Scot Pollard

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Re: Scot Pollard 

Post#21 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Miller4ever wrote:What's Scotty's hairstyle these days?

Buzz cut...
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
dixava
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by dixava » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm

I don´t think T-mac is overrated. He´s extremely talented and unselfish.
I believe if Yao was health, the Rockets would win the west this year
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,307

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:40 pm

joew8302 wrote:Man, if Tmac is as great as you guys say I just don't get it. They have a superstar center in Yao, a "superstar" two in Tmac, good role players like guys like Battier, James, Landry and head and not only can they not win a title, they can't get out of the first round. I just don't see Tmac as a superstar or great player.

Problem is, Yao has gotten injured for the playoffs the past couple years, leaving TMac to win a title with simply just the good role players around him and no point guard to help him.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#24 » by Miller4ever » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:01 pm

I don't think T-mac is overrated. Yoa is the one who's overrated. People still expect him to be Shaq, when he's so much more like a Chinese Rik Smits.
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#25 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Miller4ever wrote:I don't think T-mac is overrated. Yoa is the one who's overrated. People still expect him to be Shaq, when he's so much more like a Chinese Rik Smits.

Are you kidding me? If Smits played like Yao, we'd have won some titles.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
cdash
Analyst

Post#26 » by cdash » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 pm

PacerPerspective wrote:
Miller4ever wrote:I don't think T-mac is overrated. Yoa is the one who's overrated. People still expect him to be Shaq, when he's so much more like a Chinese Rik Smits.

Are you kidding me? If Smits played like Yao, we'd have won some titles.

Actually, I think thats a pretty decent comparison: Yao/Smits. I think Yao is better than Smits was, but they play more similarly than Yao and Shaq do.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#27 » by PR07 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Maybe Yao's first three years in the league, he played like Smits. However, for Yao's past three seasons he's averaged 20+ ppg and 9.5+ Rpg. Rik Smits never did that. Their games may be similar in that they're big bodies with an arsenal of soft shots and not a lot of quickness, but Yao has a much better offensive game than Rik ever had and is much more of a interior presence to put it simply.
joew8302
Senior

Post#28 » by joew8302 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Yao/Smits comparisons? Wow, comeon guys. Smits had an average Yao game every 5th night. That is more rediculous than Celtic fans saying Ray Allen is better than Reggie Miller.

And I just don't get the superstar Tmac thing. Superstars close series out against Detroit when they are up 3-1 and start talking about the second round. Tmac is very injury prone and is now on the downside of his career. In no way, shape or forum do I think he should be mentioned with the Lebron's, Kobe's, Duncan's, Paul's or Howard's class as a superstar. Just no way.
cdash
Analyst

Post#29 » by cdash » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm

My goodness people, I never said their talent was comparable and certainly harbor no illusions that Smits was anywhere near as good as Yao is, but the way they play the position is similar. Thats it. If you think Yao bangs in the post very physical like a Shaq or a Howard then you dont watch much of him. He has great shooting touch much like Smits and they are more likely to bust out a face the basket game than someone like Shaq. They use their superior height as opposed to their strength in gaining an advantage over defenders. You can compare how players play the game without comparing their talent levels, and thats all I was doing.

Return to Indiana Pacers