(Preseason) Game Thread 10/10: Pacers vs. Bulls

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

(Preseason) Game Thread 10/10: Pacers vs. Bulls 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

The Pacers have just one dress rehearsal remaining before they tip off the 2018-19 NBA season next week. Indiana will conclude a four-game preseason road trip on Wednesday night in Chicago.

Exactly one week later, the Blue & Gold will be back at Bankers Life Fieldhouse to host the Memphis Grizzlies for Opening Night presented by Kroger.

Indiana is coming off a

111-102 win in Cleveland

on Monday night. The Pacers dominated the majority of that contest, racing out to a 20-point halftime lead behind a strong start from Victor Oladipo, but head coach Nate McMillan was disappointed in their second half performance.

Wheat Hotchkiss
www.nba.com/pacers/preview-pacers-bulls-181010
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: (Preseason) Game Thread 10/10: Pacers vs. Bulls 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:44 am

did we expect them to roll over?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:24 am

Dipo not looking so good. Forcing it.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#4 » by Wizop » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 am

only Thad has anything. Leaf was so sore after 3 games that he couldn't go at all. perhaps no one has legs but "no explanations, no excuses."

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#5 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:31 pm

This isn't a good excuse but we looked like a team playing their 4th straight practice game on a week long road trip.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#6 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Last night was a super frustrating game to watch. However, guys like Justin Holiday hitting multiple contested threes isn't going to happen that often.

It seems our guys were holding back all preseason though anyways. Vic barely drove and I don't expect that in games that matter. Hard to blame him too given the potential for injury and after watching Dejounte Murray lose a season.

That's not to say there isn't some concerning issues that showed up throughout the games. Myles looked lost and his shot is way off, Sabonis and Tyreke missed so many close shots, Tyreke's three ball looks worse than last year (hopefully it wasn't a fluke for him), Mcdermott isn't being utilized correctly, and it seems Nate doesn't even want to try the Myles/Sabonis pairing.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#7 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Last night was a super frustrating game to watch. However, guys like Justin Holiday hitting multiple contested threes isn't going to happen that often.

It seems our guys were holding back all preseason though anyways. Vic barely drove and I don't expect that in games that matter. Hard to blame him too given the potential for injury and after watching Dejounte Murray lose a season.

That's not to say there isn't some concerning issues that showed up throughout the games. Myles looked lost and his shot is way off, Sabonis and Tyreke missed so many close shots, Tyreke's three ball looks worse than last year (hopefully it wasn't a fluke for him), Mcdermott isn't being utilized correctly, and it seems Nate doesn't even want to try the Myles/Sabonis pairing.

Agree with all of your analysis. I think if all of those things continue into the regular season there is a reason for concern. At this point it is tough to take a 3-4 game practice sample and be concerned. Especially on Tyreke's shot. He miss some time with the ankle and was shaking off some rust. Again it may be a trend but I would need to see more of it to be concerned. I do like the way Tyreke and Sabonis look running the P&R game. I expect that to continue to grow.

Return to Indiana Pacers