(Preseason) Game Thread 10/08: Pacers vs. Cavs

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Re: (Preseason) Game Thread 10/08: Pacers vs. Cavs 

Post#21 » by Jstock12 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 4:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Pacers finished higher on the standings and won the head to head series

Not saying the Bucks aren't a good team, but they are so far more hype than substance

Middleton is overrated (watch some of his low IQ plays), Giannis looked genuinely lost in their series against Celtics last season, and Bledsoe just doesn't come across as a winner

Still, they have someone called "The Greek Freak", and a recent RoTY in Brogdon, so it is inevitable that people who don't watch Pacers closely rates Bucks ahead of Pacers

Well, Giannis is the best player between the Pacers and 5e Bucks, so it’s not hard to predict the Bucks instead of the Pacers.

I don't think there's a huge gap between Giannis and Oladipo right now. Both are excellent two-way players. But until Giannis develops the 3-point range they will remain comparable in impact, IMO. Now, if you gave Giannis Victor's range, then it's suddenly not even close.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Re: (Preseason) Game Thread 10/08: Pacers vs. Cavs 

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 9, 2018 5:19 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Pacers finished higher on the standings and won the head to head series

Not saying the Bucks aren't a good team, but they are so far more hype than substance

Middleton is overrated (watch some of his low IQ plays), Giannis looked genuinely lost in their series against Celtics last season, and Bledsoe just doesn't come across as a winner

Still, they have someone called "The Greek Freak", and a recent RoTY in Brogdon, so it is inevitable that people who don't watch Pacers closely rates Bucks ahead of Pacers

Well, Giannis is the best player between the Pacers and 5e Bucks, so it’s not hard to predict the Bucks instead of the Pacers.

I don't think there's a huge gap between Giannis and Oladipo right now. Both are excellent two-way players. But until Giannis develops the 3-point range they will remain comparable in impact, IMO. Now, if you gave Giannis Victor's range, then it's suddenly not even close.

I cannot tell you how much I love Dipo. But Giannis put up a legit 27/10/5 while shooting 55% overall, though only 31% from 3. He’s also an all defensive player who can play all 5 positions on the court. He’s Really better than Dipo. And that’s not an insult to Dipo. He’s (Giannis) a legit top 10 player in the league right now. If he develops a reliable 3? Holy crap. He might then be one of the best players in nba history.

Return to Indiana Pacers