Sigh....Oladipo out for season..What next?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Re: Sigh....Oladipo out for season..What next? 

Post#101 » by Wizop » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Ike and Alize both sent back to Fort Wayne. I'm a little disappointed we didn't give Alize a shot at 3 with Doug at 2, but he must not have earned time at practice.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#102 » by Grang33r » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:42 am

So whats next is a very good question right now. Goes without saying but this team is in serious trouble right now. I think any chance of top 4 is gone.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Wizop
RealGM

Post#103 » by Wizop » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Grang33r wrote:So whats next is a very good question right now. Goes without saying but this team is in serious trouble right now. I think any chance of top 4 is gone.

a little early, but not a lot early. do we care though? sure without home court the chances of a 2nd round of playoffs is slim and the Simons would happily take the extra ticket sales. what helps us most for next year though? pretty easy to argue that giving minutes to Holiday, Sumner, and Leaf is more important for the long run than playoff positioning.
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 197

Post#104 » by BooomBaby » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 pm

This season is done and the Pacers look like they've also given up.

Yes, play the young guys and maybe get lucky with someone. Though from the looks of this pathetic roster, that's never happening.

Wish I could say the future looks better, but I'd be lying.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#105 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 pm

We'll make the playoffs as the East is too poor at the bottom and we amassed enough wins early on. Might as well keep trying. Especially where this draft looks like junk after the top few picks so it's not like a jump from pick 20 to pick 15 would do much for us.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#106 » by Wizop » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm

pacers33granger wrote:We'll make the playoffs as the East is too poor at the bottom and we amassed enough wins early on. Might as well keep trying. Especially where this draft looks like junk after the top few picks so it's not like a jump from pick 20 to pick 15 would do much for us.

I think I'd gladly trade our 2019 pick for one in 2020. I like our youngsters and I don't see much below the 2019 lottery that would jump ahead of them. perhaps there's someone in Europe though.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#107 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:We'll make the playoffs as the East is too poor at the bottom and we amassed enough wins early on. Might as well keep trying. Especially where this draft looks like junk after the top few picks so it's not like a jump from pick 20 to pick 15 would do much for us.

I think I'd gladly trade our 2019 pick for one in 2020. I like our youngsters and I don't see much below the 2019 lottery that would jump ahead of them. perhaps there's someone in Europe though.

Not that we need another center, but maybe Bol Bol's injury will make him slide to our pick and someone will pay a decent price to gamble on his talent. Some mocks have him post-lotto right now.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#108 » by Topofthekey » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:44 am

BooomBaby wrote:This season is done and the Pacers look like they've also given up.

Yes, play the young guys and maybe get lucky with someone. Though from the looks of this pathetic roster, that's never happening.

Wish I could say the future looks better, but I'd be lying.

There are a few bright spots though

Leaf, Holiday, and Sumner all look like they can be part of the rotation moving on, and that's good news, because having productive players on rookie scale contracts are important

Domas has been good overall this season, and there's no reason to doubt he'll get even better next season; even Myles has shown some improvement as well

So if you picture a 10-man deep roster next season, that's already 5 players accounted for; 7 if you included Vic and Doug (mainly because Doug signed a 3 year contract)

We just need to let the youngster grow into their roles now and spend the offseason looking for the other 3 players to round out the 10-man roster, and there're plenty of options

We have our own FAs: Thad, DC, CoJo, Bogie, Kyle, and then there's the FA pool with some interesting players (Kemba Walker, Tobias Harris, Harrison Barnes, etc)

Mainly though, I'm happy that the youngster are showing promise, that's a good sign

Return to Indiana Pacers