pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Re: George is leaving 

Post#161 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:01 am

boomershadow wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
boomershadow wrote:I like Sabonis even though I'm not super sure we needed another C/PF.

Yeah we have a ton of bigs now. Our roster is a bit of a mess.

If it means Al Jefferson is on the way out, I'm all on board. I won't even complain about the no draft pick.

I have a feeling he's going to be kept around as somewhat of a bigman coach and leader.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#162 » by Grang33r » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:02 am

I started a new thread specific to the trade, hope thats cool with you guys
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,277

Post#163 » by boomershadow » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:45 am

pacers33granger wrote:
boomershadow wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Yeah we have a ton of bigs now. Our roster is a bit of a mess.

If it means Al Jefferson is on the way out, I'm all on board. I won't even complain about the no draft pick.

I have a feeling he's going to be kept around as somewhat of a bigman coach and leader.

He's making a lot of money for that role though.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#164 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:46 am

boomershadow wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
boomershadow wrote:

He's making a lot of money for that role though.

He definitely is. I'm just not sure I see Simon being ok with paying an asset to dump him and there's no way he just eats the cost of waiving him.
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#165 » by Spintown » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Tzar wrote:Randle + Clarkson + 28th pick for PG?

With the reports that "Paul George’s Camp Telling Teams ‘Pretty Adamantly’ He Will Join L.A. In 2018," this looks like a pretty reasonable offer given the circumstances.

Really I thought it looked like a giant excrement sandwich. 8-)

is it time to talk about which excrement sandwich was better? I would rather have randle, clarkson, kuzma then oladipo and sabonis
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#166 » by Camping Fan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 am

I have an acquaintance that on a different message board post a thread about Paul George when it was announce he wouldn't be returning to play for the Pacers next year. - His exact words was that "He hopes PG breaks his other leg" Horrible thing to say about a professional athlete who has given 100% for his employers and fans and now feels that a change is in order. I know this hurts the Pacers, but the Pacers is a good organization and they will recover. The one thing I always carry with me is that no player is bigger than the team he plays for. The team is mamma and daddy no matter what. Good luck in the fall
Lakers 2020
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#167 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Spintown wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Tzar wrote:Randle + Clarkson + 28th pick for PG?

With the reports that "Paul George’s Camp Telling Teams ‘Pretty Adamantly’ He Will Join L.A. In 2018," this looks like a pretty reasonable offer given the circumstances.

is it time to talk about which excrement sandwich was better? I would rather have randle, clarkson, kuzma then oladipo and sabonis

Well then that's what you got so you should be happy. That's not chocolate pudding!! :lol:
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#168 » by RingsDontLie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Well then that's what you got so you should be happy. That's not chocolate pudding!! :lol:

I think Pacers did okay. Oladipo is a good scorer and you'll need that. Is he better than Clarkson, I don't know. Not a big fan of Clarkson either so don't really blame Indy for not picking up that deal. Randle would of been interesting with Turner. I know some Pacer fans had interest in that but I guess your FO did not like him.

Overall I like what happened with both teams. Lakers can get George for nothing, and Pacers got a legit scorer in Oladipo. I think everyone is happy on the Lakers/Pacers side with how everything went down.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#169 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Camping Fan wrote:I have an acquaintance that on a different message board post a thread about Paul George when it was announce he wouldn't be returning to play for the Pacers next year. - His exact words was that "He hopes PG breaks his other leg" Horrible thing to say about a professional athlete who has given 100% for his employers and fans and now feels that a change is in order. I know this hurts the Pacers, but the Pacers is a good organization and they will recover. The one thing I always carry with me is that no player is bigger than the team he plays for. The team is mamma and daddy no matter what. Good luck in the fall

Mamma and daddy? What on earth are you trying to insinuate here? We cannot be held responsible for what any single poster posts, let alone on another forum, nor is there any carryover or association.

In saying such, we could associate you with the Lakers posters back when they demanded Jermaine O'Neal for nothing, though, I'm sure, you would feel as if you're different. Maybe now you understand.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers don't get either of George, Westbrook, or Lebron. Or they could get both and be the next dynasty. Who knows.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

I think Pacers did okay. Oladipo is a good scorer and you'll need that. Is he better than Clarkson, I don't know. Not a big fan of Clarkson either so don't really blame Indy for not picking up that deal. Randle would of been interesting with Turner. I know some Pacer fans had interest in that but I guess your FO did not like him.

Overall I like what happened with both teams. Lakers can get George for nothing, and Pacers got a legit scorer in Oladipo. I think everyone is happy on the Lakers/Pacers side with how everything went down.

Or, George loves playing with Westbrook and they both sign for more money in OKC, and Lebron doesn't go to LA, leaving the Lakers with only the knowledge that their inaction allowed George to slip through their fingers. Either could happen.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#171 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:I have an acquaintance that on a different message board post a thread about Paul George when it was announce he wouldn't be returning to play for the Pacers next year. - His exact words was that "He hopes PG breaks his other leg" Horrible thing to say about a professional athlete who has given 100% for his employers and fans and now feels that a change is in order. I know this hurts the Pacers, but the Pacers is a good organization and they will recover. The one thing I always carry with me is that no player is bigger than the team he plays for. The team is mamma and daddy no matter what. Good luck in the fall

Mamma and daddy? What on earth are you trying to insinuate here? We cannot be held responsible for what any single poster posts, let alone on another forum, nor is there any carryover or association.

In saying such, we could associate you with the Lakers posters back when they demanded Jermaine O'Neal for nothing, though, I'm sure, you would feel as if you're different. Maybe now you understand.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers don't get either of George, Westbrook, or Lebron. Or they could get both and be the next dynasty. Who knows.

