2012/13 Random Trade Thoughts

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

2012/13 Random Trade Thoughts 

Post#1 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 31, 2012 2:11 am

Alright guys, if you have random trade thoughts, feel free to let them fly in this thread. Please include any draft pick trades, player trades, etc.

Please, only start a new thread if there is some sort of substantiated or rumored trade concept being floated out by some credible news source.

Let 'er rip!
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Re: Offseason 2012 Random Trade Thoughts 

Post#2 » by Boneman2 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 am

I want Milsap from Utah first and foremost. This way Roy will always have a protector by his side.

I'd offer GHill + 2 mill. in capspace by way of S&T. It is essentially like giving last years draft picks for Milsap. D Harris is on his way out, and I think GHill is Utah's kind of player. They know him well from his days with the Spurs, and would probably like to tick them off a little. Utah has so many bigs they'd hardly feel a difference upfront, but you can be sure Hill would elevate their backcourt.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of keeping DC as a backup because he is cheap. Also, there will be other options out there like Billups, Bledsoe, Nash, Tyreke, Rondo, Augustin, DWill etc.... either by trade or through free agnecy.

Another player I'd scope out is ARandolph, only because his value is low right now, and he could probably be had much the same way we acquired Barbosa or Louis, on the extreme cheap.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
And1: 269

Post#3 » by Starkiller » Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 pm

^ I'm with you on Milsap Boneman but not at the cost of Hill. Collison and Hans probably, but not Hill.
This ^
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#4 » by frizzledizzle » Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 pm

What kind of money do you think Marreese Speights will get?

I don't know if Memphis will be able to sign him so if we could get him cheap enough, he would make for a good back up center/power forward. Then we could try trading Hansbrough to the Bobcats for their 2nd round pick. I'm not sure they'd give up the first pick in 2nd round to absorb Hansbrough's contract but it would probably help their ticket sales.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#5 » by Moooose » Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 pm

I, too, would like to have Millsap. Though Utah may purge their frontcourt to make minutes for Favors and Kanter, it would take more than George Hill to acquire Millsap, and i don't think they'd want Hansbrough either, as it would defeat the purpose of purging the frontcourt.

IMO, it is Al Jefferson who will get moved as he plays the same position as Favors and Kanter, and teams might want a bigger inside presence than Millsap.

I think Houston and Utah could be good trade partners with Lowry and Jefferson.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by Wizop » Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 pm

I like Jefferson as well or better than Milsap anyway as he is more of a center.

I can't see moving Hill and Bird said he likes him.

Bird also said that "the guys thought Barbosa made the team better." I take "the guys" to mean the coaching staff and not the players. he also said that we got nothing from Barbosa in the playoffs which is very true.

look for Stevenson and Pendergraph to play in the summer league. if Pendergraph plays well, I wonder if we'd let Amundson go to make room for Jeff to get on the floor. the reporters asked no questions about Fesenko so I have no idea how he fits, if at all.

short of a trade, I think EJ is out of the picture. Bird made very clear that he's been instructed never to try and sign a restricted free agent because Herb believes you have to overpay to get them. putting myself in New Orleans shoes with them holding two lottery picks, I can't see why they'd want to sign and trade EJ. were I they, I'd draft Anthony Davis and Kendall Marshall and resign EJ.

I expect Dahntay to not be here past his current contract and that means I'd listen to offers from people wanting an expiring contract. looks like he has a player option for this year although I wouldn't expect him to opt out. if he does, I'd let him go.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#7 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Jun 1, 2012 2:09 am

The pacers should be looking to find another 4/5; There are some solid Centers in this draft that could possibly be a good backup for Big Hib; They should consider trading up to nab a guy like Fab Melo; Leonard or Henson from UNC. They should also have their eyes on the Georgetown Kid Sims. This draft seems to have solid crop of young talented bigs. However a lot of gms arent so high on this draft which could allow the Pacers to get a nice young big on the cheap side.
Boneman2
General Manager

Post#8 » by Boneman2 » Fri Jun 1, 2012 5:11 am

I'd like it if Bird pursued Bledsoe from the Clips. This guy is going to be very effective once he leaves LAC. Watch and see.

I'd offer something along the lines of DC/Hans for Bledsoe/Thompkins, and follow that up with a s&t of GHill.

It's not that Hill is bad, he just isn't a pure distributor, and I don't want to be hitched to that. Imagine if we had practiced a little patience in regards to Hill, we could be sitting with Kawai L. or Marshon Brooks, and still be able to sign GHill like we're about to do. What a huge waste of a pick. Hopefully Bird has learned not to trade picks for someone you can sign outright the following season.

My darkhorse is Billups, we can probably approach him with a minimum deal given the opportunity of the situation.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Fri Jun 1, 2012 10:01 am

Millsap will be an unrestricted free agent next summer and we will have West coming off the books. Trading for him isn't without risk and if Favors and Kanter develop like they are predicted to do, we might be able to offer him something the Jazz can not: a starter position for many years to come.

If we will be able to keep Hibbert, you are not going to find many other players who fit that nicely next to Big Roy and don't have a low IQ.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#10 » by 8305 » Fri Jun 1, 2012 11:34 am

I wouldn't trade Hill my starting pg for a guy who wouldn't be a starter and who you would have to resign the following season to boot. The safer move--extend West once you know you are done chasing this summer's free agents.

I'm fine with moving Tyler.

