15 games left...

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Re: 15 games left... 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Jake0890 wrote:I’m gonna be at the Toronto game tomorrow, excited. Last game I went to was the Rozier game winning dunk so hopefully this one goes a little better.

we're going too. we were also at that Boston game and the Utah game. as we left, my girlfriend wondered if she were the jinx.

no pizza tomorrow though as it's just the two of us not the usual four. we're planning on China King around 6:00.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#22 » by Jake0890 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Last time we went, we got Bazbeaux's. Wasn't as good as I remembered it, to be honest. Never been to Pearl St.
Wizop
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 15 games left... 

Post#23 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Jake0890 wrote:Last time we went, we got Bazbeaux's. Wasn't as good as I remembered it, to be honest. Never been to Pearl St.
pearl street doesn't have exotic toppings like Bazbeaux but it's quality pizza and the draft beer selection is lengthy. also close to Fieldhouse. does fill up on game nights.

Sent from my phone.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#24 » by Wizop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 am

Magic beat Bucks and Celts up on Wiz

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#25 » by Jake0890 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:05 am

Wiz look baaad. not too worried about them come playoff time, unless JWall is able to come in and turn that team entirely around.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#26 » by Wizop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 am

overtime in Boston. make it double. looks like Washington win. oh, well. maybe we can catch Boston.
edit
may have posted too soon. Boston hits a 3. nope Boston misses winning free throw in first ot and final shot in 2nd ot.

Sent from my phone.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#27 » by boomershadow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Warriors not looking too healthy, and we'll see them play the Pacers twice .
Wizop
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 15 games left... 

Post#28 » by Wizop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:48 pm

boomershadow wrote:Warriors not looking too healthy, and we'll see them play the Pacers twice .
they could be looking at our injuries and feeling good.

Detroit number now 4 with Charlotte 3.

Edit: win over Lakers dropped Detroit to 3 and coupled with Charlotte loss dropped them to 1.

(somehow my phone managed to duplicate this post and I couldn't delete the extra one from my phone but I fixed it this morning from my computer)
Wizop
RealGM

Post#29 » by Wizop » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm

boomershadow wrote:[a short rotation is] kind of what we've been doing this year. Booker is taking Sabonis's spot for now, but it's coming into a tough stretch of schedule and Nate is falling back on what has been working out for him so far.

[I moved the quote from the Laker game thread]

perhaps it comes down to the question of whether we have a realistic shot at 3rd or 4th. home court advantage is worth fighting for. if that ceases to be realistic though, I don't really care whether we're 5th or 6th and I feel good about staying ahead of the Bucks and Heat. maybe that's wrong though and we should be trying to avoid the Cavs but who knows where they are going to finish.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#30 » by boomershadow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Wizop wrote:
boomershadow wrote:[a short rotation is] kind of what we've been doing this year. Booker is taking Sabonis's spot for now, but it's coming into a tough stretch of schedule and Nate is falling back on what has been working out for him so far.

[I moved the quote from the Laker game thread]

perhaps it comes down to the question of whether we have a realistic shot at 3rd or 4th. home court advantage is worth fighting for. if that ceases to be realistic though, I don't really care whether we're 5th or 6th and I feel good about staying ahead of the Bucks and Heat. maybe that's wrong though and we should be trying to avoid the Cavs but who knows where they are going to finish.

It's a bummer not to see more of GR3 and Leaf, but I think our rotation going into the playoffs is going to be 9 deep even without them. And that's not too shabby. We may even still see spot minutes for Big Al at times if foul trouble comes into play. I really wish we could see more of Leaf and GR3, but if home court advantage is at stake then I see why the somewhat conservative McMillan would choose to forego that option. Especially since GR3 being out all season, he isn't really "in rhythm" with the other guys and used to playing at game speed. Sucks, but I think that's the reasoning behind it.

On the radio today they were trying to rank four East teams that are bunched up together. I would go with 1. Cavs 2. Pacers 3. Wizards 4. 76ers. That's how i predict it ends up, and how the standings look at the moment as I type this, but there's only 1.5 games between these four teams so anything could plausibly happen. I wouldn't want to see the Cavs in the first round, and this late push is probably an effort to avoid that.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wizop » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:03 pm

boomershadow wrote:On the radio today they were trying to rank four East teams that are bunched up together. I would go with 1. Cavs 2. Pacers 3. Wizards 4. 76ers. That's how i predict it ends up.

there is a thread on the General Board discussing the playoff races. It has charts showing the remaining games and projections. for the East the projected order is Toronto, Boston, Philly, Cleveland, Washington, Pacers, Miami, Milwaukee based upon the schedule difficulties. personally, if we can't be 3rd, I'd be quite happy to be 6th with Philly 3rd.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html
Wizop
RealGM

Post#32 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:35 am

numbers now 2 and 1 for 8th. I'd rather bypass Cavs and play Philly in a 3,6 or even Boston in a 2,7.

Sent from my phone.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 276

Post#33 » by HurricaneDij25 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 am

I actually see Cleveland running the table now the rest of the regular season now that Kevin Love is back...Wouldn't mind seeing them again in the first round as a good measuring stick for us heading into the summer.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#34 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Hi everyone! I have a new(ish) YouTube channel and talked a bit about your team on my latest video. Check it out and give me some feedback ;)

I moved this discussion from the draft thread. if you want to see his video, look there.

he has Philly wanting to be 4th or 5th to avoid the top three and thinks they can beat anyone else. I think most Pacer fans are hoping for a first round Philly series. I certainly am. I think that would be our best chance of getting to the 2nd round., however, we're going to need a healthy Sabonis soon if we are going to have any chance of climbing back into the race for 3rd to 5th.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,717

Post#35 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:44 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:I actually see Cleveland running the table now the rest of the regular season now that Kevin Love is back...Wouldn't mind seeing them again in the first round as a good measuring stick for us heading into the summer.

:noway:
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#36 » by Vorda » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 am

Finnaly, we have some luck... Warriors will play against us without Curry and Durant... maybe Clay will not be ready... we have to take that chance and grab an unexpected win... we have hard away schedule and every win is precious...
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#37 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:18 am

The GSW are beat up Curry is out 3 weeks with a sprained MCL and we're playing them there March 27 and back here April 5th. Looks like we might not have to worry about Steph. Question is will Klay and Durant be back. Klay has killed the Pacers badly the last few times we've played.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#38 » by Vorda » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 am

Tonight is important game... if we win we would make huge step for PO spot...
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Nine Games left... 

Post#39 » by Jermainevent » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

with a very interesting schedule remaining. We got the Warriors twice, who are reeling from injuries. We also have the Hornets twice to end the year, who are more than likely out of the playoff picture by that point, or least we can hope. We travel to Toronto during the last week of the season, who will likely have the number 1 overall seed tied up in the East. However, they still could end up with a better overall record than the Warriors which could be critical since they are still most likely to reach the finals over the Rockets. Homecourt in the finals is still up for grabs for both the Warriors and Raptors, just something to factor in. Both the Nuggets and Clippers are still in the postseason race. Outside of Sacramento, everyone else has something to play for.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Wizop
RealGM

Post#40 » by Wizop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Bucks beat Spurs. oh, well. think the number for Heat is 4. not sure if Bucks is 5 or 6.

Knicks beat Washington making that number 7. Wiz could drop to 7 or 8. projections copied to general board now have us 5 and wiz 6.

Sent from my phone.

Return to Indiana Pacers