Exactly what the PG thing reminded me of they were insisting that the Pacer would trade JO for Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom and Javaris Crittenton the Pacers wanted Bynum instead of Brown or Odom and the lakers fans said Bird was trying to gut their team. Nice how that worked out in the long run they traded Bynum in the Dwight Howard deal and the Pacers end up with TJ Ford, Nesterovic and Roy Hibbert out of JO. The only one of all those players still playing is Howard and he's in Charlotte, via Atlanta and Houston and the lakers and the Pacers have nothing to show for either player. JO or Bynum.
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#172 » by tocooks101 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

Lakers got nothing so we are happy about that too
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#173 » by Camping Fan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Wasn't trying to insinuate anything really and I never said anyone here was responsible for what another poster said. I was just pointing out that Paul George in comparison was called ugly names for wanting to leave the Pacers like Irving. It's part of the business and they have that right. I really am not sold on Westbrook or Lebron - I feel that the Lakers need to be patient and left these young players develop. Westbrook and Lebron are getting a bit older now and will be on the edge of wanting max contracts. I am not 100% sold on Paul George either.
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#174 » by Camping Fan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Exactly what the PG thing reminded me of they were insisting that the Pacer would trade JO for Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom and Javaris Crittenton the Pacers wanted Bynum instead of Brown or Odom and the lakers fans said Bird was trying to gut their team. Nice how that worked out in the long run they traded Bynum in the Dwight Howard deal and the Pacers end up with TJ Ford, Nesterovic and Roy Hibbert out of JO. The only one of all those players still playing is Howard and he's in Charlotte, via Atlanta and Houston and the lakers and the Pacers have nothing to show for either player. JO or Bynum.

The irony that Dwight Howard will never have a championship whereas Bynum has two of them technically.
Lakers 2020
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#175 » by RingsDontLie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 am

tocooks101 wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I'd say we are in a real good situation to get George for free while retaining all our young talent. That is priceless.
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#176 » by tocooks101 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:25 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:

I'd say we are in a real good situation to get George for free while retaining all our young talent. That is priceless.

None of that has anything to do with the PG trade.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:05 am

RingsDontLie wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:

Y'all are delightful visitors. Trying to troll or does it just come naturally for you?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:08 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Wasn't trying to insinuate anything really and I never said anyone here was responsible for what another poster said. I was just pointing out that Paul George in comparison was called ugly names for wanting to leave the Pacers like Irving. It's part of the business and they have that right. I really am not sold on Westbrook or Lebron - I feel that the Lakers need to be patient and left these young players develop. Westbrook and Lebron are getting a bit older now and will be on the edge of wanting max contracts. I am not 100% sold on Paul George either.

If you weren't trying to insinuate anything, then I'm absolutely shocked you aren't aware enough to realize that you're trolling and trying to insult all Indy fans with insults tossed specifically at one fan base, based on what you heard one friend elsewhere say.

But in all seriousness, I doubt you have any player on your roster right now that will ever be as productive as Paul George, Lebron James, or Russell Westbrook will be, even in the twilight of their careers. To "not be sold" on them? Not sure what that means, but they'd be massive improvements, immediately and long-term, to your roster, and would cost little to nothing to acquire. I think you'd be insanely lucky to get any of them.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#179 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:10 am

RingsDontLie wrote:

Well you guys did already lose DLo and will have to lose another piece or two to dump Deng (or stretch him and eat the money for several years). Seems likely Randle will walk as well, though that would mean that Bron or someone else is coming.

So signing PG would be getting him for free per se, but it still comes at a price (even if its small) as some young talent was already lost and it's likely more will be.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#180 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:06 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Mamma and daddy? What on earth are you trying to insinuate here? We cannot be held responsible for what any single poster posts, let alone on another forum, nor is there any carryover or association.

If you weren't trying to insinuate anything, then I'm absolutely shocked you aren't aware enough to realize that you're trolling and trying to insult all Indy fans with insults tossed specifically at one fan base, based on what you heard one friend elsewhere say.

But in all seriousness, I doubt you have any player on your roster right now that will ever be as productive as Paul George, Lebron James, or Russell Westbrook will be, even in the twilight of their careers. To "not be sold" on them? Not sure what that means, but they'd be massive improvements, immediately and long-term, to your roster, and would cost little to nothing to acquire. I think you'd be insanely lucky to get any of them.

I don't agree at all with part of this - As I stated - I know one person who was so upset that Paul George left that he stated that he hoped PG would break his other leg. I mentioned it because I thought there have been similar feelings among the Pacers fans that are upset. That's understandable, but as I said before - Paul George is not bigger than the Pacers no matter how good he is and I agree that he is a top ten guard in the NBA. As I said before - the Pacers is a good ball club and they will recover. I would like to see more teams be competitive in the Eastern Conference. Now for the life of me, I fail to see how that is trolling. I never insulted anyone and I never insulted the Pacers organization. You said that you wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers don't get any of the top players and I was agreeing with you. I am not sold on them - was a reference that I didn't feel that any of the players except Paul George was right for those players or the Lakers. The Lakers has a really young core of players that will need a minimum of two years to become elite players - and LeBron James and Westbrook are players that should try to go to a team that will be ready to contend for a championship immediately. The Lakers is not the right team for that. It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers did not make it even to the second round of the playoffs for three more years. And some of those players play a lot of isolation ball which is again not a good fit for the Lakers.
'
Lakers 2020

Return to Indiana Pacers