Game Thread 03/19: Pacers vs. Lakers

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Game Thread 03/19: Pacers vs. Lakers 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Wizop wrote:rotation is shortened with Lance at 3 and no GR3.

Sent from my phone.

I'm not a fan of this at all. Shame on me for questioning Nate because he is the COY in my opinion, but I think GR3 can provide a lot come playoff time. I didn't think he was playing poorly. I'm a little confused.

somewhere I heard Nate say he wanted to only play 5 at 1-3 which means DC, Vic, CoJo, Bogie, and Lance. I get that this is the shortened playoff rotation unless injuries or foul trouble intercede and I see the point in getting the five comfortable with their roles in the short rotation, but I lean the other way. the issue is a variation on what the Colts faced at the end of several seasons when they had to balance maintaining momentum for the playoffs and avoiding injuries. Polian opted to avoid injuries and rest his stars and we all hated that decision when it cost us an undefeated year.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#22 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Wizop wrote:rotation is shortened with Lance at 3 and no GR3.

Sent from my phone.

I'm not a fan of this at all. Shame on me for questioning Nate because he is the COY in my opinion, but I think GR3 can provide a lot come playoff time. I didn't think he was playing poorly. I'm a little confused.

somewhere I heard Nate say he wanted to only play 5 at 1-3 which means DC, Vic, CoJo, Bogie, and Lance. I get that this is the shortened playoff rotation unless injuries or foul trouble intercede and I see the point in getting the five comfortable with their roles in the short rotation, but I lean the other way. the issue is a variation on what the Colts faced at the end of several seasons when they had to balance maintaining momentum for the playoffs and avoiding injuries. Polian opted to avoid injuries and rest his stars and we all hated that decision when it cost us an undefeated year.

One theory may be to try this out now. Get the guys used to it. Then closer to playoff time expand the rotation back out to give guys rest.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#23 » by boomershadow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:29 pm

That's kind of what we've been doing this year. Booker is taking Sabonis's spot for now, but it's coming into a tough stretch of schedule and Nate is falling back on what has been working out for him so far.

Return to Indiana Pacers