Both
17%

Total votes: 30

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Poll: Sabonis for Brown 

Post#41 » by Topofthekey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Slightly off-topic, but when we talk about trades, there aren't actually a lot of trade options at the moment, mostly due to the fact that there isn't a position of weakness anymore among the starting 5

At Center, how many players would you definitely take over Myles?

Embiid, Jokic, KAT - but they are all not available

For the next tier of Centers, there are arguments to be made that we are better off keeping Myles:

Gobert (Myles is younger, not that much worse in defense, and much better offensively)
Vucevic (Myles is younger, and much better defensively)
Drummond (same argument as Vucevic)

And so on; we're better off keeping Myles basically. Same goes for the other positions

PF - who'll you take over Domas?

Anthony Davis, Zion, JJJ, Bagley (not available)
Blake Griffin & LMA (they're old)
Porzingis (injury concerns)
Tobias Harris (expensive)
Markkanen & Siakam (not THAT much better)

SF - who to take over Warren?

LBJ, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis, PG, Butler, Tatum (not available)
Hayward, Ingram (injury issues)
Jaylen Brown (not worth giving up Domas)

SG - we have Vic

PG - who to take over Brogdon?
Curry, Dame (not available)
Simmons (not available, bad fit)
Kemba, Russell, Holiday, Trae Young, DeAaron Fox (practically not available)
Westbrook, Chris Paul (old, expensive, just got traded for each other)
Wall (injury issues, expensive)
Lowry (old)
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#42 » by tor1234567 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:46 am

We'll give you OG Anunoby for Sabonis. OG has played in Indy, and this is a win win trade for both teams.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#43 » by winter_mute_13 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:09 pm

No thanks. How about you give us Siakam instead?

(See how this works?)
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#44 » by MUpacersSIC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm

tor1234567 wrote:We'll give you OG Anunoby for Sabonis. OG has played in Indy, and this is a win win trade for both teams.

I'd say Sabonis is definitely better and more impactful than OG at this point in his career.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,020

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm

tor1234567 wrote:We'll give you OG Anunoby for Sabonis. OG has played in Indy, and this is a win win trade for both teams.

That’s a bit of a weak offer right now. Plus, we really need a 4 and OG really seems best at 3, where were a bit heavy with Warren, McDermott, Lamb, and Brogdon all really able to play there. And, I think y’all really need OG long term with Kawhi gone now too.

But yeah, we should’ve taken the chance on OG instead of Leaf in that draft. Oh well. Can’t change the past.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#46 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Where's wacko
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,896

Post#47 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:29 am

Topofthekey wrote:Where's wacko

I'd been working quite a bit. OG for Sabonis is a joke! :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,254

Post#48 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

From an outsiders perspective, adding Jaylen Brown to your roster could be a great addition.

Brogdon
Oladipo
Jaylen Brown
Myles Turner

is a terrific rotation that can switch and guard and every position. Plus, JB has been dynamite in the post-season when given a clear role:

Read on Twitter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:From an outsiders perspective, adding Jaylen Brown to your roster could be a great addition.

Brogdon
Oladipo
Jaylen Brown
Myles Turner

is a terrific rotation that can switch and guard and every position. Plus, JB has been dynamite in the post-season when given a clear role:

Read on Twitter

Gotta make it a 3 team deal or else Jaylen will be our starting/primary 4 after this kind of deal. Or TJ Leaf plays 48 minutes at the 4 and Jaylen/Warren/Lamb/McDermott/Justin Holiday all split the 48 minutes at the 3.

If it was to be considered for Indy, it would’ve had to have been before free agency or in December where we can trade more of our new free agents.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#50 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm

What separates Sabonis from Enes Kanter? Great passing, slightly better defense.

I like Sabonis, but does anyone think he can turn himself into a great positional defender, shooter, or low post scorer? He grades out very well in some categories, but the rest are unknowns.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#51 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:52 pm

If Boston wanted to trade Jaylen Brown for a young big, there’s more value in Mo Bamba, Zach Collins.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#52 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Warren, McDermott, Sabonis is 5.5 million short of matching for Hayward - maybe that’s the start of a three-team deal..?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Warren, McDermott, Sabonis is 5.5 million short of matching for Hayward - maybe that’s the start of a three-team deal..?

