Lance is a Laker

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Re: Lance is a Laker 

Post#21 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:05 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Indy4Life wrote:Time to deal Sabonis to the Kings (Vlade should be willing to overpay for him). We can throw in a piece to get WCS and Bogdan.

Portland should be ready to rebuild also as they are now no better than the 6th best team in the West. CJMc for Collison, Thad, Leaf and a 1?

I would not trade Sabonis for WCS who is gonna be 25 in august. The 2nd trade is not too terrible but CJ has a bigger contract than Victor.

WCS is also delusional:

Cauley-Stein was like every other player against Porzingis, having virtually no chance of slowing the most offensively versatile 7-footer in the league.

But while guarding Porzingis, Cauley-Stein believes he saw what he is capable of, even if the league has rarely seen a talent as unique as the Knicks’ franchise player.

“I think I just gotta get more selfish,” said Cauley-Stein, who hit 2-of-6 shots, and is averaging 8.9 points this season. “Offensively, I gotta get to the point that I’m just going at dudes like him. Guarding him, and then watching his game, you take away, oh, this is what he’s doing. I have the same body size, the same skill-level, just transfer it over to a game now. But being behind in the race, he’s been doing it for a while.”
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,304

Post#22 » by boomershadow » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't know if Lance gets enough credit. No way he gets this contract if he hadn't impressed LeGM with his competitiveness
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#23 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:35 pm

boomershadow wrote:I don't know if Lance gets enough credit. No way he gets this contract if he hadn't impressed LeGM with his competitiveness

It's definitely an interesting experiment. If anyone can make Lance effective while not wearing a Pacer jersey, it's LeBron.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#24 » by Vorda » Tue Jul 3, 2018 6:38 am

Indy4Life wrote:Time to deal Sabonis to the Kings (Vlade should be willing to overpay for him). We can throw in a piece to get WCS and Bogdan.

Portland should be ready to rebuild also as they are now no better than the 6th best team in the West. CJMc for Collison, Thad, Leaf and a 1?

Bogdan is average player... we dont need him... especially you dont want give Sabonis for him...
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,405

Post#25 » by Revived » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:42 am

Vorda wrote:

Bogdan is average player... we dont need him... especially you dont want give Sabonis for him...

Not to mention the confusion it will cause with Bojan. No thanks.
glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#26 » by glasket » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:20 am

Sad to see Lance go. Must admit he grew to be one of my favourite pacers with his energy (antics?). Never knew if you’d get good or bad Lance but always guaranteed an entertaining Lance.

Wish him all the best with the Lakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#27 » by cruwinas » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:58 pm

First time LBJ team will have some swagger. Good luck to you Lance in LA, you were fun in Indy.
:crazy:
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#28 » by Wizop » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:42 pm

Pritchard said it was a cap room deal and they'd told Lance and his agent that the room exception was theirs if they wanted it. that would have been a 100k raise. but LeBron asked Lance to join him in LA and that ended negotiations.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#29 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:54 pm

Wizop wrote:Pritchard said it was a cap room deal and they'd told Lance and his agent that the room exception was theirs if they wanted it. that would have been a 100k raise. but LeBron asked Lance to join him in LA and that ended negotiations.

That is interesting. I read an article saying that Woj believes that the Lakers might try to trade him back to us if his Indy magic doesnt work with them.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#30 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:58 am

Wizop wrote:Pritchard said it was a cap room deal and they'd told Lance and his agent that the room exception was theirs if they wanted it. that would have been a 100k raise. but LeBron asked Lance to join him in LA and that ended negotiations.

Yeah I don't blame either side here honestly. Pritchard tried to actually give Lance more money (which makes PG's social media post more annoying) and Lance took the same money from LA. I can't fault him for being swayed by calls from Lebron and Magic.

Seems like Pritchard may have been a bit ticked off about it though given his comments and you wonder if they had an oral deal for him to come back. Also makes you wonder if Tyreke was a real target initially (if he was we may have snagged him early like Doug) and how this altered the plans, if at all.

Return to Indiana Pacers