Senior
And1: 215

Re: George is leaving 

Post#181 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:
Lakers got nothing so we are happy about that too

I'd say we are in a real good situation to get George for free while retaining all our young talent. That is priceless.

Y'all are delightful visitors. Trying to troll or does it just come naturally for you?

I can't but wonder what Pat Riley will do this summer - I wouldn't sleep on him and watch him as far as free agents and rebuilding.
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#182 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:14 am

I don't see the Lakers being a threat to any team signing big agents until they trade Deng - and to do that they might have to wait two more years. It's a shame the Pacers didn't know about Irving and the Cavaliers - Straight across Irving for Paul George would have been a good trade for both teams
Lakers 2020
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,275

Post#183 » by boomershadow » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Camping Fan wrote:I don't see the Lakers being a threat to any team signing big agents until they trade Deng - and to do that they might have to wait two more years. It's a shame the Pacers didn't know about Irving and the Cavaliers - Straight across Irving for Paul George would have been a good trade for both teams

Zach Lowe is saying we offered George for Irving, and the Cavs turned it down. Supposedly Irving wanted to request a trade earlier in the off season, but didn't know who to talk to with the Cavs FO in a state of transition.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#184 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
I can't but wonder what Pat Riley will do this summer - I wouldn't sleep on him and watch him as far as free agents and rebuilding.

He's going to have a ton of work to do though. Spotrac has them at $109 mil already committed next summer. He can't really trade Whiteside or Dragic and expect any free agents to come. So he would basically have to dump at least two of Tyler Johnson, James Johnson, Waiters, or Olynyk. That might be a tall order (TJ at least costs a good asset to move imo).
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#185 » by Camping Fan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:17 am

boomershadow wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:I don't see the Lakers being a threat to any team signing big agents until they trade Deng - and to do that they might have to wait two more years. It's a shame the Pacers didn't know about Irving and the Cavaliers - Straight across Irving for Paul George would have been a good trade for both teams

Zach Lowe is saying we offered George for Irving, and the Cavs turned it down. Supposedly Irving wanted to request a trade earlier in the off season, but didn't know who to talk to with the Cavs FO in a state of transition.

I wish the best of Luck to Indiana and hope they can get something good going
Lakers 2020

Return to Indiana Pacers