NBA draft & NCAA basketball

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#41 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Wizop wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:Anybody paying attention to Trevon Duval out of Duke?

Dude passes the eye test imo. I think he'll end up playing his way out of our drafting range but I think the kid's gonna be good. He's playing real well next to Grayson Allen rn, pairing him with Vic would be interesting.
on my list although I think he and Sexton and the 2 Bridges have been climbing while our pick is falling. KY players may be in reach and the Miami guards and one from Oregon. my sleeper is Brunson who could go much lower.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
I'm watching Butler v Purdue. Haas isn't in any mocks I've seen. 7'2" and big. if he's really not being drafted, he could be a great 2 way option. Ike has potential but is he an Adams answer?

Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#42 » by Jake0890 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Wizop wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:Anybody paying attention to Trevon Duval out of Duke?

Dude passes the eye test imo. I think he'll end up playing his way out of our drafting range but I think the kid's gonna be good. He's playing real well next to Grayson Allen rn, pairing him with Vic would be interesting.
on my list although I think he and Sexton and the 2 Bridges have been climbing while our pick is falling. KY players may be in reach and the Miami guards and one from Oregon. my sleeper is Brunson who could go much lower.

I'm watching Butler v Purdue. Haas isn't in any mocks I've seen. 7'2" and big. if he's really not being drafted, he could be a great 2 way option. Ike has potential but is he an Adams answer?

I’m at the game at BLF right now!

Haas has elite size but dude cannot stop making silly fouls and getting pulled early into stints on the floor. Definitely think he’s a draftable player.

Vince Edwards is legit too. I think he’s got the talent and size to play wing professionally.

Also, this Butler performance might be the worst I’ve seen them play in a long long time. Not impressed by Butler at all this year. Looking forward to the ND IU game next.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#43 » by Grang33r » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 am

What about Juwan Morgan from IU? As a second round project. Kid plays like a warrior and seems to be ultra competitive. Has some flaws but for a second round pick, send him to the G-League and develop him. Saturday's game wasn't the first time i was wow'd by him.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#44 » by Grang33r » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 am

My top 5 realistic Pacers potential players so far that i have liked most:

1. Trae Young. Not sure he should even be listed anymore but everywhere i've looked he's still floating around 12-15 so i still have him. Young & Oladipo would be potentially a insane backcourt.

2.Trevon Duval. Like someone said, passes the eye test. He just needs to learn to shoot. But I think he is a good enough defender and if the Pacers bring back DC they can get by with Duval being a backup for a bit while he develops more.

3. Hamidou Diallo. I'm torn on this one. Because we have Oladipo but i think this guy is gonna be a super star. Can be a defensive stopper. Super athlete. Insane wingspan. I'm a big believer in BPA in drafts unless it's a close call and you go for need over want. Draft him and figure it out later.

4. Kris Wilkes. May not be a star but does all the little things well. Good shooter, good defender, good ball handler, good passer. Pacers loved UCLA last year, maybe they go back for yet another guy? haha

5. Wendell Carter Jr. I think he has star potential but is raw and would need some work. Pacers do a great job developing and have a young enough team that they can afford to go slow with a guy who has top 10 potential.
Wizop
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#45 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:42 am

Grang33r wrote:My top 5 realistic Pacers potential players so far that i have liked most:

1. Trae Young. Not sure he should even be listed anymore but everywhere i've looked he's still floating around 12-15 so i still have him. Young & Oladipo would be potentially a insane backcourt.

2.Trevon Duval. Like someone said, passes the eye test. He just needs to learn to shoot. But I think he is a good enough defender and if the Pacers bring back DC they can get by with Duval being a backup for a bit while he develops more.

3. Hamidou Diallo. I'm torn on this one. Because we have Oladipo but i think this guy is gonna be a super star. Can be a defensive stopper. Super athlete. Insane wingspan. I'm a big believer in BPA in drafts unless it's a close call and you go for need over want. Draft him and figure it out later.

4. Kris Wilkes. May not be a star but does all the little things well. Good shooter, good defender, good ball handler, good passer. Pacers loved UCLA last year, maybe they go back for yet another guy? haha

5. Wendell Carter Jr. I think he has star potential but is raw and would need some work. Pacers do a great job developing and have a young enough team that they can afford to go slow with a guy who has top 10 potential.
if I understand correctly, unless we're in the bottom 14, we keep our 2nd round pick. I have been thinking we only had a first but now it looks like we'll have a 2nd. I'd take Brunson or Haas over Morgan who I think lacks speed at 3 and size at 4.

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#46 » by Jake0890 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:54 am

I also do not see Juwan Morgan as having a legitimate chance at the NBA. Love the kid and his hustle, but he has neither the size, speed, or pure scoring ability to play as a tweener in the NBA.

