Bojan- Eastern Conference Player of the Week

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

DoubleEagle4
Sophomore
And1: 82

Bojan- Eastern Conference Player of the Week 

Post#1 » by DoubleEagle4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Congrats to Bogey on an awesome week of basketball. He averaged 22.5 points per game while leading the Pacers to 4 wins. His stock is starting to rise. I assume he will test the market at the end of the year...
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: Bojan- Eastern Conference Player of the Week 

Post#2 » by Tom White » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm

He has been playing really well. A deserved honor for him.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#3 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Pacers__Talk wrote:Congrats to Bogey on an awesome week of basketball. He averaged 22.5 points per game while leading the Pacers to 4 wins. His stock is starting to rise. I assume he will test the market at the end of the year...

He's a free agent (no option), so yeah he will.

On a selfish note, I think the Pacers had a better chance of retaining him when he was a well-kept secret :P Nevertheless, Bogey should get a well-deserved raise next year.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#4 » by Vorda » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 am

He will be fine with 25/2... he will rather stay at Indy for less money... he doesnt want to be bench or trash player...
DoubleEagle4
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#5 » by DoubleEagle4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Obviously his age is working against him, so there aren't many teams that would consider a long term deal. I think there is at least an 80% chance he stays with the Pacers.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Post#6 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Congrats @Vorda.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#7 » by boomershadow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm

I would say he is one the most underrated players in the league, except this team has so many of them.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#8 » by pacers33granger » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Definitely deserved.

I think we have a great shot at keeping him though. It would be largely pointless for us to chase big free agents since we'd lose all of ours by doing so and he seems like he wants to stick around. He knows the organization has been great for his game and given him opportunities he just wouldn't get elsewhere. I think the team lifting him up after that Boston game last year was huge too.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I expect at least Bogie and Thad to have deals worked out day one of free agency.
pizza guy
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#9 » by pizza guy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm

DoubleEagle4 wrote:Obviously his age is working against him, so there aren't many teams that would consider a long term deal. I think there is at least an 80% chance he stays with the Pacers.

Of course it depends on what Bogey wants to do, but I think you're right about teams not viewing him as a long term deal. But a team on the cusp, say Toronto or Milwaukee or Houston or OKC, might think he's worth a very large 1-2 year deal in the interest of maybe raising their team another level. But I do think (and hope) we'll be able to retain him. He seems to really like this team and organization, and I think he probably enjoys that Indy is not going to be in the spotlight all the time.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#10 » by pacers33granger » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:42 pm

pizza guy wrote:
DoubleEagle4 wrote:Obviously his age is working against him, so there aren't many teams that would consider a long term deal. I think there is at least an 80% chance he stays with the Pacers.

Of course it depends on what Bogey wants to do, but I think you're right about teams not viewing him as a long term deal. But a team on the cusp, say Toronto or Milwaukee or Houston or OKC, might think he's worth a very large 1-2 year deal in the interest of maybe raising their team another level. But I do think (and hope) we'll be able to retain him. He seems to really like this team and organization, and I think he probably enjoys that Indy is not going to be in the spotlight all the time.

None of those teams will have space to offer significant money. Milwaukee is the only one who theoretically could, but it would require renouncing Bledsoe and Middleton.

Return to Indiana Pacers