Good way to get Tatum to Indy, too, since you’d be paying us to take on Hayward :wink:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:What separates Sabonis from Enes Kanter? Great passing, slightly better defense.

I like Sabonis, but does anyone think he can turn himself into a great positional defender, shooter, or low post scorer? He grades out very well in some categories, but the rest are unknowns.

Great passing. Much better defense since Kanter is non existent there. He’s a good positional defender at the 5 in terms of being able to use his body. Clean up his hand work to avoid the ticky fouls, and he’s a plus there. He’s a tremendous low post scorer though, and even with just his left hand, as he’s poor to his right hand, but that offers room for growth. Also, a very good jump shooter. He shot 74% at the rim and 49% from 3’-10’. Also, over 40% behind 16’ and 53% from 3 (in a tiny sample size).

Maybe you’re not familiar with Dom, though? Most of your issues were actually strengths of Dom.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#55 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:What separates Sabonis from Enes Kanter? Great passing, slightly better defense.

Great passing. Much better defense since Kanter is non existent there. He’s a good positional defender at the 5 in terms of being able to use his body. Clean up his hand work to avoid the ticky fouls, and he’s a plus there. He’s a tremendous low post scorer though, and even with just his left hand, as he’s poor to his right hand, but that offers room for growth. Also, a very good jump shooter. He shot 74% at the rim and 49% from 3’-10’. Also, over 40% behind 16’ and 53% from 3 (in a tiny sample size).

Maybe you’re not familiar with Dom, though? Most of your issues were actually strengths of Dom.

He’s not likely to ever be a rim protector, though, with short arms - he would have to develop his positional defense to an elite degree. His low post scoring is not bad (neither is Kanter’s- Enes could be an easy 20-10 guy a la David Lee with minutes) - and yeah, there’s hope for his shooting, but if we’re going to project remaining upside, Jaylen Brown comes out as Dipo tier or even better. Sabonis would be, like, a poor man’s Jokic.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#56 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Warren, McDermott, Sabonis is 5.5 million short of matching for Hayward - maybe that’s the start of a three-team deal..?

Good way to get Tatum to Indy, too, since you’d be paying us to take on Hayward :wink:

:nonono: If Hayward is healthy, that’s not enough value back from Indiana, and Boston would have to be able to find great return for Warren and McDermott to make it a good trade. But yeah, as we’ve discussed, if Hayward isn’t all the way back, it’s a very different market for him.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#57 » by pacers33granger » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:57 pm

We aren't giving up value to take on Boston's trash. Hayward wasn't worth that money when he was healthy and there's zero evidence he will ever be the same player again.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#58 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:04 pm

I don’t think there’s a deal, honestly - it seems like there should be a good match, but it’s very tough to balance the scales. Boston probably has more leverage because they’ve got Rob Williams in the pipeline, and Kanter in the short term. Indiana’s added Bitadze and they have to commit good money to Dom while betting he and Turner can mesh- even as either one as a foundation piece would mean different things for team-building.

I’d bet Sabonis is dealt somewhere other than Boston,

I could also see something with a healthy Hayward for Myles - I know that will make you all scream bloody murder, but if Sabonis is so good, you get some real synergy pairing him with Hayward - two very smart players, great passing, great off-ball play. Jaylen for Sabonis would take you in the opposite direction - more defense, speed, athleticism.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#59 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm

pacers33granger wrote:We aren't giving up value to take on Boston's trash. Hayward wasn't worth that money when he was healthy and there's zero evidence he will ever be the same player again.

I’m not saying you should take “trash”, this is contingent on Hayward being healthy. But the idea he wasn’t worth a max then is ...

I think you either pull off some kind of Sabonis/TJ/Aaron package for Brad Beal or you give him an extension and move from there. It’s a tough spot - I can’t see many teams with a need who have the pieces to trade for him.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#60 » by pacers33granger » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
I think you either pull off some kind of Sabonis/TJ/Aaron package for Brad Beal or you give him an extension and move from there. It’s a tough spot - I can’t see many teams with a need who have the pieces to trade for him.

I'd agree here in general, though Washington would want more and the fit is kind of weird as we'd be pretty small between Brogdon/Dipo/Beal but all three would def have to start.

I expect with Domas that we will sign him to an extension once he's done with international play. Pritchard said it was his next priority after all the signings.

Return to Indiana Pacers