Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Re: Trey Lyles 

Post#21 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Trey is likely a one year vet minimum contract kind of guy.

Well, I'm a fool.

Lyles got a 2 yr/$11m deal in San Antonio. Granted, they were under a weird pressure since Marcus Morris was leaving them in a lurch after they had already dealt out Bertans to clear the MLE to sign Morris with, but still. A lot more than I thought.

Yeah I think that's way too much for what he's shown. But, as you point out, they got screwed with the Morris deal and had to scramble (though as a Morris hater I think they got saved by NY). Then again I was also shocked Stanley Johnson got more than the minimum.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Re: Trey Lyles 

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Trey is likely a one year vet minimum contract kind of guy.

Well, I'm a fool.

Lyles got a 2 yr/$11m deal in San Antonio. Granted, they were under a weird pressure since Marcus Morris was leaving them in a lurch after they had already dealt out Bertans to clear the MLE to sign Morris with, but still. A lot more than I thought.

Yeah I think that's way too much for what he's shown. But, as you point out, they got screwed with the Morris deal and had to scramble (though as a Morris hater I think they got saved by NY). Then again I was also shocked Stanley Johnson got more than the minimum.

Yup. How on earth did Stanley Johnson get a 2 year deal (with a player option) at double the minimum when RHJ got a one year vet minimum? That, while super small, makes little sense to me.

Return to Indiana Pacers