Who plays the Guard spots?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: Who plays the Guard spots? 

Post#21 » by Tom White » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:10 pm

HopsandBarley wrote:Does a Brown and Langford swap for Turner make sense? I’m a Celtics fan I like both guys but Celtics need a big and Pacers need guards

Not in this lifetime.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#22 » by Boneman2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I expect the Pacers will be signing some guards soon after july 6th. Worst case I'm pretty sure they can get DC and Joseph back.

Hopefully the worst case doesn't come to pass. Since Holiday will presumably be our backup we need a starter and third string PG. Fortunately there appears to be many opportunities to securing a better starter than Darren (Rubio, GHill, Elfrid, Mudiay, IT, Rondo, Dunn, etc, etc), needless to say there are plenty of options. With that being said having Holiday as b/u would exclude re-signing DC or Corey as a b/u, and no way either re-sign to be 3rd string. And with third-string PGs at a dime a dozen rate filling this spot is not of great importance.

It will be much harder to fill the void at b/u SG but I might be inclined to look at Rodney Hood or Jeremy Lamb. Bullock and Burks are also possibilities for depth. Reddick and Ross will probably make a little too much.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#23 » by Wizop » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Boneman2 wrote:Rodney Hood or Jeremy Lamb.

pretty sure Lamb is over our budget unless we strike out on Bogie and I suspect Hood has higher hopes too.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#24 » by Lazlo4D » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:24 pm

For some reason Cleveland fans are down on Colin Sexton especially after they just drafted Darius Garland. Sexton just finished his rookie year and his highlights look good to me. Fan's gotta have patience with these young guys.

If we could trade some combination of SRP(s) and/or TJ Leaf for him, I think I do that ASAP.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#25 » by Pacers_Freak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:For some reason Cleveland fans are down on Colin Sexton especially after they just drafted Darius Garland. Sexton just finished his rookie year and his highlights look good to me. Fan's gotta have patience with these young guys.

If we could trade some combination of SRP(s) and/or TJ Leaf for him, I think I do that ASAP.

Cleveland isn’t accepting 2nd rounders and TJ Leaf for last years 8th pick.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#26 » by Lazlo4D » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Lazlo4D wrote:For some reason Cleveland fans are down on Colin Sexton especially after they just drafted Darius Garland. Sexton just finished his rookie year and his highlights look good to me. Fan's gotta have patience with these young guys.

Your probably right but who would have predicted TJ Warren and #32 for CASH. :wink:

I'd guess I'd consider putting a lottery protected FRP for Sexton mix too.

The Knicks are said to be offering Frank Ntilikina for a future SRP and he has looked good on court at times. Not sure if there are other issues.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842033-knicks-trade-rumors-frank-ntilikina-being-shopped-for-2nd-round-pick-in-draft
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#27 » by Boneman2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Wizop wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:Rodney Hood or Jeremy Lamb.

pretty sure Lamb is over our budget unless we strike out on Bogie and I suspect Hood has higher hopes too.

I’m thinking 8-10 per. Maybe you’re right.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#28 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:17 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:

I think I'd offer them a to 15 protected #1 and Leaf for Sexton.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#29 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 am

This is like those annoying fans on the trade board who think they can get Turner or Sabonis for a bad contract and a low pick, because the Pacers "have" to trade one of them.

Please, don't do that.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 am

winter_mute_13 wrote:

This is like those annoying fans on the trade board who think they can get Turner or Sabonis for a bad contract and a low pick, because the Pacers "have" to trade one of them.

Please, don't do that.

I don't see why they would want to trade Sexton. Drafting Garland seems redundant but I'm sure they won't give Sexton away.
pacers70
Junior
And1: 69

Post#31 » by pacers70 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:59 am

Call me crazy but if we can’t get Kemba or Russell, I’d bring back DC on a 1 year deal. I’d try Holiday as the starting PG and have DC for insurance.

Remember, Vic is going to miss the first 20-40 games. This is a good time to look at some of these young guys and see what we have.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,061

Post#32 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Your probably right but who would have predicted TJ Warren and #32 for CASH. :wink:

I'd guess I'd consider putting a lottery protected FRP for Sexton mix too.

The Knicks are said to be offering Frank Ntilikina for a future SRP and he has looked good on court at times. Not sure if there are other issues.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842033-knicks-trade-rumors-frank-ntilikina-being-shopped-for-2nd-round-pick-in-draft

It had been rumored for awhile that the Suns were looking to be done with a Warren and use this past season as enough value to hopefully just dump his contract while they could. I didn’t expect to get a 32, but definitely assumed he was the kind of guy a team could have for free if they were willing to eat the contract.

As for Sexton, the lost protection you could put on a 1st for him would be top 5-ish, I think. Most likely it’d take Dom.

For Ntilikina, he’s essentially only a defender. He can’t shoot, dribble, pass, or anything else. He’s been a horribly net negative offensively in his career, and he thinks he’s deserving of a starting spot, which is why they’d move him. He’d definitely be a situational 3rd PG type of player if acquired. Break glass in case of emergency.

Return to Indiana Pacers