Justin Holiday still considering the Pacers

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Justin Holiday still considering the Pacers 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:51 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Gotta find extra value somehow as a small market team. Larry's was guys ...

I'd say Larry kept taking guys he valued based on how he remembered their game from their prime years while their current team knew they'd declined. and then there's Scola, Murphy, Dunleavy, Plumlee, Miller, etc. BWPA.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#22 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:29 pm

Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Gotta find extra value somehow as a small market team. Larry's was guys ...

I'd say Larry kept taking guys he valued based on how he remembered their game from their prime years while their current team knew they'd declined. and then there's Scola, Murphy, Dunleavy, Plumlee, Miller, etc. BWPA.

Yeah I could deal with the talented with issues guys but those were the deals that most could see failing from a mile away.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#23 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:56 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Yeah I could deal with the talented with issues guys but those were the deals that most could see failing from a mile away.

actually Murphy and Dunleavy were no issue guys picked up when we had to clean house after the brawl. I can't fault those trades. Scola was different.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#24 » by SmashMouthRod » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:42 pm

This seems like a move that would help to comfort his younger brother Aaron. Additionally could position Indy to be a destination for Jrue in a year or so if the Pels situation doesn't work out too well. I like the idea of Justin Holiday but I would prefer a guy who is more of a 4 that can play the three to aid defending switching lineups.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#25 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:13 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:This seems like a move that would help to comfort his younger brother Aaron. Additionally could position Indy to be a destination for Jrue in a year or so if the Pels situation doesn't work out too well. I like the idea of Justin Holiday but I would prefer a guy who is more of a 4 that can play the three to aid defending switching lineups.

Yeah, this may be an underrated benefit. I’m sure the competitiveness of growing up with his siblings may be the kind of thing that helps him keep his focus, both of them. I’m not sure we need another wing if we plan on only keeping 14, but having good players is usually a good thing.

Return to Indiana Pacers