that much. Regardless, Patriots losses will not better the world in any way. Please explain how they will.

Or don't, because we don't care to hear that as fans of the Patriots.

Sure, you can be like the people I described in my last post, that's your right, you can shout to the heavens about how you want the Patriots to lose, just like they shout to the heavens about the evils of Oreos cookies and "hooded sweatshirts", but NO ONE CARES, and you will get criticized and called out for ego tripping (if not by me, by someone else).

So yeah, you do you but know that all it comes across as is a pathetic ego trip at best, and super annoying bs about our favorite football team at worst.

My avy is a black power fist and my sig is a Woody Guthrie quote about killing Nazis. I know where you're coming from, trust me, I just feel strongly about this issue of easy boycott slacktivism.


I think politics, political leaders, laws and all that matter. I think they matter a LOT.

I understand the cynics who say otherwise. But I disagree with them strongly.
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 28,349
And1: 21,361
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#24 » by truth18 » Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:44 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
I understand now. No worries.

However, I don't think you've understood me. I've stopped rooting for the Patriots because, in fact, I actively want them to lose. (That I don't think I'll get my wish is beside the point.)

That's all. It's the losses themselves that I think are the outcome that would be better for the world.

But if I do express my personal feelings about a sports team on a message board, why is that grounds for criticism?


No, I understood you entirely.

Patriots losses do nothing good for the world. ****, man, Belichick and Brady supporting Trump probably helped Hilary. People hate us that much. Regardless, Patriots losses will not better the world in any way. Please explain how they will.

Or don't, because we don't care to hear that as fans of the Patriots.

Sure, you can be like the people I described in my last post, that's your right, you can shout to the heavens about how you want the Patriots to lose, just like they shout to the heavens about the evils of Oreos cookies and "hooded sweatshirts", but NO ONE CARES, and you will get criticized and called out for ego tripping (if not by me, by someone else).

So yeah, you do you but know that all it comes across as is a pathetic ego trip at best, and super annoying bs about our favorite football team at worst.

My avy is a black power fist and my sig is a Woody Guthrie quote about killing Nazis. I know where you're coming from, trust me, I just feel strongly about this issue of easy boycott slacktivism.


I think politics, political leaders, laws and all that matter. I think they matter a LOT.

I understand the cynics who say otherwise. But I disagree with them strongly.


Huh? You think I'm saying politics and laws don't matter?

I'm not. At all. Reread my post. I have a **** black power fist as my avy and you think I think politics don't matter? lol. I can killed in the street for the color of my skin. Of course politics matter.

I'm saying Belichick and Brady being Trump supporters doesn't matter. I'm also saying that you rooting for the Patriots to lose doesn't matter. You're just another one of the many Patriots haters on this website and in real life now. You're not accomplishing anything by publically rooting for the Patriots to lose on this forum other than annoying people. It's your right to make those statements though, just as its my right to call it out as lazy slacktivism.
Solid750 wrote:I remember when some of you were saying FIRE DOC & AINGE during the Rick Pitino days and Jim O'Brien.

Solid750 wrote:If Curry didn't develop into one of the best shooters god has ever seen he wouldn't be anything special imo.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 13,223
And1: 2,795
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#25 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Apr 1, 2017 7:54 pm

truth18 wrote: You're not accomplishing anything by publically rooting for the Patriots to lose on this forum other than annoying people.


I agree. All I did was explain my personal feelings and my reasons for them.

I'm sorry that you life is so diminished by my lack of support for the Patriots.
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 28,349
And1: 21,361
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#26 » by truth18 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 5:29 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
truth18 wrote: You're not accomplishing anything by publically rooting for the Patriots to lose on this forum other than annoying people.


I'm sorry that you life is so diminished by my lack of support for the Patriots.


Thank you for apologizing.
Solid750 wrote:I remember when some of you were saying FIRE DOC & AINGE during the Rick Pitino days and Jim O'Brien.

Solid750 wrote:If Curry didn't develop into one of the best shooters god has ever seen he wouldn't be anything special imo.
Bostondave
Junior
Posts: 321
And1: 115
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
   

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#27 » by Bostondave » Fri Jun 9, 2017 12:28 pm

Wow. Not what I expected but glad I found this place. Go PNation and Go Pats Go Pats Go!!

"drive for five!"
"six for kicks!"
"seven for heaven!"

Lets do it!
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 11,555
And1: 872
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: OT - Patriots are having a monster offseason so far 

Post#28 » by threrf23 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:46 pm

The Dolphins have signed Jay Cutler so they can compete with us. Oh no.

(what a slap in the face to Kaep, btw)

Return to New England Patriots