15 games left...

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,103

Re: 15 games left... 

Post#41 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:40 am

what do we want? Philly is taking advantage of weak schedule. Cleveland just got bashed in Miami. puts us 1 down in loss column as GS game begins. best case would be to pass them both and be 3rd or would it if it's Washington with Wall? but don't really want a 4,5 series with the Cavs with or without home court. do we want 4,5 with Philly?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#42 » by Jake0890 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:07 am

Yeah best case is that we get 3 and face Washington first round. If we're a 5, gotta have to hope that the 4 is Philly, I'd much rather face them than LeBron with home court. If we're 4, I don't think it matters if Cavs are the 3 or 5, but the chances of us passing them and the Sixers falling to 5 is really low.

So:
1. #3 Pacers vs. #6 Washington
2. #4 Pacers vs. #5 Cavaliers
3. #5 Pacers vs. #4 Sixers

imo.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#43 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 am

I think I'd prefer 6 vs Philly to 5 vs Cavs.

Sent from my phone.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#44 » by Vorda » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 am

After Sacramento we have to go in L.A. against Clippers and than in Denver... that will be two difficult games couse both teams are fighting for PO spot... then we play at home with Warriors who will be stronger for Durant and Klay... and after that we are going to Toronto... so we could easily finish with 1-4 and compromise postion in PO... Phily and Cavs have easy Schedule and they will be better so we have to look Washington... they can also pass us, but they have to go to Houston and Cleveland... Miami and Bucks have small chances to better, they should win every games till end, and that is not real option...

So probably final standings wuold be...

1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Phily
5. Indy
6. Washington
7. Miami
8- Bucks

Toronto-Bucks
Boston-Miami
Cavs-Wizards
Phily-Indy

And that is good thing for us... Phily is good, but they have no PO experiance... Embiid, Šarić, Simmons, Covington, Fultz have never played in PO and that is our big chance...
Wizop
RealGM

Post#45 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:26 pm

projections on general board have Philly getting the 3 so we'd play Cavs in 4-5. I agree that first time in playoffs Philly would be easier.

Sent from my phone.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#46 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Wizop wrote:projections on general board have Philly getting the 3 so we'd play Cavs in 4-5. I agree that first time in playoffs Philly would be easier.

Sent from my phone.

Absolutely. I don't care if it's the Sixers or the Wizards, just not the Cavs. I think the Pacers can beat the other two.
Vorda
Senior

Post#47 » by Vorda » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Wizop wrote:projections on general board have Philly getting the 3 so we'd play Cavs in 4-5. I agree that first time in playoffs Philly would be easier.

Sent from my phone.

I think Cavs will be better...

they are 44-30 and they have to play... away Charlotte, Philly and N.Y., and at home N.O, Dallas, Toronto, Washington and N.Y.... I predict 7-1 and 51-31 at the end... in that case Phila have to go 9-0 and that will be very hard... If they do that they would deserve 3rd place...
Wizop
RealGM

Post#48 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Vorda wrote:I think Cavs will be better...

a lot could depend upon who wins the Cleveland/Philly game.

we do hold the three way tie-breaker which goes first to division champions. we hold the two way with Cleveland which would make us Central Champions if we tie which in turn would give us the three way. we also hold two way with Philly.
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#49 » by Jermainevent » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Those two losses to Dallas loom large this time of year.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#50 » by Jake0890 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 am

Embiid has a concussion and fractured a bone in his face... could miss part of the first round. That Sixers matchup is looking even better now.
Jermainevent
Senior

Post#51 » by Jermainevent » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:22 am

I feel bad for Embiid, dude can't stay healthy. At least this was a freak accident and not something related to his legs.
― Hippocrates
Wizop
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 15 games left... 

Post#52 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:23 am

Jake0890 wrote:Embiid has a concussion and fractured a bone in his face... could miss part of the first round. That Sixers matchup is looking even better now.
particularly if we can get the 4

Detroit beat Washington tonight putting the Wiz in danger of dropping to 7 behind Miami.

Sent from my phone.
Vorda
Senior

Post#53 » by Vorda » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 am

6 games left... away Clippers, Denver, Raptors and Hornets... Wariros and Hornets at home... we need 3 wins to secure position 5 and play against Phila who will stay at 4 without Embiid in next few games... we shoul beat Hornets in last two games, so we need one more big win... maybe Clippers are the easiest...
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#54 » by Miller4ever » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

Wizards fell, so the separation below us is looking good. Philly lost Embiid, but still have an easy schedule. If we want to get far in the playoffs, the situation that helps us the most is Embiid comes back slow (given his history the 76ers will probably want to play this one slow) and we sneak into 4th seed against them and Embiid still isn't 100% for the start of the playoffs. As much as I believe in beating a team at their full strength, I believe that the team we face in the second round would potentially test us more and I want us to have as much playoff experience as possible.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#55 » by MUpacersSIC » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Miller4ever wrote:Wizards fell, so the separation below us is looking good. Philly lost Embiid, but still have an easy schedule. If we want to get far in the playoffs, the situation that helps us the most is Embiid comes back slow (given his history the 76ers will probably want to play this one slow) and we sneak into 4th seed against them and Embiid still isn't 100% for the start of the playoffs. As much as I believe in beating a team at their full strength, I believe that the team we face in the second round would potentially test us more and I want us to have as much playoff experience as possible.

Embiid is huge for them. Sixers absolutely can slide to #5.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,925

Post#56 » by kuclas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:51 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:
Miller4ever wrote:Wizards fell, so the separation below us is looking good. Philly lost Embiid, but still have an easy schedule. If we want to get far in the playoffs, the situation that helps us the most is Embiid comes back slow (given his history the 76ers will probably want to play this one slow) and we sneak into 4th seed against them and Embiid still isn't 100% for the start of the playoffs. As much as I believe in beating a team at their full strength, I believe that the team we face in the second round would potentially test us more and I want us to have as much playoff experience as possible.

Embiid is huge for them. Sixers absolutely can slide to #5.

Agree. As a sixers fan. We all know Embiid is the franchise. He's the only one who can create his own shot offensively. He's the rim protector. Anyone who has watched sixers games. Guys simply do not attack the rim with Embiid in the paint. His block rate is down. Part of it is cause he's been trying to conserve his body. But the other part is teams simply do not drive the paint as much with Embiid in the game.

Sixer's point differential with Embiid in the game is even better than Houston's.

I just hope Embiid can be back for the playoffs and not miss any games at this point. Seeding is secondary to most sixers fan at this point. We don't think they can win against anyone without Embiid home court or no home court.
Jermainevent
Senior

Post#57 » by Jermainevent » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Tough to say how the rest of the year will end up for the Pacers. Both the Nuggets and Clippers are still in the playoff hunt, Raptors and Warriors have near identical records and could be your finals matchup, and home court would be huge. Hornets should be out of the mix by then.
― Hippocrates
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 211

Post#58 » by BooomBaby » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:46 pm

If we can go at least .500 in these last few games, I'll be more than happy.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#59 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:28 pm

BooomBaby wrote:If we can go at least .500 in these last few games, I'll be more than happy.

3 wins out of the last 6 plus 1 Washington loss in their last 7 locks in the 5 spot. combined with 4 losses by Philly or Cleveland (or Pacer wins beyond 3) and we have the 4.

let's just win all 6. that guarantees the 4 as Cleveland and Philly have a game left against each other so if we win out we finish ahead of the loser of that game.
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 211

Post#60 » by BooomBaby » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:10 pm

I agree Wizop, I just think it's going to be almost impossible to win all 6 games.

Please let me be wrong though.

Return to Indiana Pacers