Off Season Targets: Who interests you? Who should we keep an eye on?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: Off Season Targets: Who interests you? Who should we keep an eye on? 

Post#81 » by Tom White » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:17 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:I am intrigued by Jabari Parker, Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas, Danuel House, Thabo Sefolosha, Noah Vonleh, Trey Lyles, Stanley Johnson, Maybe Sam Dekker???

I like the idea of Vonleh as a possibly inexpensive back-up 4. Rose? I always thought he epitomized the words Entitlement Attitude. Lyles a bit the same as Rose, but maybe not as bad. With Parker, it seems like things have just never totally "clicked". Have no idea why. I think Thomas deserves a better ending to his story than he has gotten so far.
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#82 » by OnFire » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 am

Bleacher Report says Andrew Wiggins may be available. Talented young wing who could benefit from a change of scenery and culture.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842073

Pretty intrigued by this guy. You think he can fit and, if so, Pritch makes a move to get him?
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#83 » by MUpacersSIC » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:54 am

OnFire wrote:Bleacher Report says Andrew Wiggins may be available. Talented young wing who could benefit from a change of scenery and culture.

Pretty intrigued by this guy. You think he can fit and, if so, Pritch makes a move to get him?

He has the worst contract in the league. I was curious about adding him by sending McDermott, getting their draft pick with future picks, but that’s still a lot to take on.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#84 » by 8305 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 am

I can’t see a team hoping to compete that sees Wiggans as an option. Too much money going to a guy that to this point has not proven to be a winning level player. Evan if the offer was Wiggans and Culver for cap space I’m not sure I see it.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#85 » by pacers33granger » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:I am intrigued by Jabari Parker, Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas, Danuel House, Thabo Sefolosha, Noah Vonleh, Trey Lyles, Stanley Johnson, Maybe Sam Dekker???

Some of these guys are definitely buy low candidates, but the majority of them are that because of alleged work ethic issues, which we tend to stay away from.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 467

Post#86 » by granger05 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:26 am

Stanley Johnson didn't get a QO so he's unrestricted. I thought he'd be good, and apparently he still has a good defensive reputation. I'd be happy if we kicked the tires on a bargain bin contract for a young wing.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#87 » by MUpacersSIC » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:43 pm

granger05 wrote:Stanley Johnson didn't get a QO so he's unrestricted. I thought he'd be good, and apparently he still has a good defensive reputation. I'd be happy if we kicked the tires on a bargain bin contract for a young wing.

Yeah if you can get him cheap he'd be good to have on the bench when you need just pure defense.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 274

Post#88 » by HurricaneDij25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 pm

E'Twaun Moore
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington
Shelvin Mack

I actually prefer Payton on a short-term deal over Ricky Rubio. Sure, Rubio is the better player right now, but c'mon, where's the upside???

Mack did not receive much playing time at all for Charlotte after the trade deadline, and for that reason he could come at an extreme bargain in our efforts to replace Cory Joseph.

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#89 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:09 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:E'Twaun Moore
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington
Shelvin Mack

I actually prefer Payton on a short-term deal over Ricky Rubio. Sure, Rubio is the better player right now, but c'mon, where's the upside???

Mack did not receive much playing time at all for Charlotte after the trade deadline, and for that reason he could come at an extreme bargain in our efforts to replace Cory Joseph.

E’Twan Moore might take a 1st round pick to snag from New Orleans. His combo guard skills would be a nice fit though. I just don’t like giving up a 1st for him.

Elf is maybe worth a shot. I think he’d be more of a “platoon” option or maybe even a guy who falls behind Aaron in competition. Brings the defense of a Rubio and gets assists, but not quite a playmaker. Affordable though. His health is risky though, and he’s likely to miss 30 or so games a year. Still need a spot starter capable PG as your 3rd string.

Ellington is a real streaky kind of shooter. I think I’d rather play Doug at SG instead of signing him, and maybe also get some minutes for Sumner. I get it though. Might come for the room exception but might take a lot more. Hard to say. Wouldn’t argue it for sure.

Mack is a vet minimum 3rd string guy. All for it to eat some minutes here and there. Doesn’t really provide any one thing. Doesn’t kill you though. Great option as a vet minimum inactive kind of 3rd string PG. he wouldn’t be replacing Joseph, though. He’d be replacing Sumner’s emergency PG minutes.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#90 » by Boneman2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Elf is maybe worth a shot. I think he’d be more of a “platoon” option or maybe even a guy who falls behind Aaron in competition. Brings the defense of a Rubio and gets assists, but not quite a playmaker. Affordable though. His health is risky though, and he’s likely to miss 30 or so games a year. Still need a spot starter capable PG as your 3rd string.

Ironically, when Elfrid shared the court with Jrue, he ran the point shifting Jrue to SG. Maybe Aaron could slide over to SG at times, like his brother.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#91 » by Moooose » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:05 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/tomas-satoransky-set-enter-unpredictable-free-agent-market-point-guards

Not a big fan of Satoransky but he's solid in limited minutes. He played well when given time in Washington, and I personally think he's a starter-caliber player. Though I think the Pacers are interested in him for a back-up role.

He can play both guard spots and I think he'd be a good fit next to Oladipo and Holiday.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using RealGM mobile app
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#92 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 am

OnFire wrote:Bleacher Report says Andrew Wiggins may be available. Talented young wing who could benefit from a change of scenery and culture.

One of the worst contracts in the NBA! He's never been the player he was supposed to be. The only way I'd consider him is if I'm getting 3 unprotected #1's 2020, 2022 and 2024 with him.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#93 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 am

pacers33granger wrote:

Some of these guys are definitely buy low candidates, but the majority of them are that because of alleged work ethic issues, which we tend to stay away from.

I'd try out Stanley Johnson on a small contract but Jabari Parker is a garbage player, Dan Burke would probably kill him and hide the body in a dumpster behind the St Vincent center!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#94 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:27 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

I'd try out Stanley Johnson on a small contract but Jabari Parker is a garbage player, Dan Burke would probably kill him and hide the body in a dumpster behind the St Vincent center!

Parker is open that he doesn’t care about defense. That’s the kind of player we can’t do anything with. Bojan got better because he was willing to try and put in some effort and trust the staff. Those are the type of guys we’d have interest in.

Return to Indiana Pacers