Zaza Pachulia

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Zaza Pachulia 

Post#1 » by HurricaneDij25 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:42 pm

He ruffled a lot of feathers in his two years in Golden State, but I wouldn't mind having him around on our team to batter around Joel Embiid once in awhile.

Any thoughts on Zaza as an extra big man on a one-year deal?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Re: Zaza Pachulia 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:55 pm

my list was O"Quinn, Len, and Nogueira but I'd take about any veteran center with size and bulk who'd sign for something between the minimum and the room exception.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 5, 2018 9:05 pm

I’d also consider Brook Lopez as he’s really developed a 3pt shot. Unfortunately, you could only consider him really if both Dom and Turner developed into playing PF reliably.

Still really into a LRMAM as a 3/4/5 kind of guy.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#4 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:04 pm

Employing Zaza Pachulia on your basketball at this point is probably not the best PR move.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Re: RE: Re: Zaza Pachulia 

Post#5 » by Wizop » Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:12 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I’d also consider Brook Lopez as he’s really developed a 3pt shot. Unfortunately, you could only consider him really if both Dom and Turner developed into playing PF reliably.

do you see Brook taking the room exemption?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Re: RE: Re: Zaza Pachulia 

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:42 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I’d also consider Brook Lopez as he’s really developed a 3pt shot. Unfortunately, you could only consider him really if both Dom and Turner developed into playing PF reliably.

do you see Brook taking the room exemption?

Sent from my phone.

I don’t think there’s any amount of money available for him that’s more than that.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#7 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:20 am

I would rather just play small ball if Myles or Domas are down. Sign another 3/4 with size or play Leaf at the five some and gang rebound. Nate knows how to make this work considering he used to deploy Dante Cunningham at the Five some during his Portland run.We also already have Ike who will be capable of playing some 5 at some point. Leaf may be capable of playing a Boris Diaw 5/4/3 like role for us. Bring on Al Jefferson as an assistant and sign another wing who can step in at the 2 or three.

Collison/ Cojo/ Holiday (Hoping Holiday is better than expected to the music of unseating Cojo, and force his way into playing time. We dont need another Joe Young.)
Oladipo/ Evans/ Maybe Sumner is ready?????
Bogie/ McDermott /Alize /Sumner or maybe a vet here???
Thad/Sabonis/ Leaf/ Maybe Alize?
Turner Sabonis/ Leaf /Ike
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#8 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:23 am

Wizop wrote:my list was O"Quinn, Len, and Nogueira but I'd take about any veteran center with size and bulk who'd sign for something between the minimum and the room exception.

Nogueira is interesting. I like both Len and O'Quinn but both guys are likely to have a chance to go to a team and play backup minutes. Especially O'Quinn.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#9 » by Moooose » Fri Jul 6, 2018 4:58 am

Another insurance big would be nice. I am expecting TJ and Ike to be able to take on the minutes that will be vacated by both Booker and Jefferson but it looks like Ike is still at least months away from being serviceable, and fully healthy. I think it would depend on TJ's development and we should be able to see that in the summer league.

If he looks ready, we can put him in the rotation for decent minutes and sign an inexpensive, insurance big man. Players like Henry Sims, Joffrey Lauvergne, Lucas Noguiera, even Mareese Speights.

If it turns out Leaf would need more time to develop, I think we will need someone with at least the same caliber of Booker to take on that same role that Booker a year ago. Not sure about how the money goes but I like Greg Monroe the best. I agree on O'Quinn too, I always liked his game.

Alex Len would be nice too but I think he will just add up into our core of "developing bigs". I'd rather go for a proven vet, or a young big that has already figured out his game.
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#10 » by cruwinas » Fri Jul 6, 2018 10:26 am

I wouldn't mind. Need some toughness. Only one tough guy know is Domas, who is still basically an unknown commodity in the NBA.
:crazy:
Indy4Life
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#11 » by Indy4Life » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm all for someone who can come in a give a few hard fouls on Embiid, Drummond types. I know Myles is bulking up, but he isn't build to handle the true bigs in the post. ZaZa would be a decent options for the role of fouling out.
Indy4Life
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#12 » by Indy4Life » Fri Jul 6, 2018 3:00 pm

O'Quinn a PACER 1/4.5MM!

NICE ADDITION

Return to Indiana Pacers