Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Re: Myles Turner agrees to 4 yr/$80m extension 

Post#101 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:06 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

What’s with the whole martyr complex? I don’t know that anyone on this forum, ever, has said, implied, or anything that “Darren and Keats ya to a championship by themselves” nor anything hats even close to that. Collison has clearly been the guy that’s been bandied as needing to be upgraded; problem is, that’s not easy to do, and upgrades aren’t available. And if he’s insulted you on another board or forum, address him for that there. We don’t know anything about that crap here man.

In fact, Pacers Freak had an intelligent and thought out comment that you absolutely didn’t respond to, and you quoted just to troll and insult him. It only makes you look small and unable to provide a well thought out argument.

And extending Myles had nothing to do with comparing him to Dom. We’ll look to extend Dom next year, too, and likely will. I mean, extending Myles now at a barely market cost is still a better idea than letting him go to max Bledsoe. :wink:

For the record I’m not on any other forums
. Perhaps there is a Pacer Freak wannabe out in internet land?? Lol.

You had called me out on the NBA General Board here at RealGM as well I think in October, so I just happened to use the wrong word..."Board" instead of "forum", so my bad there. lol

Look, I'm not going to sit here and say Turner is a bad guy to have on a given team, but he's worth about $60 million of his good days. For $80 million, I would have let him walk ten times out of ten. And yes, he was thoroughly outplayed by Domas again last night. It would not look very good on us to end up committing a combined $150 million to Myles and Domas, but unfortunately that's the situation we're facing right now.

And in case you haven't noticed, Bledsoe has been doing a little bit on winning up in Milwaukee. And the Bucks might not be able to afford him with the younger Middleton and Brogdon also being 2019 FA's. Here in Indiana, however, we have $80 million reasons so sit around and wait for Myles to develop into a reliable second or third option when he may never be. We now have no other choice at this point. :nonono:

I'm confused. You have no problem with Myles getting 60 but are outraged he got 72? Over a 4 year deal that is 3 mil/season. In all honesty that is barely a dent in NBA salary. Bledsoe is having a fine year. I personally am not his biggest fan. He's going to be 29 when he signs which means he will be 32 when it expires. Not terribly old but.... pushing it a bit. Bledsoe would not be close to the top end of my list, but if he is yours that is cool. Doesn't make either one of us wrong. I'd prefer they not go that direction, but i don't get to make those decisions.

Return to Indiana Pacers