Joseph Young

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Joseph Young 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:29 pm

tocooks101 wrote:It's crazy to me that Joe Young and Cory joseph are the same age, opposite career arcs I guess.

Joe Young didn't come out until after his senior year. Joseph was drafted 4 years earlier and if I'm reading the history right he came out after his freshman year. So they may be the same age but Joseph has much more NBA experience and experience really matters with point guards.

Lots and lots of point guards have blossomed after spending years in Europe or the D-League. Seven footers tend to hang around at the end of the roster much longer than point guards. That Joe has made it this far without earning minutes says the coaches like his potential.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Lil_Chipmunk
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Lil_Chipmunk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:07 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:
Lil_Chipmunk wrote:
HurricaneDij25 wrote:
Plain and simple - George is a diva who blames his surroundings when things don't go his way and/or spoon fed to him, whether that happens to be the refs, his uniform, or his teammates.

Fans in Indiana loved him because he happened to be the best player on a team that took the Heat to the full seven games one year, and he would proceed to be lauded as the next "up-and-coming young superstar" as a result. While I myself was never a George fanboy, I've always respected and appreciated his skills and contributions to what was an eastern conference contender at the time.

That being said, he's not a player you could "live and die" by and expect to compete for titles.

He never was.

he left a crappy team that was never going to be a contender can you blame him? at least he gave the pacers a chance to trade him instead of leaving them for nothing next year

Yes, I blame HIM.

The only thing he did was allow for us to acquire just enough return value to have a good chance at devoting ourselves to mediocrity.
Both he and the Pacers would have been better off if George would have played through his contract before deciding on his future, like a man should. But George has proven time and time again than he's not a man and that he's actually a diva. The guy averaged all of five free throw attempts per game last season. Do you realize how SOFT and LAZY that is for a guy widely considered to be a superstar player??? He basically thought that by jumping into Kobe's "magic shadow" that he wouldn't have to work as hard for his points...

And my suggestion to you is to focus on your own team's problems before your playoff drought reaches Buffalo Bills territory.

yea cos the pacers have such a great future. yall are a joke

Stop trolling the Pacers forum
Last edited by pacers33granger on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#23 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 am

Lil_Chipmunk wrote:
HurricaneDij25 wrote:
Lil_Chipmunk wrote:
he left a crappy team that was never going to be a contender can you blame him? at least he gave the pacers a chance to trade him instead of leaving them for nothing next year

Yes, I blame HIM.

The only thing he did was allow for us to acquire just enough return value to have a good chance at devoting ourselves to mediocrity.
Both he and the Pacers would have been better off if George would have played through his contract before deciding on his future, like a man should. But George has proven time and time again than he's not a man and that he's actually a diva. The guy averaged all of five free throw attempts per game last season. Do you realize how SOFT and LAZY that is for a guy widely considered to be a superstar player??? He basically thought that by jumping into Kobe's "magic shadow" that he wouldn't have to work as hard for his points...

And my suggestion to you is to focus on your own team's problems before your playoff drought reaches Buffalo Bills territory.

yea cos the pacers have such a great future. yall are a joke

Stop trolling the Pacers forum

And the bucks are one Knee injury to GA away from the worst record in the NBA. In addition the Bucks are paying luxury tax.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#24 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 am

I like Joe Young but he needs to play some place in order to develop. His 2 years of garbage time has not helped him at all. I'd like to see him play most of his games in the D-League this year and maybe play a little in the bigs at the end of the year.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#25 » by pacers33granger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I like Joe Young but he needs to play some place in order to develop. His 2 years of garbage time has not helped him at all. I'd like to see him play most of his games in the D-League this year and maybe play a little in the bigs at the end of the year.

Agreed. Which is why I wasn't a fan really of bringing both Collison and Cojo in. All we've seen from Young is chucking in garbage time and with how our season is likely to go, might as well give him a shot at backup PG duties. But between Collison, Cojo, Dipo, and Lance all seemingly sharing ball handling duties, it seems unlikely he gets much of a shot.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I like Joe Young but he needs to play some place in order to develop. His 2 years of garbage time has not helped him at all. I'd like to see him play most of his games in the D-League this year and maybe play a little in the bigs at the end of the year.

Agreed. Which is why I wasn't a fan really of bringing both Collison and Cojo in. All we've seen from Young is chucking in garbage time and with how our season is likely to go, might as well give him a shot at backup PG duties. But between Collison, Cojo, Dipo, and Lance all seemingly sharing ball handling duties, it seems unlikely he gets much of a shot.

Yeah Joe needs to spend the whole season in the D-League so we can get a look at him for more than 3-4 min in blow out games. I would have rather not sign Collison we had that guy once, he's an ok player but the good thing is he and Bodanovic both have small guarantees for 2018-19. So if Joe performs well in the minors maybe they'll offer him the back up job next year. I know he can shoot he's show that in the summer leagues.

Return to Indiana Pacers