Image

Pacers agree to S&T for Malcolm Brogdon

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Jake0890, pacerfan, Grang33r

User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 26,519
And1: 3,091
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Boneman2 wrote:PG: Malcolm / Holiday
SG: Dipo / Lamb / Sumner
SF: Warren / McDermott
PF: Sabonis
C : Turner / Goga

Who am I missing? How much cap space do we have left? What are some good options remaining? We need a backup 4 & 1 imo.

Cheick Diallo might be a sneaky good 4 to target.



Missing Leaf and Alize.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 57,725
And1: 31,727
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Congrats..that's the guy I most wanted for the Suns.
Boneman2
General Manager
Posts: 7,641
And1: 1,005
Joined: Jul 07, 2003
Location: Indy
       

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#23 » by Boneman2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Boneman2 wrote:PG: Malcolm / Holiday
SG: Dipo / Lamb / Sumner
SF: Warren / McDermott / Alize
PF: Sabonis / Leaf
C : Turner / Goga

Who am I missing? How much cap space do we have left? What are some good options remaining? We need a backup 4 & 1 imo.

Cheick Diallo might be a sneaky good 4 to target.


Fixed. Thanks Scoot.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
User avatar
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,845
And1: 1,388
Joined: Oct 08, 2003
 

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#24 » by winter_mute_13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Whoa... don't like giving up a first, but I understand it.

Can't accuse the Pacers of settling now. Brogdon is a top tier FA. Money is about expected for him. Too bad about Bojan though.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,062
And1: 1,502
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#25 » by Wizop » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Boneman2 wrote:PG: Malcolm / Holiday
SG: Dipo / Lamb / Sumner
SF: Warren / McDermott
PF: Sabonis
C : Turner / Goga

Who am I missing? How much cap space do we have left? What are some good options remaining? We need a backup 4 & 1 imo.

Cheick Diallo might be a sneaky good 4 to target.
You are missing Leaf and Alize.

Sent from my phone.
Boneman2
General Manager
Posts: 7,641
And1: 1,005
Joined: Jul 07, 2003
Location: Indy
       

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#26 » by Boneman2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Wizop wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:PG: Malcolm / Holiday
SG: Dipo / Lamb / Sumner
SF: Warren / McDermott
PF: Sabonis
C : Turner / Goga

Who am I missing? How much cap space do we have left? What are some good options remaining? We need a backup 4 & 1 imo.

Cheick Diallo might be a sneaky good 4 to target.
You are missing Leaf and Alize.

Sent from my phone.


After adding them in what position do we need to target?

Do you know how much we have left (I'd like Scoot to break this down if possible)
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
basketballwacko2
RealGM
Posts: 14,922
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 11, 2002
Location: Just outside of No where.
     

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#27 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21


Pacers robbed them!!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
Posts: 14,922
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 11, 2002
Location: Just outside of No where.
     

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#28 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 pm

boomershadow wrote:I mean, I like it. I do.



Brogdon was the guy I said I wanted most about 3-4 months ago!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:



:rockon:
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,062
And1: 1,502
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#29 » by Wizop » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Boneman2 wrote:
After adding them in what position do we need to target?

Do you know how much we have left (I'd like Scoot to break this down if possible)
Depends how you feel about Vic. If he's close we need a 4. If not, we need a wing. We have roster spots for both but only at near minimum deals.

Sent from my phone.
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 552
And1: 304
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#30 » by Tom White » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Boneman2 wrote:PG: Malcolm / Holiday
SG: Dipo / Lamb / Sumner
SF: Warren / McDermott
PF: Sabonis
C : Turner / Goga

Who am I missing? How much cap space do we have left? What are some good options remaining? We need a backup 4 & 1 imo.

Cheick Diallo might be a sneaky good 4 to target.


You are missing TJ Leaf for one.
User avatar
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,845
And1: 1,388
Joined: Oct 08, 2003
 

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#31 » by winter_mute_13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

Boneman2 wrote:
After adding them in what position do we need to target?