For Charlotte's 2nd round pick
To move up in the 1st round
For a stretch 4
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#11 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 1, 2012 12:26 pm

I think you could get Nicholson in at 26 who has the size to be a true 4 and 3 point range too. he's got potential to be more than a stretch 4.

I like the idea of trading for Charlotte's 2nd though. lots of good players at the bottom of the first and top of the second this year and there are huge contractual advantages to second round picks over firsts.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#12 » by SmashMouthRod » Sat Jun 2, 2012 8:13 am

A trade idea would be Collison and # 26 (possibly next years first as well) for the raptors #8 pick. Pacers then draft Fab Melo or Henson from UNC. Then sign back AJ Price; Hill and Hibbert. U just made room for Lance Stephenson to start growing into a James Harden type role off the bench. This move would improve the defense and rebounding of the team immediately.

PG Hill / Stephenson or Price
SG George / Barbosa, or free agent possibly Courtney lee or OJ Mayo
SF Granger / D.Jones, George or free agent
PF West / Hansborough, Melo or Pendergraph
C Hibbert / Melo, Fesenko
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#13 » by 8305 » Sat Jun 2, 2012 12:27 pm

Not sure I'd take Fab Melo at 26 let alone trade Collison to move up to get him. How much of an aggregation does a starting player have to be to get kicked off his college team a week before the NCAA tournament?

I'm anxious to see how Darren develops as the lead guy off the bench. So, the guy we move up for would have bring something pretty special. Now if we could move up and get Tyler Zeller I'd be pretty interested. I see Zeller being a pretty quick study and being able to play both the 4 and the 5. His ability to get up and down the floor could be a really unique skill.
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#14 » by jarryd3107 » Sun Jun 3, 2012 8:28 am

Not really a trade (maybe a sign and trade), but I'd be after Steve Nash. He wants to get paid and he wants to play for a contender, so I'd offer something like $20-$24m/2 years to get him.

After that, Hibbert and Hill should be resigned, with Hill being back-up point. He'd learn a lot from Nash for 2 years. I'd then trade DC for anything, be it a pick for help at another position.

I think Nash could be had, he isn't set on Miami because they have only the minimum. No other team can offer the money / opportunity to compete that Indy can.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#15 » by Moooose » Sun Jun 3, 2012 7:35 pm

^ Nash could be looking for a ring and not a huge contract though. Rumors say he could be Chicago-bound. But if we can somehow make Lou and Barbosa convince him to try Indy, why not? He'd be worth the money. More importantly, he could be the key to unleashing the beasts in Paul George and Roy Hibbert.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jun 3, 2012 11:08 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:A trade idea would be Collison and # 26 (possibly next years first as well) for the raptors #8 pick. Pacers then draft Fab Melo or Henson from UNC. Then sign back AJ Price; Hill and Hibbert. U just made room for Lance Stephenson to start growing into a James Harden type role off the bench. This move would improve the defense and rebounding of the team immediately.

PG Hill / Stephenson or Price
SG George / Barbosa, or free agent possibly Courtney lee or OJ Mayo
SF Granger / D.Jones, George or free agent
PF West / Hansborough, Melo or Pendergraph
C Hibbert / Melo, Fesenko

Darren Collison is not enough value to move up from #26 to #8 in this draft. Sure, he finished strong in the playoffs, but that was after losing his starting spot to George Hill, and to only having one year left on his contract before he would need a payday. Fair or not, Collison would have to prove his value before he could move you up that far.

I think Collison could net you 1st rounder around #24 to the end of the 1st, or could move you up from the Pacers spot to around #17 or so at most.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#17 » by Indy2thaWindy » Mon Jun 4, 2012 11:17 am

PUSH!!!
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#18 » by Indy2thaWindy » Mon Jun 4, 2012 11:23 am

Boneman2 wrote:I'd like it if Bird pursued Bledsoe from the Clips. This guy is going to be very effective once he leaves LAC. Watch and see.

I'd offer something along the lines of DC/Hans for Bledsoe/Thompkins, and follow that up with a s&t of GHill.

It's not that Hill is bad, he just isn't a pure distributor, and I don't want to be hitched to that. Imagine if we had practiced a little patience in regards to Hill, we could be sitting with Kawai L. or Marshon Brooks, and still be able to sign GHill like we're about to do. What a huge waste of a pick. Hopefully Bird has learned not to trade picks for someone you can sign outright the following season.

My darkhorse is Billups, we can probably approach him with a minimum deal given the opportunity of the situation.

You say we should move Hill because he's not a pure distubutor, but then have us bring in an undersized 2 in Bledsoe and a shooter in Billups? That doesn't really help us at all.
Boneman2
General Manager

Post#19 » by Boneman2 » Tue Jun 5, 2012 1:07 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote: You say we should move Hill because he's not a pure distubutor, but then have us bring in an undersized 2 in Bledsoe and a shooter in Billups? That doesn't really help us at all.

I guess it comes down to how much you believe George Hill is worth as our starting pg. Because 8 million/per on 2.9 apg is very expensive.

In a similar role with the Clips Billups averaged more across the board than Hill, just imagine if CP3 wasn't there.

We'll see about Bledsoe. I think he can be an effective 1 at a sixth of the cost.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#20 » by ahartleyvu » Wed Jun 6, 2012 2:05 am

What do you guys think of trying to get the 7th pick?

Granger, Jones for 7th pick, Biedrins, Wright

Collison - Hill - Price
Hill - George
George - Barnes (7) - Wright
West - Hansbrough - Melo (26)
Hibbert - Biedrins - Melo

Plus any free agent signings.

Return to Indiana Pacers