GTD: Game 52 Boston @ Pacers

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,935

Post#41 » by shackles10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:11 am

Good game guys. I was supposed to go to this game but some things came up. Even then I was gonna make it happen today but then the weather came into play as well. Just too nasty for a last minute ticket scalp. Celtics looked rather lazy most of the game tonight. I would love a C's-P's playoff matchup just because then I could attend some games on the way to #17 :).
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 445

Post#42 » by Grang33r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 am

Solid effort by the guys. Well played game but Boston had just too much fire power for us to compete. Dunleavy disappeared in the 2nd half but Williams, Rush, Granger all played well i thought. Diener looked good but you can just tell he lacks from no expierence.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#43 » by PR07 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 am

I really don't think this team is that far off. We need to start finishing games though, but it's still encouraging that we've hung with the beasts of the East in Detroit and Boston recently.
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#44 » by ajizzle » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 am

Well, the biggest difference between the Pacers and the playoff teams is that they have FINISHERS! In the 4th, like in All-Star Games, the D gets really serious, and that's why you saw Pierce have about 7-10 ISOs called for him, b/c if it's just one man making plays, then it's a high probability that TOs won't happen.

Pierce had what, about 10-12 pts in the 4th, and he was the playmaker. Whether it was hitting Js, driving and getting to the line, or penetrating then passing out, most of their plays went through him. I'd like to see Danny given that same chance, especially now while both Tinsley and JO are out and Granger won't feel he needs to defer to them in clutch situations.

The motion offense is great for a while, but eventually, all of that passing and dribbling is gonna catch up to you, and like Payback said, "If you go high enough, it always comes down to one guy..." We need to hold tryouts, and my first candidate is Old No. 33.

Return to Indiana Pacers