I hope Mr. George gets booed on Dec. 13 when the Thunder come to town

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 276

I hope Mr. George gets booed on Dec. 13 when the Thunder come to town 

Post#1 » by HurricaneDij25 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Less than three months to go until this game, and unfortunately, I won't be able to make the game due to my final exam in medical terminology that week. I'll likely be going to the Mavs game on the 27th of that month instead.

I just hope there aren't too many Pacers fans that are inclined to give him a warm welcome for "service time" purposes. The bottom line is he wanted out while he was still under contract. Say what you want about him being committed to the Pacers in 2017-18 if not traded, but he would not have made that whole coup through his agent if he didn't truly want out.

For me personally, PC13 was not my favorite player during his time here, nor was he my most despised. It was simply a matter of appreciating his game as the most talented guy on a 2013 team that nearly upset the cHeat.

Whenever a borderline top 15 player switches teams, the national media always seems to blow it up as if that said team had just lost LeBron James (see Sacramento and DeMarcus Cousins), and we all know that wasn't close to being the case here. The fact is he didn't accomplish a great deal while he was here, and does not deserve any sort of warm ovation. He spent all of seven seasons here, three of which were All-Star caliber and another one was completely lost due to injury.

Throw in the fact that Jeff freakin' Teague averaged more FT attempts per game than he last season, and it's a sign that his effort level wasn't where it needed to be during his final season here.

All Hoosiers attending this game need to take this opportunity to stand up for themselves and for their pro basketball team, in my personal opinion.
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Re: I hope Mr. George gets booed on Dec. 13 when the Thunder come to town 

Post#2 » by tocooks101 » Wed Oct 4, 2017 5:56 pm

I will be at the game and I will be cheering him, which im sure the majority of fans will be doing. He did a ton for this franchise while he was here.

If you pay money to go see the game you have every right to voice your opinion, however hoping for a negative reaction is really kind of sad IMO.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Fri Oct 6, 2017 5:29 am

There were a number of things Paul did while he was here that irked me, and there were a number of things our organization did that I don't think put him in an optimal position to succeed. There is some blame to go all around for how things ended. We could make a list of them again and again, and I have done it some as well. At some point though, looking at how the last few years went, it's probably best to recognize that it was a relationship that just wasn't working anymore. I feel better now knowing we have a couple young players who seem to like being here who are under contract for a awhile. I wouldn't want to go back and give that up for one year of Paul George and nothing in return. That's what Utah got.

I know there is always some amount of animosity when star players change location, but I would much rather be excited about what's ahead than stuck wishing the past had gone differently.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 276

Post#4 » by HurricaneDij25 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:50 pm

Looking forward to getting this game over with...

It may seem like a moot point now the the Pacers' future is arguably brighter without George than it was with him, but I had previously grown tired of people on this board second guessing what the Pacers had done wrong to make George unhappy.

The bottom line is that the Pacers didn't do anything wrong. The guy simply wanted to live in Kobe's shadow. Remember at around last Christmas in Chicago when he blamed his Pacers uniform for not getting calls??? You can't honestly tell me that it never crossed his mind that living in Kobe's shadow would somehow help him get more star treatment from the officials...
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#5 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:09 pm

boomershadow wrote:There were a number of things Paul did while he was here that irked me, and there were a number of things our organization did that I don't think put him in an optimal position to succeed. There is some blame to go all around for how things ended. We could make a list of them again and again, and I have done it some as well. At some point though, looking at how the last few years went, it's probably best to recognize that it was a relationship that just wasn't working anymore. I feel better now knowing we have a couple young players who seem to like being here who are under contract for a awhile. I wouldn't want to go back and give that up for one year of Paul George and nothing in return. That's what Utah got.

I know there is always some amount of animosity when star players change location, but I would much rather be excited about what's ahead than stuck wishing the past had gone differently.

My biggest regret is that we did not trade Paul George sooner. I had been saying for over a year we needed to trade him before it came to this. You are right in that both parties were to blame, however the reason I wouldn't mind seeing the fans boo him - he was actively telling teams not to trade anything of value for him. We got lucky that OKC was in a position where they had to take a chance, but even that was looked at as horrible value before Dipo/Sabonis showed they greatly improved over the off-season. He has also taken a few shots at the Pacers since leaving Indiana as well.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#6 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:10 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:\.

The bottom line is that the Pacers didn't do anything wrong. The guy simply wanted to live in Kobe's shadow. Remember at around last Christmas in Chicago when he blamed his Pacers uniform for not getting calls??? You can't honestly tell me that it never crossed his mind that living in Kobe's shadow would somehow help him get more star treatment from the officials...

What?

The Pacers did a lot wrong.

However, Paul George was going to leave regardless.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#7 » by Jstock12 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:41 pm

If you really don't like PG, then just ignore him. Don't boo. You're just giving him attention ;) That being said, George is an adult and he can do whatever he wants. Fans are selfish.
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 198

Post#8 » by BooomBaby » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:01 pm

Jstock12 wrote:If you really don't like PG, then just ignore him. Don't boo. You're just giving him attention ;).

Exactly how I feel.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 am

Jstock12 wrote:If you really don't like PG, then just ignore him. Don't boo. You're just giving him attention ;) That being said, George is an adult and he can do whatever he wants. Fans are selfish.

Boos will help him grow as a person :)
pizza guy
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#10 » by pizza guy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

I would love to see him get the silent treatment. Don't give him the satisfaction of being booed. Treat him with the same un-caring disinterest he showed in his last season here.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#11 » by Vorda » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:35 am

Fans should ask him to come back... he is the only superstar available next summer... and with him we will be contender immediately...

It become weird situation... unwanted team for PG unexpected become the ideal team for him... in OKC things obviously dont work... he wont contend there... Lakers with this team will never be contender... but, with Pacers if LBJ leave Cavs he will be contender on east very soon.... crazy situation...
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#12 » by Pacersike » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

He looks like a lost puppy now when talking to the media after yet another loss.

Almost starting to feel sorry for him :P

Return to Indiana Pacers