Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,277

Re: Lebron James....Fantasyland? 

Post#21 » by boomershadow » Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:03 am

HurricaneDij25 wrote:
boomershadow wrote:So I posted this on the General Board a bit ago.

Hey man, think you could copy and paste a link to this one for me? Given our recent struggles, it's good to dream, isn't it?

I took a quick glance through a few threads but didn't immediately see it. I don't remember the exact topic, and with the search down...but I didn't expect it to get much traction, but I think it is kind of a cool thought given our roster make up. I've seen his name mentioned with teams like Philly and Milwaukee, who already have guys that fulfill the role Lebron does. And the Cavs have a built in ceiling because with IT in and Love at center, their defense just can't be that good. Even *if* the Cavs outdo the Warriors/Rockets on the offensive end, it will almost certainly not be by enough to make up for that defense. Just not gonna happen imo.

The two main guys here play both ends. Oladipo would make a great 2nd option on offense without being the defensive liability that IT and Kyrie are. Turner is the extremely rare rim protector and shooter combo. Lebron's teams generally give up rim protection because Lebron needs the center out of the way between him and the basket to make use of his full abilities with the ball in his hands.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Post#22 » by HurricaneDij25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

boomershadow wrote:
HurricaneDij25 wrote:
boomershadow wrote:So I posted this on the General Board a bit ago.

Hey man, think you could copy and paste a link to this one for me? Given our recent struggles, it's good to dream, isn't it?

I took a quick glance through a few threads but didn't immediately see it. I don't remember the exact topic, and with the search down...but I didn't expect it to get much traction, but I think it is kind of a cool thought given our roster make up. I've seen his name mentioned with teams like Philly and Milwaukee, who already have guys that fulfill the role Lebron does. And the Cavs have a built in ceiling because with IT in and Love at center, their defense just can't be that good. Even *if* the Cavs outdo the Warriors/Rockets on the offensive end, it will almost certainly not be by enough to make up for that defense. Just not gonna happen imo.

The two main guys here play both ends. Oladipo would make a great 2nd option on offense without being the defensive liability that IT and Kyrie are. Turner is the extremely rare rim protector and shooter combo. Lebron's teams generally give up rim protection because Lebron needs the center out of the way between him and the basket to make use of his full abilities with the ball in his hands.

I don't see how the Bucks could be any sort of possibility considering they don't have any plausible cap space to speak of and that his skill set doesn't compliment Giannis at all.
AussiePacer
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#23 » by AussiePacer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am

Want to enhance your legacy to all-time, come and win a ring with the Pacers Lebron!

Return to Indiana Pacers