ImageImageImageImage

sauerbrun to broncos

Moderator: Parliament10

TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

sauerbrun to broncos 

Post#1 » by TheCelticTruth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 pm

stephen burbank ruled that the pats filed the right of first refusal incorrectly and that saurbrun will thus move on to the broncos. this is fine with me, im intruiged with the idea of having two football players/athletes in our kicking positions and daniel sepulveda would fit in nicely next to gostkowski. not to mention hes the only guy who has ever won the guy award twice, and won while injured.

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#2 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 am

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#3 » by sunshinekids99 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:50 am

I think it's Miller's job to lose. But if Daniel Sepulveda is healthy he could take the job.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#4 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 pm

i dont mind replacing miller early if someone beats him out, i think theyve [belichick and pioli] shown some signs of expecting some decline from miller, andclearly expected sauerbrun to be here. its not that i think miller cant do it, or wont be better than a number of punters. i just think the pats have shown large interest in other punters, by the free agents theyve look at now and previously in recent history. also, they have two punters in nfl europe.

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Pierce 4 3 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:31 pm

I really wanted Sauerbrun to replace Miller but it would be stupid to pay a punter 1.4 million, so it was a good idea to not sigh him.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#6 » by wetsthebed » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:03 am

2007 is the year of the punter. I say we trade both firsts to move up and take David Sepulveda with the 10 pick. Or we could just take Podlesh with the 24 pick (he's a much better tackler).

Maybe take one of those two later in the draft, both have the potential to be top-tier punters.

*NFLDraftCountdown has us taking Sepulveda in the 3rd? Is that at all realistic, I'd think that that's too early for a punter.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#7 » by TheCelticTruth » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:25 pm

westthebest wrote:2007 is the year of the punter. I say we trade both firsts to move up and take David Sepulveda with the 10 pick. Or we could just take Podlesh with the 24 pick (he's a much better tackler).

Maybe take one of those two later in the draft, both have the potential to be top-tier punters.

*NFLDraftCountdown has us taking Sepulveda in the 3rd? Is that at all realistic, I'd think that that's too early for a punter.

id say it would be more realistic if we had a second rounder, but if he is the only guy there in the third they project as a starter, hes the pick. a starter is good value to the pats at pretty much any pick, regardless of position. hell devin hester was a second rounder, and probably wouldve gone higher if teams knew hed have that impact.

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#8 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:52 am

Who cares? This team may never have to punt.

Return to New England Patriots