Moderator: Parliament10

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Al Wilson 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Al Wilson-LB-Broncos Apr. 17 - 12:16 pm et

The player rep for free agent LB Al Wilson says there's been no interest shown in his client from the Patriots "as of yet."

New England would probably prefer a younger, healthier eventual replacement for Tedy Bruschi, but if Wilson can pass a physical later this offseason and is willing to play for cheap initially, it could be a match.
Source: Providence Journal

Interesting. If he is able to pass a physical, it would be another good addition.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#2 » by sunshinekids99 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:42 pm

I think Wilson would come cheap and if he can pass the physical sure why not. My only issue (minus health of course) is would he be willing to play a backup role?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,449

Post#3 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:58 pm

That's the thing about bringing in vets at LB. They'll have to play a backup role. Would Hartwell or Wilson want that? I doubt it. If NE lucked into Willis they'd be in a great spot.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#4 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about hartwell. I thought for sure we were going to sign him. Who knows, maybe belicheck/pioli are just sniffing around to see if they like something.

Hartwell/Wilson probably do not want to act as a backup. But sooner or later they are gonna have to come to the conclusion, that at this time in FA, no one is looking at them as starting LB's, who can play every game.

Return to New England Patriots