Game Thread 02/02: Pacers vs. Heat

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Game Thread 02/02: Pacers vs. Heat 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Sat Feb 2, 2019 4:38 pm

The Pacers will look to snap out of a four-game skid on Saturday night, when they make their third stop of a four-game road trip in Miami.

Indiana (32-19) has dropped all four of its games since an MRI confirmed that All-Star guard Victor Oladipo's season was done after he ruptured the quad tendon in his right knee in a win over Toronto on Jan. 23. The injury bug has continued to bite the Blue & Gold over the past week, as shooting guard Tyreke Evans has missed the last three games with lower back soreness and sharpshooter Doug McDermott sustained bruised ribs in Thursday's loss in Orlando.

Though it was another loss, the Pacers claimed to be encouraged after the 107-100 defeat to the Magic. Head coach Nate McMillan had questioned their effort after Wednesday's loss in Washington, but his team was more competitive with the Magic despite playing on the second night of a back-to-back..

Wheat Hotchkiss
https://www.nba.com/pacers/preview-pacers-heat-190202
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Game Thread 02/02: Pacers vs. Heat 

Post#2 » by ducler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 12:52 am

Read on Twitter
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#3 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 9:43 am

Its funny thing... in team without shooters(only Bogie is shooter who acctually scores) we have two rookies who cant shoot... only in Indianapolis...
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#4 » by Gooner » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:05 am

Vorda wrote:Its funny thing... in team without shooters(only Bogie is shooter who acctually scores) we have two rookies who cant shoot... only in Indianapolis...

Collison is a shooter. :lol:
Vorda
Senior

Post#5 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:18 am

Gooner wrote:
Vorda wrote:Its funny thing... in team without shooters(only Bogie is shooter who acctually scores) we have two rookies who cant shoot... only in Indianapolis...

Yeah... all star level... :D
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#6 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:21 pm

Sumner shot well with Ants and Holiday shot well early in the year. I hope it's a matter of getting used to defenses.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Vorda
Senior

Post#7 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:40 pm

Wizop wrote:
Sumner shot well with Ants and Holiday shot well early in the year. I hope it's a matter of getting used to defenses.

Sent from my phone.

He shoots like he has never been on basketball practice... he is 0-9 for 3pt... Ben Simmons is better shooter, he scored one this year... :D

I dont know... if he continue miss shoots he can go back to the Ants... why would NBA team keep SG who cant score...
Wizop
RealGM

Post#8 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:50 pm

Vorda wrote:I dont know... if he continue miss shoots he can go back to the Ants... why would NBA team keep SG who cant score...

defense for one. having confidence in his ability to figure it out for two.

I thought you'd given up on this year? if so, why not see what we have for next year? playoff experience for the rooks would help long term.

Sent from my phone.
Vorda
Senior

Post#9 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:55 pm

Wizop wrote:
Vorda wrote:I dont know... if he continue miss shoots he can go back to the Ants... why would NBA team keep SG who cant score...

defense for one. having confidence in his ability to figure it out for two.

I thought you'd given up on this year? if so, why not see what we have for next year? playoff experience for the rooks would help long term.

Sent from my phone.
We are in 3pt era of NBA... guards without shoot cant exist anymore

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk
Wizop
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:02 pm

Vorda wrote:We are in 3pt era of NBA... guards without shoot cant exist anymore

sample size still small. he does need to find his shot to stick though.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:19 pm

Ricky Rubio, Russell Westbrook, Kemba Walker, John Wall, Donovan Mitchell, Demar Derozan, etc none of them are known as sharpshooters

Even Vic isn't known as a dead eye shooter himself

There's no disputing that the NBA is a shooter's league now, but shooting isn't the only skill that matters
Vorda
Senior

Post#12 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:03 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Ricky Rubio, Russell Westbrook, Kemba Walker, John Wall, Donovan Mitchell, Demar Derozan, etc none of them are known as sharpshooters

There's no disputing that the NBA is a shooter's league now, but shooting isn't the only skill that matters

Most of them are PG... and they are fantastic PG... I dont see conection with them and our 0-9 guy
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 3, 2019 6:11 pm

Vorda wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Ricky Rubio, Russell Westbrook, Kemba Walker, John Wall, Donovan Mitchell, Demar Derozan, etc none of them are known as sharpshooters

Most of them are PG... and they are fantastic PG... I dont see conection with them and our 0-9 guy

We were able to acquire our 0-9 guy (which was actually 1-10).

But ultimately, if you can't give a young guy time to develop, then you really might miss out. He's not costing us anything this year. Even Bojan had 0-12 shooting runs his rookie year in Washington, when he was 25 years old. Sumner is 23. It behooves us to give him a chance and see what he has. If we don't, shame on us. We'll never be able to just trade for and sign whomever we want and make moves all the time. We HAVE to develop some talent here. And if we don't see what our young guys have or can do, then we'll never develop talent.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#14 » by Tom White » Sun Feb 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:

But ultimately, if you can't give a young guy time to develop, then you really might miss out. He's not costing us anything this year. Even Bojan had 0-12 shooting runs his rookie year in Washington, when he was 25 years old. Sumner is 23. It behooves us to give him a chance and see what he has. If we don't, shame on us. We'll never be able to just trade for and sign whomever we want and make moves all the time. We HAVE to develop some talent here. And if we don't see what our young guys have or can do, then we'll never develop talent.

I'm getting the idea that Vorda has a problem with almost all our players. Makes you wonder why he follows this team?
Vorda
Senior

Post#15 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 7:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:

He is 23, he isnt young anymore... and he shoots like old lady... I dont think he can improve much his shooting ability... he will get his chance, but he needs to start giving something to this team... last night when he and Holiday were playing Miami outplayed us...

Bojan came to NBA as elite european shooter... the best in Euroleague... you cant compare him with this street player...
Vorda
Senior

Post#16 » by Vorda » Sun Feb 3, 2019 7:30 pm

Tom White wrote:
I'm getting the idea that Vorda has a problem with almost all our players. Makes you wonder why he follows this team?

What players? DC, Doug(I was saying last summer that he isnt player for Pacers) and Sumner who didnt show anything for now... So you have bad idea... everything else is fine... we just need better PG to make conference final next year...
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 3, 2019 7:31 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:

He is 23, he isnt young anymore... and he shoots like old lady... I dont think he can improve much his shooting ability... he will get his chance, but he needs to start giving something to this team... last night when he and Holiday were playing Miami outplayed us...

Bojan came to NBA as elite european shooter... the best in Euroleague... you cant compare him with this street player...

23 is still NBA young. Especially when he had an injury that kept him from shooting and playing for almost two years.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#18 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 5:27 am

Vorda wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Yeah... all star level... :D

41.4% I know you don't like DC but he's not bad for the money. And I'm willing to give Sumner some time. I tell you what I'm not willing to do, that's spend $32 million on a 29 year old Kemba Walker this summer. I'd rather bring back DC. When you go out and get a guy and over spend say $32 million on a Walker, it might look great in 2019 but what about 2021 when he's 31 yrs old and slipping?
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#19 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:19 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:

Street player? You're clueless. He played for a perennial top 25 college program. I'm not a big Sumner fan, at all, but have a clue man.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#20 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:22 pm

On to basketball, I know we didn't score 100 but with my eye test I thought there was more flow to what we were doing. Minus only have 2 points 7 minutes into the 4th I was happy with the offense. Hopefully the guys are adjusting to life after Vic. More importantly, we are very active on the defensive end. Going to have to go old school and win a few 95-92 type games.

Return to Indiana Pacers