Game Thread 11/8: Pacers vs. Pistons

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Re: Game Thread 11/8: Pacers vs. Pistons 

Post#21 » by Jermainevent » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:22 am

RIP rim, Andre Drummond just destroyed it...
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#22 » by Pacersike » Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:59 am

This team has such great chemistry, our best players have decided they should have their struggle games together and not separately :)

Watch out league when Vic and Myli start producing again, together 8-)
AussiePacer
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#23 » by AussiePacer » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:56 am

Haven't watched the game yet but disappointing to crash back to earth with a string of losses.

Hope to see Sabonis back soon, no surprise we've suffered because of his absence, and hopefully we can regain our ball movement and ability to knock down the open 3's it was creating.

Was our speed noticeably down today?
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#24 » by Vorda » Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:06 am

Are we again on the tank train?
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#25 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:58 pm

Vorda wrote:Are we again on the tank train?

I know how much you want us to be. Just not going to happen as long as Herb Simon owns the team. Not gonna happen.
Vorda
Senior

Post#26 » by Vorda » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:10 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:

I know how much you want us to be. Just not going to happen as long as Herb Simon owns the team. Not gonna happen.

Obviously it's happening... we will probably beat Bulls at saturday, but then we play against Rockets, Grizzlies, Pistons, Heat... soon we will have 6-11 score and we will be at the bottom of the table... and TOP 5-10 pick is guaranteed...
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#27 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:20 pm

Vorda wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Obviously it's happening... we will probably beat Bulls at saturday, but then we play against Rockets, Grizzlies, Pistons, Heat... soon we will have 6-11 score and we will be at the bottom of the table... and TOP 5-10 pick is guaranteed...

Ok I agree with what you are saying. To me tanking is the 76ers of yesteryear... sit Myles and Dipo trade off assets etc. That is the type of tanking I know will not go on here. You're just talking about us being bad... not tanking.
Major Cold
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#28 » by Major Cold » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:00 pm

If we are a .500 club in November then we have a chance to go on a run with an easy December schedule. It is way too early to phone it in. Minor adjustments need to be made that can stave off recent teams. We don't have those options with injuries and an inexperienced squad. I think things will come together, and fall off. Our team needs to get wise in the flow of the game and that takes time.
Vorda
Senior

Post#29 » by Vorda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Vorda wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Ok I agree with what you are saying. To me tanking is the 76ers of yesteryear... sit Myles and Dipo trade off assets etc. That is the type of tanking I know will not go on here. You're just talking about us being bad... not tanking.

If you wanna tanking you have to be bad... some team needs to bench the best players... we dont... we are just bad... we have one of the worst PG in league, undersized SG, the best shooter is bad defender, undersized PF and limited centre who thinks that he is awesome shooter... and of course... the worst coach in league... so when you put that togheter you get one of the worst team in leage without future... we need superstar, and we could have it only through the lottery...
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#30 » by Joel Embust » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:32 am

The Pacers are not tanking, what a ridiculous claim.
Vorda
Senior

Post#31 » by Vorda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:The Pacers are not tanking, what a ridiculous claim.

Of course they dont... they just can't win... they are tanking against their will... :D
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#32 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Vorda wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Vorda wrote:

If you wanna tanking you have to be bad... some team needs to bench the best players... we dont... we are just bad... we have one of the worst PG in league, undersized SG, the best shooter is bad defender, undersized PF and limited centre who thinks that he is awesome shooter... and of course... the worst coach in league... so when you put that togheter you get one of the worst team in leage without future... we need superstar, and we could have it only through the lottery...

Or Anthony Bennett or Kwame Brown. Not a guarantee.
Vorda
Senior

Post#33 » by Vorda » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Vorda wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Or Anthony Bennett or Kwame Brown. Not a guarantee.

Most of top 10 lottery picks become good players so I would take a chance

Return to Indiana Pacers