Do you know how much we have left (I'd like Scoot to break this down if possible)


Might need another PG. Brogdon played a lot of 2 in Milwaukee. Could be he'd do the same here too.

I'd wait for Scoot to confirm, but I have it as under $6m in cap space left, plus the room exception.
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 14,425
And1: 5,060
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#32 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

What role do you guys see Brogdon in?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
Pacersike
Veteran
Posts: 2,948
And1: 684
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#33 » by Pacersike » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Up next are a cheap vet point guard and a cheap vet forward.

We gained scoring and rebounding, but health, passing and defense still have to be improved.

Or perhaps we are going to run much of our offense trough our Jokic light duo :)
User avatar
Pacersike
Veteran
Posts: 2,948
And1: 684
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#34 » by Pacersike » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:04 am

TroyD92 wrote:What role do you guys see Brogdon in?

It looks like we will have a rather big lineup in Brogdon/Lamb-Oladipo/Warren/Sabonis/Turner so we will have to exploit our size advantage and him and Oladipo will share ballhandling duties with Sabonis getting a lot of touches as well to create opportunities.

If they use him to iniate much of the offense, it will not end well for the Pacers and for Brogdon, considering his injury history.

We likely will attempt to persuade other teams to play slower and bigger again, if things work out for us.
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 14,425
And1: 5,060
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#35 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:06 am

Pacersike wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:What role do you guys see Brogdon in?

It looks like we will have a rather big lineup in Brogdon/Lamb-Oladipo/Warren/Sabonis/Turner so we will have to exploit our size advantage and him and Oladipo will share ballhandling duties with Sabonis getting a lot of touches as well to create opportunities.

If they use him to iniate much of the offense, it will not end well for the Pacers and for Brogdon, considering his injury history.

We likely will attempt to persuade other teams to play slower and bigger again, if things work out for us.


Yeah Brogdon is a really good player in his role, but I'd be worried about giving him more responsibilities as a ball handler and playmaker. Hope it works out well for you guys. 8-)
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
Damkac
Veteran
Posts: 2,769
And1: 2,386
Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Location: Poland

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#36 » by Damkac » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:08 am

Great move and great offseason overall for Pacers. You will have interesting team especially with Oladipo back.
Image
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 3,096
And1: 2,815
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#37 » by boomershadow » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:09 am

I don't love going back to a double combo guard back court.
User avatar
Pacersike
Veteran
Posts: 2,948
And1: 684
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#38 » by Pacersike » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:11 am

TroyD92 wrote:
Pacersike wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:What role do you guys see Brogdon in?

It looks like we will have a rather big lineup in Brogdon/Lamb-Oladipo/Warren/Sabonis/Turner so we will have to exploit our size advantage and him and Oladipo will share ballhandling duties with Sabonis getting a lot of touches as well to create opportunities.

If they use him to iniate much of the offense, it will not end well for the Pacers and for Brogdon, considering his injury history.

We likely will attempt to persuade other teams to play slower and bigger again, if things work out for us.


Yeah Brogdon is a really good player in his role, but I'd be worried about giving him more responsibilities as a ball handler and playmaker. Hope it works out well for you guys. 8-)

True, Lamb and Warren actually are pretty good at creating offense as well. I prefer Brogdon to play the 2 as well, but with his salary he is supposed to start next to Oladipo and we have to wait how that works out.

Thanks for the positive vibes. See ya in the EC finals :)
basketballwacko2
RealGM
Posts: 14,922
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 11, 2002
Location: Just outside of No where.
     

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#39 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:12 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21


Pacers robbed them!!



OK when I first saw this I thought it said 2 2nds, but then I saw it was a 1st and 2 2nds so not a robbery. Lets hope the first is top 25 protected if that's legal?
User avatar
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,845
And1: 1,388
Joined: Oct 08, 2003
 

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcom Brogdon 

Post#40 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:20 am

boomershadow wrote:I don't love going back to a double combo guard back court.


We're the Pacers. We like combo guards, LOL.

Return to Indiana Pacers