Tinsley SUSPENDED Wed night

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#41 » by count55 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 am

OK...this thread is about Tinsley's suspension. We've gone far enough down the Diener vs. Tinsley road. As notque noted earlier, we all want the Pacers to be better, so it's in our best interest for all of them to play as well as possible.

If you want to talk about what Tinsley's suspension means, what should be done, or if you have any new info on it, post in this thread. OK...this thread is about Tinsley's suspension. We've gone far enough down the Diener vs. Tinsley road. As notque noted earlier, we all want the Pacers to be better, so it's in our best interest for all of them to play as well as possible.

If you want to talk about what Tinsley's suspension means, what should be done, or if you have any new info on it, post in this thread. Continuing the Tinsley vs. Diener debate will result in warnings for thread highjacking.

Thanks for your help.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
jeremy1215
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#42 » by jeremy1215 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:32 am

Supposedly Tinsley will be back next game, and I hope that the reason why they lied and said he was injured was because they were working on a trade and didn't want them to know that he is disrupting our team chemistry so bad that its costing him games now.
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#43 » by ajizzle » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 am

I think that Tinsley's suspension did prove that we can survive w/o him, but we do need a true PG if we were to trade him.

His suspension gave Diener the spotlight, and so has his lingering injuries, and IMHO, Diener has proven himself worthy of a chance, much like Kareem has gotten.

While I don't think that the suspension was related to a possible trade, I do think that Tinsley could possibly sit out another game in the near future and be "deactivated" by Obie.

He's supposed to be back for the Kings, and I really hope that he uses this as fuel to get him going and allow him to return to the All-Star level he played at for the first 25 games or so.
PacerGuy
Analyst

Post#44 » by PacerGuy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:13 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... suspended/

Jim O'B deny's suspention!
"As an NBA coach I have the ability and the right to deactivate any player I want," O'Brien said after practice Thursday. "I deactivated Jamaal and Ike (Diogu)."
"What I told you (Wendsday) is the story I'm sticking with."

True, or is he trying to save his trade value?
Only time will tell....
Larry Bird, You are now on the Clock! ( 3/24/08 )
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by ajizzle » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Jamaal has trade value???
jeremy1215
Banned User

Post#46 » by jeremy1215 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:22 pm

O'Brien is a lame duck, he is such a liar. Why would Stephen Jackson and other people lie and say this of all things was because of suspension? I really do think we are trying to trade him and him getting in constant trouble even more lowers his value. I still think, straight up for Ridnour is the best deal, then him and Diener can battle for the starting position. They both have about the same ammount of talent so it comes down to who improves more on defense.
PacerGuy
Analyst

Post#47 » by PacerGuy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm

ajizzle wrote:Jamaal has trade value???

Point taken. Infact I seriously considered a "(if any)" after that statment, but for some reason reframed.

Jeremy, I don't think JO'B is a lame duck (no way he is 1-&-done!), nor may he be lieing exactly - it is most likely somewhere in the middle - an "officially unofficial suspention". That means JO'B said "F'- You, JT, you don't want to sit here & watch film, then you can sit your bum & watch the game tonight, cause you aint planing!" No game check pulled, nothing "official", just a "deactivation/ coaching decision". Hard to prove, & it might be seen as splitting hairs, but I don't know how you can prove JO'B wrong.
Larry Bird, You are now on the Clock! ( 3/24/08 )
jeremy1215
Banned User

Post#48 » by jeremy1215 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Well he doesn't exactly make good coaching decisions, like starting Owens, or even giving Tins the green light. Well, I guess if this is true and O'brien is lying about the suspension, maybe it would have been best if us and other teams around the league didn't know.
TSC25
Veteran

Post#49 » by TSC25 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 pm

PacerPerspective wrote:I have a feeling we'll be shopping him over the next month.

I think your right.
bballpacen
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#50 » by bballpacen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 pm

PacerPerspective wrote:I have a feeling we'll be shopping him over the next month.
Sure, but like the rest of the past few years that he has been on the blocks, will there be any buyers??
JarrettJackSG
Rookie

Post#51 » by JarrettJackSG » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:26 am

There we'll be buyers, but will we have to be hosed to get rid of him?
Rest in Peace, Pacerfan
Will eat crow if Brandon Rush turns out good.
jeremy1215
Banned User

Post#52 » by jeremy1215 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:27 am

I don't care if we get hosed I want him GONE

Return to Indiana Pacers