Trae Young is legit. He'll end up being top 10 pick, don't think we'll have the chance to grab him.

Duval is my guy, but I'd settle for Brunson. Or Joel Berry - I think he's being seriously overlooked, but I guess being a senior will do that to you.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#47 » by Grang33r » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:31 am

What do you guys think about Wilkes? I noticed he wore 31 in HS and now wears 13. Is he wearing those #s to honor Reggie?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#48 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Grang33r wrote:What do you guys think about Wilkes? I noticed he wore 31 in HS and now wears 13. Is he wearing those #s to honor Reggie?

Wilkes and Bluett are local kids with possibilities. don't know how influential Donnie Walsh is these days but he didn't like drafting local kids because he thought there was too much added pressure to succeed with your home town team. maybe George Hill killed that issue but it started with Rick Mount.

another sleeper might be Vanderbilt. he has been hurt at UK and that has put the spot light on Knox.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#49 » by Grang33r » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#50 » by Grang33r » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Also, a good game if you're looking for an appetizer ahead of the Pacers/Nets tonight is Kentucky hosting UCLA at 4pm on CBS. Goes without saying, but some real good NBA prospects on both sides in that game.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#51 » by Wizop » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:08 am

Grang33r wrote:Also, a good game if you're looking for an appetizer ahead of the Pacers/Nets tonight is Kentucky hosting UCLA at 4pm on CBS. Goes without saying, but some real good NBA prospects on both sides in that game.
wasn't on in Indy. colts game was on that local channel. anyone look good but not lottery?

Sent from my phone.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#52 » by Grang33r » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:36 am

Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:Also, a good game if you're looking for an appetizer ahead of the Pacers/Nets tonight is Kentucky hosting UCLA at 4pm on CBS. Goes without saying, but some real good NBA prospects on both sides in that game.
wasn't on in Indy. colts game was on that local channel. anyone look good but not lottery?

Sent from my phone.

Oh thats right, sorry. I'm just outside of Buffalo and couldve really used a Colts win today! :D

Anyhow, the UCLA and Kentucky game was awesome. I root for IU in NCAAB but i really have no horse in any of these games besides watching potential NBA talent. For UCLA Holiday was outstanding, some late buckets. Finished with 20pt, 8ast. Best player was Wilkes though. I've mentioned him here many times so i do have a man crush on him but even the announcers were praising his game and his smooth shooting. He finished with 20pts, 5reb and 7-15 shooting.

For Kentucky, Diallo was the best player i thought. Love the way he drives in. He's a baller. Reminds me a lot of Vic. Knox played well, but missed quite a bit late and Richards started like a beast. He was a one man wrecking crew early on but died off by the second half. 7pts, 6reb and 1 block.

Also, correction on my original post, the game was a in New Orleans, not hosted by Kentucky.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#53 » by Wizop » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 pm

mocks have Diallo in our area and Knox going higher. Vanderbilt also in our area if his health doesn't sink his one and done. Wilkes is interesting idea. watched a few minutes of Miami but not enough to have opinion on their guards.

colts game had perfect result. in it all the way and lost. #Suq4Saq

Sent from my phone.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#54 » by Grang33r » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Thon Makar's younger brother is drawing a lot of interest in Canada. Pacers had director of player personnel Ryan Carr & pro scout Vance Catlin at his last game.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/11/matur-maker-nba-draft-2018-g-league-showcase-thon-maker-bucks
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#55 » by Jake0890 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Trae Young is FILTHY. Wherever he lands is gonna be real lucky.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#56 » by Grang33r » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 am

Yeah hes becoming incredible.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#57 » by Grang33r » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 am

Nice win today by IU. The Big 10 isn't that strong this year, and many games are unpredictable, i think Archie Miller can make a solid run with this squad to making the tournament. They dominated Northwestern this afternoon.

What do you guys think?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#58 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Grang33r wrote:Nice win today by IU. ... What do you guys think?

I've been impressed with the improvement of the team so far. That shows coaching. The freshmen have disappointed except for Durham and Smith does have potential. I expected more from Creen's last recruits. Robert Johnson is also disappointing as was Davis. Morgan is carrying them.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#59 » by Wizop » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 am

Vanderbilt playing first game of season for Kentucky tonight. looks good. BPA from ky works for me.

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#60 » by Jake0890 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 am

Robert Johnson might be one of the most disappointing college basketball players I can think of. I can't see this dude getting drafted anymore.

I don't see a lot of future building pieces for IU on the roster. Juwan Morgan is great sure, but De'Ron Davis regressed and Josh Newkirk is the worst player in major conference college basketball.

Return to Indiana Pacers