Jokic/Sabonis comparisons

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Re: Jokic/Sabonis comparisons 

Post#121 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 13, 2019 12:34 am

Boneman2 wrote:After seeing the responses on Rozier and looking over his career stats I am having second thoughts about him, as was mentioned, he is not really a true pg but rather a classic combo. I would definitely target Elfrid or make Malcolm Brogdon an offer Milwaukee couldn't match.

If I am adding a large salary it would be for players like Randle (18m), Tobias (22m), Butler (28m) or Klay ($30m).

Unfortunately, all those guys are going to command more than those offers, by quite a bit in some. Klay and Butler will, and should, Garner the max ($34m) Tobias will come darned close if he doesn’t get a max offer either ($34m). Randle will likely look for well north if $20m, but I would like him for sure, if he came for the $18m or less.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#122 » by Wizop » Mon May 13, 2019 7:03 am

why not lock this thread. it's moved off topic.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#123 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:24 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Giving Collison the $17+m required deal for one year (non guaranteeing the rest of the required 3 year minimum offer for a s&t) seems like an insane crazy idea.

So crazy it just might work :lol:

I think Conley is an All-Star in the East, but if acquiring him costs you all of your FAs plus the value needed to actually get him then it isn't worth it.

So crazy it seems like we’d have to compensate them extra :dontknow:

Conley is not worth 2 #1 picks, if a deal could be worked out for him, where we are sending Collison in an S&T with Doug, and TJ Leaf I might do that. But I can't see giving any more value than that when they get a huge amount of salary off their books. Conley is still a good player but he's turning 32 in October and he has a history of injuries, AND he's paid $32 million next year and $34 million in 2020-21. Too much risk on an older guy who won't be here in 3 years.

I'm not giving any #1 picks, they get cap relief and 2 young players and a bridge pg as compensation. AND I'm not even sure I'd do that.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#124 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 am

pacers70 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:Ok I get the love affair with Kemba. But if he says no.... what is everyone's plan moving forward?

I don't get all the talk about Kemba! He's the best player on a really bad team a team that could beat out Detroit, Brooklyn and Orlando for 8th and finished 9 games back of the Pacers when we were missing Victor for more than 1/2 the season.

I don't know what some of these guys are gonna do when he signs with the Knicks or Lakers. But Keep them away from the sharp objects and make sure the 3rd story windows are locked!

Kemba hasn’t had much help his entire career. The few years that he have some help (Al Jefferson), Charlotte made the playoffs.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if he had Oladipo, Bogey, Turner and Sabonis help him.

I call them Charlotto for a reason. They aren't any good, and he's their best player. You can say he has had no help, but a great player makes the players around him better. You put him on a good team with other options and all of a sudden he's not putting up the big numbers and he's costing you $34 million a year!! :crazy:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#125 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 am

boomershadow wrote:
pacers70 wrote:It would be interesting to see what would happen if he had Oladipo, Bogey, Turner and Sabonis help him.

This is my dream scenario for the summer.

Kemba is not a max player anyone who gives him 4 years and $34 million per year is gonna regret it. If he was getting $20-22 million I might be ok with that risk but if we give him the max it's gonna turn out bad.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#126 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:I would sign Rozier and ELfrid for $16m +/- combined rather than overpay for Conley or Kemba or DRuss. Paying elite money to upper-echelon PGs never computes to winning championships.

I think Elfrid could make it as a backup. I’m not sure Rozier’s role in the nba going forward. He’s not a defender. He’s not a shooter. He’s not a distributor. What is he?

Earlier this season and last year I thought Rozier was gonna develop into a very good pg, but now I'm in doubt. Could be that Kyrie just stunted his growth.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#127 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 am

pacers70 wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
I think Elfrid could make it as a backup. I’m not sure Rozier’s role in the nba going forward. He’s not a defender. He’s not a shooter. He’s not a distributor. What is he?

Everyone likes to hate on Rozier... but he's a sparkplug of energy and makes big shots at the right time it seems. Or is that just against us?

He's like a more hard-nosed, less goofy Lance.

We all ready have a better offensive version of Rozier in Aaron Holiday. We don’t need Rozier.

He might be but that's a lot of wishful thinking.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#128 » by 8305 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm occasionally seeing in these threads and hearing from radio commentators the notion that one of Sabonis or Turner needs to be traded to better balance the team. Looking at three of the four semi final series I'm seeing Denver, Portland, Toronto, Boston and the Bucks all liberally playing big lineups. It will be interesting to see how Portland matches up with the Warriors and assuming the Warriors advance will the Bucks or Raptors revert to all time small ball to match the Warriors. I wonder if what we are seeing in this round of the Playoffs impacts thoughts on the Sabonis/Turner playing combination.
Guzman_9
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#129 » by Guzman_9 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:05 pm

I hope there are rumors of Kyrie going to the Nets. That way BKN has to decide what to do with DLO come opening of FA. Pacers should be calling at 6:01 with a max offer sheet to DLo and see what BKN do. If it doesn’t work out then try and trade for Holiday.

I would probably pass on Kemba after reading comments and how little cap space we would have if we offered him 34 mil annually. At least DLo’s would “only” be 27 mil and he is still really young.
Pacer Fan. 8-)
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#130 » by Wizop » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

I hope we don't make a max offer to anyone. okay Durant. maybe PG.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers