Should Thad Young go to the bench?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Should Thad Young go to the bench? 

Post#41 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:40 pm

Major Cold wrote:Didn't he do just that [full 5 man hockey substitution] with Cojo/Doug/Reke/TJ/Domas earlier in the year?

perhaps, I don't remember for sure but he certainly played CoJo/Reke/Doug/Domas with Bogie. I can't recall a game where TJ got the same minutes as any of the first 9.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#42 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:44 pm

Major Cold wrote:I think having him come in off the bench at the 6 minute mark in the first and third quarter allows for our team to put the best players out there together.

as I keep writing, Red Auerbach won a lot of championships bring one of his best players off the bench at the 6 minute mark. I assume he told the famous Boston 6th men that they were better than the player they were coming in for. he didn't say that publicly though until long after he'd retired.
Major Cold
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#43 » by Major Cold » Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:18 pm

Wizop wrote:
Major Cold wrote:I think having him come in off the bench at the 6 minute mark in the first and third quarter allows for our team to put the best players out there together.

as I keep writing, Red Auerbach won a lot of championships bring one of his best players off the bench at the 6 minute mark. I assume he told the famous Boston 6th men that they were better than the player they were coming in for. he didn't say that publicly though until long after he'd retired.

Yeah but our starting five isn’t Red’s Celtics. We need scoring and Domas helps us do that with players who struggle to create their own shot. Besides I think we need to figure out if Myles/Domas are worth keeping for over 40% of the cap by seeing if they can be on the court for more than 6 mpg
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#44 » by Vorda » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:08 am

Can someone lock this funny topic?
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,350

Post#45 » by Nuntius » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 am

Thad has been quite good lately and he was straight up amazing in our last game. He deserves major credit.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Wizop
RealGM

Post#46 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:04 am

Vorda wrote:Can someone lock this funny topic?
this!!!

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,062

Post#47 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Wizop wrote:
this!!!

Sent from my phone.

Nah. I mean, I disagree with the question, clearly Thad should keep starting, but the discussion has been healthy and positive with no TOS violations. Why lock it?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#48 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
this!!!

Sent from my phone.

Nah. I mean, I disagree with the question, clearly Thad should keep starting, but the discussion has been healthy and positive with no TOS violations. Why lock it?
very well, but he is playing so well the question has answered itself.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:this!!!

Sent from my phone.

very well, but he is playing so well the question has answered itself.

Sent from my phone.

Agreed!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#50 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
this!!!

Sent from my phone.

I think we are just in the luxurious position of having 6 or 7 guys that should start. With guys like Domas and Cory coming off the bench and giving us starter quality minutes it's just great.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,304

Post#51 » by boomershadow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:23 pm

There was a point in the last game where Thad Young was super slow to get up off the floor, and it had me thinking for a second about what the rotation would look like if he happened to miss a few weeks. Not that I hope he does, but just out of curiosity.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:38 pm

boomershadow wrote:There was a point in the last game where Thad Young was super slow to get up off the floor, and it had me thinking for a second about what the rotation would look like if he happened to miss a few weeks. Not that I hope he does, but just out of curiosity.

I think you see Nate really try Leaf, but probably ultimately lean on KOQ to help fill the minutes.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#53 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
boomershadow wrote:There was a point in the last game where Thad Young was super slow to get up off the floor, and it had me thinking for a second about what the rotation would look like if he happened to miss a few weeks. Not that I hope he does, but just out of curiosity.

I think you see Nate really try Leaf, but probably ultimately lean on KOQ to help fill the minutes.
also Bojan at the 4.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#54 » by Topofthekey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:18 am

I really think Domas needs to start though

It's not just about increasing his minutes, to me it's more about having him being on the floor with Vic at the same time; those two need to play together more

I understand the benefit of staggering their playing time so that you always have one of them on the floor, but I think the benefit of having them both play together outweighs that

At the same time, I've been an admirer of what Thad brings to the team, even before his recent string of good games - I've mentioned that I believe that he is the 3rd most valuable player on the team after Vic and Domas

So here's the conundrum: if Domas is going to start, and Thad isn't going to the bench, how does that work?

What a complex problem, and I don't have a clue
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#55 » by Vorda » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I really think Domas needs to start though

It's not just about increasing his minutes, to me it's more about having him being on the floor with Vic at the same time; those two need to play together more

I understand the benefit of staggering their playing time so that you always have one of them on the floor, but I think the benefit of having them both play together outweighs that

At the same time, I've been an admirer of what Thad brings to the team, even before his recent string of good games - I've mentioned that I believe that he is the 3rd most valuable player on the team after Vic and Domas

So here's the conundrum: if Domas is going to start, and Thad isn't going to the bench, how does that work?

What a complex problem, and I don't have a clue

There is no problem... Sabonis is center... and Thad is our best PF... Sabonis can only start instead of Myles... we can be happy that we have two great center right now... in the future we will have to decided who will we have to let go couse both of them will be starting players... our only problem is how will we upgrade PG position... DC is the biggest hole in this team...

Return to Indiana Pacers