What if? Kyrie Irving

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

What if? Kyrie Irving 

Post#1 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 am

What if Kyrie had made his demand for a trade before the PG trade was done? Could the Pacers have pulled of that deal? 1 for 1?

What would it take and or would it be possible for the Pacers to acquire Irving now? It would take Turner I'm sure, plus Sabonis or Leaf, Joseph, and GRIII, plus draft picks, could a deal be done and would you risk it?
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Re: What if? Kyrie Irving 

Post#2 » by SmashMouthRod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Irving for George would've been a good one for one trade. But I wouldn't empty the cupboard for Kyrie at this point.
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#3 » by Cresy06 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Irving and Turner would be such a nice combo...But yeah, no way we can acquire him without giving up Turner
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 pm

At least the trade and transaction board is not PG13 all the time. Now its about breaking up the cavs.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm not that high on Irving by himself. He can score buckets, but that's about all he can do. He's not a great passer, and Turner needs someone who can get him the ball if he's gonna score. I think Kyrie is going to find life much more difficult than he imagines without the gravity and attention that Lebron commands on the offensive end.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#6 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:55 am

Kyrie would have been a better haul in hindsight but we would have had to add Thad possible send Teague as well. I don't think we were getting him straight up
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#7 » by SmashMouthRod » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

Jake0890 wrote:Kyrie would have been a better haul in hindsight but we would have had to add Thad possible send Teague as well. I don't think we were getting him straight up

There is no way they couldve asked for all that. Paul is better than Kyrie straight up. If anyone should've been asking for more it should've Indy.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:17 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:Kyrie would have been a better haul in hindsight but we would have had to add Thad possible send Teague as well. I don't think we were getting him straight up

There is no way they couldve asked for all that. Paul is better than Kyrie straight up. If anyone should've been asking for more it should've Indy.

Kyrie is locked in an extra year over PG, though, so the gap in on court value is met, and maybe exceeded pretty quick there.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#9 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
SmashMouthRod wrote:

Kyrie is locked in an extra year over PG, though, so the gap in on court value is met, and maybe exceeded pretty quick there.

Yeah it comes down to the contract and the fact that PG won't commit to staying beyond this year. Kyrie is on a team friendly deal and for 2 more years. We would have been the team to add something if a trade was to be built around PG for Kyrie.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#10 » by Jstock12 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Irving might only look attractive because of how he looked on the Cavs together with LeBron. That would NOT be the player the Pacers would receive. Kyrie doesn't want to be on a contender anymore. He wants to be the man on a 35 win team and lead the league in scoring on a horrible efficiency. This is not the guy you want to pair with Turner.

Again, the fact is that LeBron makes players around him look MUCH BETTER than they would look on their own.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#11 » by pacers33granger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:09 am

There's no deal to be had for Kyrie at this point. A swap for PG would be all I would have done and at this point the only piece we have that could get it done is Turner which I would not do personally.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#12 » by Lazlo4D » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:41 pm

So the Cavs just signed Derrick Rose for their PG. So they now need assets for KI. This is a weak market & a late time for a trade with many players not eligible to be traded until December. Never know if the Cavs get a little desperate.

Would you, as the Pacers, be willing to offer for Kyrie Irving:

Thad Young
Glen Robinson
2018 Unprotected 1st Rounder
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#13 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:So the Cavs just signed Derrick Rose for their PG. So they now need assets for KI. This is a weak market & a late time for a trade with many players not eligible to be traded until December. Never know if the Cavs get a little desperate.

Thad Young
Glen Robinson

I think both sides say no to this. Cleveland can just tell Kyrie tough crap and to play it out. For us I don't mind the Young, GR3 movement obviously. I would want a little protection on the pick. I don't know if Kyrie would be interested in resigning here so giving up that pick for a 2 year rental could cost us in the long run. As I am typing this I'm talking myself into it. No way Cleveland bites though.
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#14 » by tocooks101 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:So the Cavs just signed Derrick Rose for their PG. So they now need assets for KI. This is a weak market & a late time for a trade with many players not eligible to be traded until December. Never know if the Cavs get a little desperate.

Thad Young
Glen Robinson

I would do this deal in a heartbeat, doubt the Cavs consider it though.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#15 » by Lazlo4D » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:34 pm

Well I will put a little more sugar on it then. It's a gamble but since the "Pacers never try to tank", I'd risk it...

Pacers offer for Kyrie Irving:
Thad Young
Glen Robinson
2019 Cleveland has right to swap with Pacers (Protected top 3)

Before you freak out over the picks. I think with Kyrie the next two seasons, the Pacers would be in at least the middle of the EC. AND in 2019, if Lebron leaves Cleveland, their pick likely would be worse than the Pacers, so no swap.

It does allow the Cav's to tell their fans they may get 2 lottery picks out of the deal and they might. But they may also just the # 16 pick in 2018 and nothing more.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#16 » by Wizop » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:Before you freak out over the picks. I think with Kyrie the next two seasons, the Pacers would be in at least the middle of the EC. AND in 2019, if Lebron leaves Cleveland, their pick likely would be worse than the Pacers, so no swap.

we may not be tanking but we're re-something. no way I deal first round picks.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#17 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:12 pm

Wizop wrote:
Lazlo4D wrote:Before you freak out over the picks. I think with Kyrie the next two seasons, the Pacers would be in at least the middle of the EC. AND in 2019, if Lebron leaves Cleveland, their pick likely would be worse than the Pacers, so no swap.

we may not be tanking but we're re-something. no way I deal first round picks.

However if we added Kyrie I'm not sure we're re-something. He basically takes the place of PG from where we were last year.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#18 » by Wizop » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:However if we added Kyrie I'm not sure we're re-something. He basically takes the place of PG from where we were last year.

I hope though that we're wanting to get better eventually than we were last year so I'd still re-something. Kyrie is only 25 though which does make him an interesting target if Cleveland is over a barrel.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#19 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:However if we added Kyrie I'm not sure we're re-something. He basically takes the place of PG from where we were last year.

I hope though that we're wanting to get better eventually than we were last year so I'd still re-something. Kyrie is only 25 though which does make him an interesting target if Cleveland is over a barrel.

Oh yes I absolutely agree. My point was if we had him then it's not going to be a top 10 pick in all likely hood. And you aren't giving up a 1st for an aging guy like Scola. If you could get him and convince him to stay it would be well worth the pick.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#20 » by Miller4ever » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:23 am

I think we offer Oladipo and Sabonis. Does that work?

Return to Indiana Pacers