Image

Pacers Odds and Ends

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,696
And1: 5,861
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#41 » by pacers33granger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:All star reserves are due out today, I believe. Sabonis has a $1.3m bonus riding on it. If he misses, his cap number for next season will drop by $1.3m, which could help the Pacers out a bit in potentially keeping a Doug McDermott and/or TJ McConnell.

Though, he deserves it, and I hope he makes it.
I'm hoping he does make it but I'm skeptical, especially after that junk Hollinger take from last week. I feel like Randle gets in over him based on the surprising play, it being NY, and Domas numbers trending down lately.

Unfortunately how this season has played out has allowed a lot of guys to flourish thanks to empty gyms who otherwise might not. I kinda wonder if Michael Beasley would've made it to star level in this environment.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#42 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:32 pm

Bummer.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,696
And1: 5,861
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#43 » by pacers33granger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 pm

Not a big surprise. Though Vuc is a surprise imo over both Domas and Bam.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#44 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,976
And1: 806
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#45 » by Jake0890 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am

Definitely a bummer. Saves the Pacers some money, which may be important for re-signing Doug as others have suggested. But Domas deserved it. There were some questionable decisions this year - not sure how Vuc got the nod over Domas. Davis and PG in the West were also probably not deserving, not that those impacted Domas though.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,142
And1: 4,377
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#46 » by boomershadow » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:14 am

Sabonis straight up robbed and snubbed.
Topofthekey
Starter
Posts: 2,120
And1: 809
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#47 » by Topofthekey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:58 am

To be honest, it's kind of expected

Pacers are a .500 team right now (well slightly above, but yea), and Domas' numbers don't exactly jump out from the page

Domas: 21.5/11.6/5.7, shooting 53/36/71
Randle: 23.2/11.0/5.5, shooting 48/41/81
Vucevic: 24.1/11.7/3.6, shooting 48/41/85

The numbers are close enough that you can't really blame anyone for voting for any one of them

Domas should definitely have made it though, at least over Vucevic. But then again, Vucevic's advanced stats are better than Domas', so again you can see why they selected him over Domas

It might have helped his case if Pacers had been playing better, it'd have made it easier for them to reward Domas. But as it is, Pacers are playing .500 basketball, so our indignance don't have too much legs to stand on, unfortunately
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,092
And1: 1,876
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#48 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:37 pm

No reported Pacer waivers. I'm not really surprised we kept Martin as we wouldn't have signed him in the first place had we not seen potential, but I'd have preferred to have used that spot for a bigger player or left it open. There's a new crop of free agents this week but we don't have an open roster spot.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#49 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Early, I know, but nice to see a lot of combo forwards up and down the draft board. For those looking at Big 10 type guys, Garza, Dosunmo, and Jackson-Davis all listed in the 2nd round, as well as Christian Watford’s little brother Tristan (at LSU).
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#50 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Wizop wrote:No reported Pacer waivers. I'm not really surprised we kept Martin as we wouldn't have signed him in the first place had we not seen potential, but I'd have preferred to have used that spot for a bigger player or left it open. There's a new crop of free agents this week but we don't have an open roster spot.


We have until 5pm today before the guarantee kicks in. Martin is the only one with a partial guarantee on the books that this would possibly apply to.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,092
And1: 1,876
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#51 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:We have until 5pm today before the guarantee kicks in. Martin is the only one with a partial guarantee on the books that this would possibly apply to.


thought it was yesterday, not today. I'm not unhappy with Martin. I just wanted more of a 4 than a 3.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#52 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:We have until 5pm today before the guarantee kicks in. Martin is the only one with a partial guarantee on the books that this would possibly apply to.


thought it was yesterday, not today. I'm not unhappy with Martin. I just wanted more of a 4 than a 3.



Agreed. With Warren out, Doug and Jakarr are the only guys between 6’7” and Myles/Dom. Would love to have had an extra guy to really defend the bigger combo forwards like the Barnes’ of the world that always seem to chew us up.

Paid always see Martin waived and maybe brought back on up to two ten day contracts while we bide our time and see if any buyouts free up a wanted guy. :dontknow:
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,092
And1: 1,876
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#53 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote: Paid always see Martin waived and maybe brought back on up to two ten day contracts while we bide our time and see if any buyouts free up a wanted guy. :dontknow:


not sure if the timing works, but maybe we could have put in a waiver claim on someone last night figuring we'd know by 5 if we needed to cut someone to make a roster spot. one name I noticed was Vonleh. there were some other familiar names but they were wings.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#54 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote: Paid always see Martin waived and maybe brought back on up to two ten day contracts while we bide our time and see if any buyouts free up a wanted guy. :dontknow:


not sure if the timing works, but maybe we could have put in a waiver claim on someone last night figuring we'd know by 5 if we needed to cut someone to make a roster spot. one name I noticed was Vonleh. there were some other familiar names but they were wings.


Waivers are 48 hours. Vonleh was waived yesterday, right? If so, he won’t come off waivers until 5pm tomorrow, which is after the deadline. If we list Martin as the drop in that waiver claim, Martin would be fully guaranteed by tomorrow, as we wouldn’t have waived him before todays 5 pm deadline. We’d have to waive Martin today, and put in a claim on Vonleh separate. If we didn’t get the claim, we could always re-sign Martin, if he clears waivers.

but mostly, Vonleh is a pure 5 lately. He’d be competing with Sabonis, Myles, Goga, and Jakarr for minutes at the 5. He wouldn’t realistically help at the 4 at all, as he’s not really guarded the perimeter for years. Sure, if he okays the 5, we could play Myles and Jakarr more at the 4, but there’s still Sabonis and Goga ahead of him.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,092
And1: 1,876
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#55 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,939
And1: 5,262
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#56 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Indiana Pacers