Game Thread 02/04: Pacers vs. Pelicans

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,293

Game Thread 02/04: Pacers vs. Pelicans 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:31 am

The Pacers will try to repeat their performance on Monday against a New Orleans team that has lost five of its last six games.

With Anthony Davis out with a left index finger sprain, the Pelicans have been led by the play of point guard Jrue Holiday, who is averaging 21 points and eight assists per game this season.

Even more responsibility has fallen on the shoulders of Holiday of late, as the Pelicans have been hit hard with the injury bug, losing more key rotation players like Julius Randle, Nikola Mirotic, and Elfid Payton.

Greg Rappaport
https://www.nba.com/pacers/preview-pacers-pelicans-190204
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Game Thread 02/04: Pacers vs. Pelicans 

Post#2 » by ducler » Mon Feb 4, 2019 8:38 pm

Read on Twitter
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,293

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:16 am

0-11 against Pelicans team without AD.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,341

Post#4 » by Revived » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:10 am

Jahlil Okafor is really underrated. 12 & 9 in the first half alone.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:10 am

Two huge 3 point shots by Vorda's fave player! DC!
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#6 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:14 pm

Revived wrote:Jahlil Okafor is really underrated. 12 & 9 in the first half alone.

Underrated offensively. Dude has no interest in guarding a soul.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#7 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:15 pm

Really solid win by the Blue and Gold. 2 great responses after a poor start in life after Vic. Solid team win last night. Vorda did not sleep well.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,059

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:37 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Revived wrote:Jahlil Okafor is really underrated. 12 & 9 in the first half alone.

He's gotten better this season at at least moving his feet and just trying to be in the way. He'll never be good defensively, but he's trying, and it's saving his career.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#9 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:58 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

He's gotten better this season at at least moving his feet and just trying to be in the way. He'll never be good defensively, but he's trying, and it's saving his career.

And I am happy for him. I have no clue why but I always liked him. But, if anyone plays DK or FD a great strategy is to target the opposing center of the Pelicans. They have been having field days.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#10 » by Wizop » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:32 pm

Both Sumner and Holiday got key minutes ahead of Evans with the game on the line.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#11 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:46 pm

Wizop wrote:Both Sumner and Holiday got key minutes ahead of Evans with the game on the line.

One thing I really really like about Nate is he doesn't get stubborn about his rotation. He will stay with the hot hand. A lot of coaches are always looking to close out a game with the same 5 all the time. He doesn't mind closing it with a sub or 2 on the floor that has played well, or cutting into a starters minutes.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:07 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

What will save his career is when Davis gets traded for a bunch of scraps they'll have to use him at center, unless they commit to Randle.

Funny thing is if they make that deal with the Lakers the Pels are gonna look like the 2017 Lakers all they need is to get Clarkson and Nance from the Cavs.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:11 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

And I am happy for him. I have no clue why but I always liked him. But, if anyone plays DK or FD a great strategy is to target the opposing center of the Pelicans. They have been having field days.

I do Draft Kings, I had Sabonis last night he got me 35.25 fantasy points. But it didn't help my team blew chunks, missed the bottom of the money by about 10 points. Basketball is really difficult to win. I did better at Football, I won $40 and $50 a few times this season. One thing on Draft Kings I'm seeing, if you don't have James Harden you're behind the eight ball from the start.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:31 pm

One thing that I've noticed is the Pacers are missing too many Free Throws. That will kill you and cost a lot of games. Bob Knight would be tossing chairs across the court ever night.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#15 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 5, 2019 8:01 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I do Draft Kings, I had Sabonis last night he got me 35.25 fantasy points. But it didn't help my team blew chunks, missed the bottom of the money by about 10 points. Basketball is really difficult to win. I did better at Football, I won $40 and $50 a few times this season. One thing on Draft Kings I'm seeing, if you don't have James Harden you're behind the eight ball from the start.

I do ok in basketball but couldn't sniff football this year. Funny how it works.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#16 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 8:42 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I do ok in basketball but couldn't sniff football this year. Funny how it works.

My strategy in football was to get two running backs like Zeke and Barkley or Gordon III and then get a 3rd one as the flex player, I wanted backs that are also good receivers that can get you 5-6 catches and 40-50 additional yards to their running yards. It helps if they are also the guys banging it into the endzone for TD's. I like a good QB and WR or TE combo too. Then I tried to fill in the WR's with low priced guys who get over looked. It's nice to have a Brown, or Tyreke Hill or even TY Hilton but somethimes they get double teamed and you get nothing for your $7500. I always try to match up a defense with a weak team.

I don't get rich, OMG you should have seen the horror of my superbowl showdown teams! :cry:

Return to Indiana Pacers