2017 Playoffs baby!!

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

n8boz
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Playoffs baby!! 

Post#41 » by n8boz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 am

Cresy06 wrote:
n8boz wrote:Jazz fan here. Is Nate McMillian always this terrible?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You mean his rotations? I can't really blame him, no matter who he threw out there in the second half sucked.

The Pacers offense was just terrible 2nd half...never seen anything like it honestly. It's been rather bad for most of the year but this was the absolute worst.
Defense meh, you can't really stop the Cavs when they're rolling.

More the lack of an offensive scheme. Iso and kick 95% of the time. Watching the Jazz and Spurs to watching McMillian is a completely different form of basketball.
First half worked with the hot shooting of everyone then it died when the Cavs made Teague Stevenson and Miles try to beat them.

Using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,397

Re: 2017 Playoffs baby!! 

Post#42 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 am

Seems like second half Lance messed up the flow of the offense being unable to be a threat from perimeter, that allows Cavs to solidify their D with one guy sagging off
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#43 » by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 am

You can't see if you can't see that Lance Stephenson being overplayed cost this game. They did it before in GM1, go under and make him a shooter and it kills everything. He has no business with the ball late in games because he is too one dimensional.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 am

Yes, he is always that bad.
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#45 » by Cresy06 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 am

I love watching NBA Basketball, it is so entertaining, especially Playoffs.

But a game like this would NEVER happen in European basketball. Whenever a team is up by that much they milk the clock, run long set plays (something I have never seen in the NBA) and take smart shots. On defense they try to slow the other team down.
What do NBA Teams do? Just like the Pacers tonight, they come out second half thinking they can put up another 74 point half against the defending champ and just throw up early shots that are contested, which lead to easy and FAST points by the Cavs. They basically turned the game around in the first 4 minutes of the second half. PG didn't touch the ball basically for the whole 3rd quarter and he didn't even ask for it. Rotations were all off all of a sudden. Could go on for days about this game.

Biggest comeback in NBA Playoff history. Never been this frustrated and disappointed being a Pacers fan
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#46 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 am

This game is a freaking joke, it's bias there were so many biased calls it's pathetic. I'm sick of it I'm never paying another f'ing dime to watch another nba game as long as I live. NBA ticket can kiss my ...
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#47 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 am

Sell the GD team and move it to Mexico City for all I care.
n8boz
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Playoffs baby!! 

Post#48 » by n8boz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:This game is a freaking joke, it's bias there were so many biased calls it's pathetic. I'm sick of it I'm never paying another f'ing dime to watch another nba game as long as I live. NBA ticket can kiss my ...

The nba is a joke with officiating. That said this game is 100% on the Pacers coaching. That was painful to watch.

Using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,397

Post#49 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

Lets face it. Cavs is the better team. You guys are like an underdog in a chess game. You guys might as well punk them by mirroring their move. If they run 1-3, you also run it and let PG abuse Kyrie.

*once Cavs finds way to weaken Pacers lineup with Lance
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#50 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 am

76ciology wrote:Lets face it. Cavs is the better team. You guys are like an underdog in a chess game. You guys might as well punk them by mirroring their move. If they run 1-3, you also run it and let PG abuse Kyrie.

*once Cavs finds way to weaken Pacers lineup with Lance

Get the hell out of our board troll.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#51 » by Butler4thewin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 am

You guys think pg13 leaves if you get swept guys?
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#52 » by KidPistol » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 am

I honestly dont get it. Going from contenders to playoff bottom feeders. George is definitely gone and he should have been traded a LOOOONG time ago. Seriously. This team needs a fresh rebuild. A new coach and everything. Try to get Jay Wright from Villanova and deal Paul George to the Celtics for the first pick. Keep Turner and trade a couple more pieces for a late round pick and then go hard in free agency because after that embarrassing performance last night from a sorry ass team, I think it's time to move on. Honestly wish the pacers were like the 2012 and 2013 pacers. That team was too good.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#53 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

76ciology wrote:Seems like second half Lance messed up the flow of the offense being unable to be a threat from perimeter, that allows Cavs to solidify their D with one guy sagging off

No doubt dribbled the damn air out of the ball. Sometimes the worse thing that can happen to Lance is for Lance to get going early.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#54 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

YES. Stellar move by Larry getting rid of Frank :crazy:
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Honestly I don't care what happens to George. He was great for about a month and a half and the playoffs. If he had been anywhere close to that the rest of the season this would be a 50+ win team that would not have to deal with the Cavs right now. I don't think Myles Turner is a good building block, I would deal him but Bird will not because he thinks he got a steal but dealing him would probably net you another steal because he is overrated. I'm fine with letting Teague walk even they I gained respect for him throughout the season. He will be fine on the right team. The rest I don't care about even to mention. I don't like this team at all, good its over.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,048

Post#56 » by Wizop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

the stage was too big for Turner this year.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#57 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:

I'll never understand why Larry wanted to let Frank go. If they don't win the next game I'd fire Nate.

I've been saying all season that this team tends to roll over and die as soon as things start going a little bit wrong. Last night there were 3-4 really bad calls, where fouls were committed by the Cavs, and the Pacers collapsed because of it. No excuse for it, the team has no guts.

As for the bad calls I saw the same thing happen in game to of San Antonio and Memphis just ask Fizdale what he thinks about that game, he got fined about $15,000 for his comments about the rotten officials. :nod:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#58 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

SBM wrote:Honestly I don't care what happens to George. He was great for about a month and a half and the playoffs. If he had been anywhere close to that the rest of the season this would be a 50+ win team that would not have to deal with the Cavs right now. I don't think Myles Turner is a good building block, I would deal him but Bird will not because he thinks he got a steal but dealing him would probably net you another steal because he is overrated. I'm fine with letting Teague walk even they I gained respect for him throughout the season. He will be fine on the right team. The rest I don't care about even to mention. I don't like this team at all, good its over.

This Pacers Team seems to give up and roll over and die at the first sign of a problem in a game. We lost at least 10 games this season that we should have won. If we'd gonna those games we would have had the best record. But this team has no guts. :nod:
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#59 » by Pacers_Freak » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:10 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I'll never understand why Larry wanted to let Frank go. If they don't win the next game I'd fire Nate.

I've been saying all season that this team tends to roll over and die as soon as things start going a little bit wrong. Last night there were 3-4 really bad calls, where fouls were committed by the Cavs, and the Pacers collapsed because of it. No excuse for it, the team has no guts.

As for the bad calls I saw the same thing happen in game to of San Antonio and Memphis just ask Fizdale what he thinks about that game, he got fined about $15,000 for his comments about the rotten officials. :nod:

Frank was never Larry's guy. He got his contract while Larry wasn't with the team. Larry had said at one time he thought you had to be a former player to get respect. Guess he doesn't know about Pop. Also don't think that Larry liked that Frank was a players coach. But he got the team to buy in.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#60 » by ducler » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Return to Indiana Pacers