Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Re: Game Thread 03/05: Pacers vs. Bulls 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:33 pm

Vorda wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Vorda wrote:
To late... he will be 33 next year... we need younger and better PG...

Don't be too shocked if he's back on a smaller deal for 2 yrs. He's playing as well an he has at any time in his career. And we have 2 younger point men, Holiday and Joseph they just need to win the job.
That is a option... cause we have to resign Bojan, Thad and maybe Evans or Wes so we want have more space for one max contract... but I rather prefer Bledsoe or Rubio

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk

If we can get Thad to agree to something around $14m flat, and hold onto Bojan's cap hold (and later sign him at the highest his early bird rights allow of $18.375m), we could have almost $18m in cap space, most likely to use on 2 guys. Maybe Joseph is one of those two, or, we use it otherwise, and then use the room exception to bring back Collison for 2 years?

There's a lot of flexibility and a lot of options for this summer. I think we all agree, and reading the tea leaves from Pritchard, I don't think we're too far off, that Bojan and Thad will be priorities. I think unless we get notice that a premiere SF would sign here, Kawhi, Durant, or Klay (he and Vic could play the 2 and 3), Bojan is probably next on our board, not just at the position, but overall.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#22 » by Tom White » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:39 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:.....(snip...I think unless we get notice that a premiere SF would sign here, Kawhi, Durant, or Klay (he and Vic could play the 2 and 3), Bojan is probably next on our board, not just at the position, but overall.

I have wondered about how Klay would play without Curry. How much would that change his effectiveness?

Anyone have thoughts on that?
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#23 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:45 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:.....(snip...I think unless we get notice that a premiere SF would sign here, Kawhi, Durant, or Klay (he and Vic could play the 2 and 3), Bojan is probably next on our board, not just at the position, but overall.

I have wondered about how Klay would play without Curry. How much would that change his effectiveness?

He will not be as effective as he is now. He gets some WIDE open looks. But the dude knows how to cut and use to screens to get open. I think he is going to do just fine if he leaves. Don't think he is a number one, but will succeed anywhere as a #2.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Mar 7, 2019 3:16 pm

Tom White wrote:

I think he'll still be remarkably good. He shoots well from every range on the court, and isn't confined to corner 3's. He is assisted on over 90% of his 3's every year of his career, so he's not much of a pull up guy but more of a motion guy.

Return to Indiana Pacers