Unofficial 2017 Off Season Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Re: Unofficial 2017 Off Season Thread 

Post#201 » by SBM » Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 am

Why would Portland want to make all 3 of those picks when they already have a roster 15 full. Select 3 people to play in D League and sit at end of the bench. Its obvious they arent making all those picks for themselves.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#202 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 20, 2017 2:36 am

SBM wrote:Why would Portland want to make all 3 of those picks when they already have a roster 15 full. Select 3 people to play in D League and sit at end of the bench. Its obvious they arent making all those picks for themselves.

Like I said, I don't think they will. I suspect they're going to shop the picks pretty hard to either move up or upgrade some positions of need. If all else fails, I fully believe they'll use the final CLE pick on a Euro or trade it for some future 2nd rounders.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#203 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:54 am

DusterBuster wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:Portland is gonna be paying luxury tax next season even when you subtract Festus, I'd think they would want to move some of the bad contracts they got into.

As Olshey said in his exit interviews, the Blazers have an owner who's willing and able to pay a bit of tax. He knows his contract situation. I'm sure they'll be proactive to move deals if they can, but the Blazers (more specifically Paul Allen) never have shown a proclivity for giving up assets to shave salary and I don't believe that's going to start now.

Paul Allen is worth about $80 billion so he can afford it! Still even if I'm a billionaire I'm not gonna want to pay tax unless I'm in the finals.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#204 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 am

DusterBuster wrote:
SBM wrote:Why would Portland want to make all 3 of those picks when they already have a roster 15 full. Select 3 people to play in D League and sit at end of the bench. Its obvious they arent making all those picks for themselves.

Like I said, I don't think they will. I suspect they're going to shop the picks pretty hard to either move up or upgrade some positions of need. If all else fails, I fully believe they'll use the final CLE pick on a Euro or trade it for some future 2nd rounders.

There are a few guys they could dump or buy out how committed to Tim Quarterman and Pat Connaughton are they? Then again if you could dump Leonard and only lose the #26 pick that wouldn't be terrible.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#205 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 20, 2017 3:02 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

There are a few guys they could dump or buy out how committed to Tim Quarterman and Pat Connaughton are they? Then again if you could dump Leonard and only lose the #26 pick that wouldn't be terrible.

I went over what seems to be the teams view of Pat and Tim. The TL;DR version of that is Tim they'd cut, Pat they'd keep.

I agree, if the team could trade Leonard and it only cost the #26, I think that's something they consider. Especially if they could get a future 2nd rounder back in the deal as well since, as I mentioned, I think moving that #26 for future 2nd's is something they'd look at anyway.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to Indiana Pacers