Re: Total wins prediction 

Post#61 » by cold_cowboy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 am

42 from an unbiased party.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#62 » by Yunsen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 am

cold_cowboy wrote:42 from an unbiased party.

I saw your original guess.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#63 » by Wizop » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:48 pm

did you increase your prediction by 1 after we won a road game we were expected to lose last night? more?

my prediction was 1 more than the next highest prediction. Guess I'm up to 43. ;)
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#64 » by Grang33r » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:01 pm

It's only 4 games in but I'm starting to realize my prediction was too low. Still don't think they're a playoff team but also think they'll win much more then I originally posted in here.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#65 » by verysalt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:14 pm

I'll be conservative, i'll give 20-max 30 wins. This team is great to watch and I love em', but also the team is very young and don't expect then to keep the same numbers once they will get exhausted.
What I really like though, that coach clearly favors great team based basketball fundamentals over someone's personal show time. That's a great rebuilding culture and it will bring fruits in few years time. There is a good example from yesterday's play when Sabonis tried to do something fancy in post. Even he didn't cause TO, but he was immediately benched for attempting to create chaotic situation.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#66 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 am

Still hovering around 0.500, let's go Pacers :)
Wizop
RealGM

Post#67 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:53 pm

we are at 500 but this year that's only good for 10th in the east. to play 500 and still have a lottery pick could be the perfect result.

Sent from my SM-G935P using RealGM mobile app
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#68 » by Jermainevent » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 pm

As long as they are playing hard, entertaining basketball, I'm all in on this team. Admittedly, I was a proponent of getting the worst possible record we could muster, but that was partially driven by the fact that I didn't think we had a very talented team and we would mostly be getting sacked by a majority our opponents. Well, our offseason pickups have far exceeded my expectations. This team looks like a .500 team, but adding GRIII could be worth a couple more wins.

Don't look now, but the Thunder are just 7 & 8. Just saying...
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#69 » by Jstock12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Between 36-40 wins, probably. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they finised .500 or better. However, it would really surprise me if they finished at ~32 or below.
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#70 » by verysalt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Between 36-40 wins, probably. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they finised .500 or better. However, it would really surprise me if they finished at ~32 or below.

Kinda I also start to believe in this. Though we don't have a clear leader whom we would build around. Myles doesn't look the one you would like to trust your team to. Even when he hits his ISOs his play still makes the team to look still.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#71 » by Jstock12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:29 pm

verysalt wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:Between 36-40 wins, probably. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they finised .500 or better. However, it would really surprise me if they finished at ~32 or below.

Kinda I also start to believe in this. Though we don't have a clear leader whom we would build around. Myles doesn't look the one you would like to trust your team to. Even when he hits his ISOs his play still makes the team to look still.

I think the on-court leader is Oladipo, and it seems he welcomes that leadership role. From what I can make out, Myles is a great leader off the court.

Myles hasn't been in a great shape this season though (aside from the very first game). When he's firing on all cylinders, he's hard to stop. Pacers are so far a .500 team with their best talent under-performing. So there's definitely room for improvement for this squad, and their ceiling even for this season could be well over 40 wins.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#72 » by Pacersike » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 am

Anybody else afraid we will be too good too soon again?
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#73 » by Vorda » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 am

We will definitely never be a champions... if we continue like this we will not make PO, and we would have 10-15 pick which doesnt give us chances to get a superstar player... in free agency we aren't capable to take superstar either... so this is what we do.. mediocrity forever...

So, the only thing what we can do is to try to bring the best available player in free agency... there are only few options next year so we would have to be quick... we could take W. Matthews if he will not be injured to improve our shooting... than A. Bradley will be good signing as shooter and defender... T. Evans looks good as a back up SG/SF... Ellington showed his shooting ability tonight... Jeremi Grant as a back up... Hezonja as a back up... Okafor as a back up... Favours if Thad opt out... and of course... I would ask PG if he want to come back... this team has a lot more potencial then his team with Teague, Stuckey, Monta and Big Al... with him we will be contenders immediately...
Wizop
RealGM

Post#74 » by Wizop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Vorda wrote:if we continue like this we will not make PO, and we would have 10-15 pick which doesnt give us chances to get a superstar player

Myles Turner 11
Paul George 10
Danny Granger 17
Reggie Miller 11
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#75 » by tocooks101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Vorda wrote:We will definitely never be a champions... if we continue like this we will not make PO, and we would have 10-15 pick which doesnt give us chances to get a superstar player... in free agency we aren't capable to take superstar either... so this is what we do.. mediocrity forever...

Definitely never be champions? Mediocrity forever? We were just in the ECF like 3 years ago, calm down.

I think this team can win 48 games, baring injuries.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#76 » by Jstock12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Vorda wrote:We will definitely never be a champions... if we continue like this we will not make PO, and we would have 10-15 pick which doesnt give us chances to get a superstar player... in free agency we aren't capable to take superstar either... so this is what we do.. mediocrity forever...

So, the only thing what we can do is to try to bring the best available player in free agency... there are only few options next year so we would have to be quick... we could take W. Matthews if he will not be injured to improve our shooting... than A. Bradley will be good signing as shooter and defender... T. Evans looks good as a back up SG/SF... Ellington showed his shooting ability tonight... Jeremi Grant as a back up... Hezonja as a back up... Okafor as a back up... Favours if Thad opt out... and of course... I would ask PG if he want to come back... this team has a lot more potencial then his team with Teague, Stuckey, Monta and Big Al... with him we will be contenders immediately...

PG? No thanks. He would NOT make this team a contender. In fact, I'd say there's a possibility he might make this team worse. He's a talented individual player, but his prima donna bull would affect the whole team. Oladipo is vastly outperforming him this season too.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#77 » by Miller4ever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 am

"We'll be stuck at 7-9th seed and never contend again"
-Pacer fans in 1993, 2002, 2011, and 2017
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#78 » by Miller4ever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 am

Jstock12 wrote:PG? No thanks. He would NOT make this team a contender. In fact, I'd say there's a possibility he might make this team worse. He's a talented individual player, but his prima donna bull would affect the whole team. Oladipo is vastly outperforming him this season too.

I know a lot of us are still salty, but he is a plus player and would totally make this team better. And Oladipo is about even with PG this season.

That being said, if we hold steady at .500 this season we are one David West-type signing and one young prospect developing from contention.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#79 » by Jstock12 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 am

Miller4ever wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:PG? No thanks. He would NOT make this team a contender. In fact, I'd say there's a possibility he might make this team worse. He's a talented individual player, but his prima donna bull would affect the whole team. Oladipo is vastly outperforming him this season too.

I know a lot of us are still salty, but he is a plus player and would totally make this team better. And Oladipo is about even with PG this season.

That being said, if we hold steady at .500 this season we are one David West-type signing and one young prospect developing from contention.

On paper, he could make this team better. In practice, he'd ruin this team's chemistry.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#80 » by Pacersike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 am

PG returning basically means that he is coming in with a more positive attitude, so I doubt he would ruin anything.

In fact, I think he would love to assist Oladipo and Turner in their hunt for hitting clutch shots. Paul knows Paul couldn't do it.

Either way, PG is one of our best chances to be contending again :lol:
David West was more like an accident free agent signing. I would be very surprised if we could pull it off again and I will remain silent if we can sign someone better than him.

Return to Indiana Pacers