BLF to change name?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

BLF to change name? 

Post#1 » by Tom White » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 pm

So, I'm listening to 1070 The Fan earlier today and Dakich said something about Bankers Life Fieldhouse will be getting a new name. He didn't know what the new name might be, and he didn't go further into it, as he was too busy with his normal ranting about nothing important.

If what he said is true, this must mean the sponsorship contract has run out and will be re-bid?

Does anyone have any information about this?
pizza guy
Sophomore
And1: 105

Re: BLF to change name? 

Post#2 » by pizza guy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2018/03/13/bankers-life-fieldhouse-get-new-name-pacers-arena/419870002/

"CNO Financial and Bankers Life have been the naming rights sponsor of the Fieldhouse for nearly two decades, and we achieved and exceeded many of our sponsorship goals throughout the length of this partnership," Gary Bhojwani, chief executive officer of CNO Financial, said in a release. "CNO is proud to be headquartered in central Indiana and to support the communities where our associates live and work. We are actively working with Pacers Sports & Entertainment to identify the next phase of our collaboration together."

CNO Financial has held the naming rights for the fieldhouse — home to the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever — since signing a 20-year sponsorship agreement in 1999. The release says PS&E will pursue a future naming rights sponsor and continue conversation with CNO Financial regarding other partnerships.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by Wizop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Tom White wrote:If what he said is true, this must mean the sponsorship contract has run out and will be re-bid?

Does anyone have any information about this?

Star has the story. Sponsorship runs out in 2019 and CNO has said they want to find a different way to partner with the team so Pacers will be looking for someone new to pay for the naming rights.

I heard something on the radio too as I was driving to an appointment. They were joking about names. I'm trying to think of a dynamite company or a demolition contractor to work Boom into the new name.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#4 » by Jake0890 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Lilly Fieldhouse
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#5 » by Tom White » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Most of the larger Indiana companies are ones that would likely not do something like this. Cummins Engine, for example. It would be totally out of character for them to get involved in naming rights. Just not what they do. Same might be said of Eli Lilly.

Anthem? Maybe not stable enough in the current insurance climate? Can't see someone like Vectron getting involved.

May have to go to more of a national company. Banks, Utilities, Automobiles, Consumer goods or services?
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,272

Post#6 » by boomershadow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 am

I attempt to circumvent the advertising culture surrounding these type of buildings by simply calling it "The Fieldhouse". I do the same thing with "The Music Center" or sometimes "Deer Creek or whatever they call it now"
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#7 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:48 am

Miller Beer???

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers