Paul George forces his second trade in barely two years...

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Paul George forces his second trade in barely two years... 

Post#1 » by HurricaneDij25 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:18 am

Who here is shocked???

Hint: Not me. :D
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Re: Paul George forces his second trade in barely two years... 

Post#2 » by Pacersike » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:06 am

We are better off without him and so are the Thunder and even if we didn't get much in return, just look at him.

He is going where his heart is. Dude has some serious flaws, but who doesn't? Time to let go of the negatives in the past and remember only the positive stuff. No ECF without him.

Read on Twitter
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#3 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:07 am

There is total Chaos on the lakers board! They are tripping hard!
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#4 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:15 am

On the one hand, I have to laugh at both PG and Kawhi spurning the Lakers for the Clippers. On the other hand... Well actually there's no other hand. The trade worked out for us even if it didn't seem so at the time. I'm good :) It's pure popcorn time for me right now LOL
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:49 am

winter_mute_13 wrote:On the one hand, I have to laugh at both PG and Kawhi spurning the Lakers for the Clippers. On the other hand... Well actually there's no other hand. The trade worked out for us even if it didn't seem so at the time. I'm good :) It's pure popcorn time for me right now LOL

I'm not feeling sorry for the Lakers at all. They had the mentality that they were gonna get anyone they wanted to build their super team. I said when Leonard didn't sign by Tuesday that he was gonna be a clipper, and he might have been jerking the Lakers chains a bit.

This signing and the trade for PG is hitting them harder than the earthquake and aftershocks. What's gonna happen on the court for them with AD and LBJ? Who knows if either of them misses much game time they are gonna struggle.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#6 » by Grang33r » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:30 pm

He’s just very easily influenced
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#7 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:42 pm

did PG force the trade or did Kawhi? seems like a bit of both with Kawhi saying he'd go to either the Clips or Raptors and maybe more if they'd trade for PG.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#8 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:31 pm

Honestly I'm happy for PG that he gets to play in his hometown. I'm bummed as a fan of Westbrook that he keeps getting screwed, but OKC got a nice haul and likely a better one than the AD deal depending on how you feel about their prospects. Also bummed for OKC fans, but I imagine they're ok given the package coming back and the uncertainty with PG's health and his general streakiness.

Screw Mintz though. I'll always be salty at that guy for how he played the situation.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#9 » by ahartleyvu » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:53 pm

Can’t believe PG13 is receiving zero negative media coverage on this. He almost ruined our franchise for several years. How lucky are we that Dipo and Sabonis ended up awesome? Value wise we were robbed in that trade because he went public with trade demands.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:55 pm

ahartleyvu wrote:Can’t believe PG13 is receiving zero negative media coverage on this. He almost ruined our franchise for several years. How lucky are we that Dipo and Sabonis ended up awesome? Value wise we were robbed in that trade because he went public with trade demands.

Oh, I’m sure he will be the next couple days. The trade only occurred late late last night/early this morning, so the shock and processing is happening first. I’m sure we’ll get a Doyel thinkpiece, a Skip rant, etc.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,265

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:20 pm

Paul George is pretty desperate to be "one of those players" that isn't just Max contract worthy, but also makes playoff noise, wins rings, gets awards, big endorsements, has franchises bidding to acquire him, gets talked about on ESPN everyday, so on and so forth.

Being in SoCal and teaming up with MVP and FMVP types is a way to do that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:39 pm

In all fairness to PG, he did grow up a Clippers fan and professed that from the time he was drafted.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#13 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:39 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I’m sure we’ll get a Doyel thinkpiece

Doyle has already posted his stinkpiece where he declares the Pacers dead for all time. I so hope he's wrong and team ball can win out over hero ball no matter how many heroes a team has.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#14 » by Tom White » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:12 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I’m sure we’ll get a Doyel thinkpiece

Doyle has already posted his stinkpiece where he declares the Pacers dead for all time. I so hope he's wrong and team ball can win out over hero ball no matter how many heroes a team has.

Someone still reads Doyel?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#15 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:54 pm

Tom White wrote:Someone still reads Doyel?

only when the headline grabs my attention.
MNPacersfan
Junior
And1: 14

Post#16 » by MNPacersfan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:07 pm

Honestly, this sounds less forced than the first time. He talked to Leonard, then OKC got a huge haul for him. They knew he wasn't going to be happy in OKC once he had that flirtation with a chance to go home and honestly, he wasn't doing anything for the franchise. Westbrook seems to be a tough fella to get along with so there may have been some friction there as well. I often wonder where the franchise would be if they had hung onto Harden rather than Westbrook during the winter of, "It's either him or me."

It just doesn't feel like he's headed for Jimmy "I don't like it here" Butler territory.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:17 pm

MNPacersfan wrote:Honestly, this sounds less forced than the first time. He talked to Leonard, then OKC got a huge haul for him. They knew he wasn't going to be happy in OKC once he had that flirtation with a chance to go home and honestly, he wasn't doing anything for the franchise. Westbrook seems to be a tough fella to get along with so there may have been some friction there as well. I often wonder where the franchise would be if they had hung onto Harden rather than Westbrook during the winter of, "It's either him or me."

It just doesn't feel like he's headed for Jimmy "I don't like it here" Butler territory.

Leonard talked to him, and then Paul George went to Presti, and shocked him with a trade demand to play with Leonard in LA. Presti used the "play with Leonard" part to play Toronto off of LA, but it was clearly a quick, immediate, and shocking trade demand to one team.

That OKC got a huge haul for him is wonderful for them, in a quick, and annoying circumstance.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#18 » by SmashMouthRod » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm

He wanted LA all along. I think his choices were also predicated on winning. Our team had little upside when he decided to leave. He never asked to be dealt to OKC. When he was a free agent both LA teams were a joke compared to the perceived opportunity he should've had with Westbrook in OKC so he stayed. Additionally I dont think he ever wanted to play with Lebron (Lakers or Cavs). Kawhi came along campaigning for the Clippers (his childhood favorite team that also was LA) and all bets were off.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,265

Post#19 » by boomershadow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I wonder if OKC informally said something along the lines of "sign this contract, get your money now, and if you want a trade later on we will accommodate you, and at least we won't lose you for nothing."
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:43 pm

boomershadow wrote:I wonder if OKC informally said something along the lines of "sign this contract, get your money now, and if you want a trade later on we will accommodate you, and at least we won't lose you for nothing."

Hard to say. But, judging by the shock described about Presti, this definitely wasn't in their plans, per se.

Return to Indiana Pacers