Are the 2018-19 Pacers Over Achievers?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: Are the 2018-19 Pacers Over Achievers? 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Mar 5, 2019 2:42 am

Heat4lyf wrote:can someone tell me what the pacers record is without oladipo this season?

25-11 with Oladipo. 16-12 without him.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#22 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:53 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:can someone tell me what the pacers record is without oladipo this season?

25-11 with Oladipo. 16-12 without him.

And 3 of those loses came recently when we were also missing Sabonis.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#23 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:58 am

Wizop wrote:
Tomhomes33 wrote:And its safe to say that lookign at teams schedules 1.Bucks 2.Raptors 3.Sixers is preety much sure thing.
Indy and Boston will be neck to neck and likely 1-2 final games will decide homecourt advantage
safe? at this point Pacers and Sixers are the two that are neck to neck with the Celtics several games back. not saying they won't catch up, but it is hardly a lock that they will.

Sent from my phone.

The Celtics look like something is wrong, seems like Brown has regressed and Tatum hasn't really move forward any. Then there's the sad case of Gordon Hayward. Also Horford is getting old, he's still pretty good but I can see him slowing down.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#24 » by Tom White » Tue Mar 5, 2019 2:00 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:The Celtics look like something is wrong, seems like Brown has regressed and Tatum hasn't really move forward any. Then there's the sad case of Gordon Hayward. Also Horford is getting old, he's still pretty good but I can see him slowing down.

I wonder if there is a "Kyrie Irving factor" at play there?

I'm not even totally sure what I mean by that, but it seems there are always distractions around him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#25 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Mar 5, 2019 2:49 pm

Tom White wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:The Celtics look like something is wrong, seems like Brown has regressed and Tatum hasn't really move forward any. Then there's the sad case of Gordon Hayward. Also Horford is getting old, he's still pretty good but I can see him slowing down.

I'm not even totally sure what I mean by that, but it seems there are always distractions around him.

Gut instincts? Same issues we had after trading for Evan Turner. Super young guys starting to really look out for their next contracts and not necessarily gelling or playing team ball together.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 11:53 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Gut instincts? Same issues we had after trading for Evan Turner. Super young guys starting to really look out for their next contracts and not necessarily gelling or playing team ball together.

I think the Celtics made a huge mistake in trading for Irving. Thomas was damaged goods but they could have gotten a better team player and fit by trading Crowder and that Brooklyn #1 that became Collin Sexton, or maybe long term just kept them and let Thomas walk.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#27 » by Vorda » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:41 am

Now it will be very difficult in next 10 games... we are going to Millwaukee, Phily, Denver, Portland, Warriors, Thunder, Boston... every win will be like winning the championship... Boston and Phily will pass us... 5th place is reallity...
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#28 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 6, 2019 12:46 pm

Vorda wrote:Now it will be very difficult in next 10 games... we are going to Millwaukee, Phily, Denver, Portland, Warriors, Thunder, Boston... every win will be like winning the championship... Boston and Phily will pass us... 5th place is reallity...
I agree that Philly is likely to pass us, but we have a good chance to hold 4th ahead of Boston.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#29 » by Vorda » Wed Mar 6, 2019 12:50 pm

Wizop wrote:
Vorda wrote:Now it will be very difficult in next 10 games... we are going to Millwaukee, Phily, Denver, Portland, Warriors, Thunder, Boston... every win will be like winning the championship... Boston and Phily will pass us... 5th place is reallity...
I agree that Philly is likely to pass us, but we have a good chance to hold 4th ahead of Boston.

Sent from my phone.

Look at Boston Schedule... to easy... we cant hold 4th place... only if we take some big win on the road...
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:42 am

Boston beat the Warriors last night but they got a great game out of Hayward which has been the exception this season. Now Kyrie is out again. Like I said there is something wrong in Boston.

Return to Indiana Pacers