Sabonis

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Sabonis 

Post#61 » by Moooose » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Sam Amick: Sources, at @TheAthletic: One of the NBA’s best young big men might be on the move. Darren Wolfson: Told #Twolves talked to Indiana about him in June. There’s no sense that any recent talks have happened though. But it remains fascinating to track this front office’s aggressiveness. It’s a matter of when, not if, they execute more trades.

Saw this on Hoopshype.

Minnesota? I personally think this could work and I can see Sabonis flourishing next to KAT in Minnesota's starting lineup. They could then put Culver at the starting SF spot that can be interchangeable with Wiggins at the 2.

For the Pacers, Covington would look nice next to Warren on a flexible set-up to cover both forward spots. Dieng is also a possibility, IMO, depending on who the Pacers give up, but I'd prefer Covington any time of the day. Some other guys I want from Minnesota would be Jordan Bell but he can't be traded until December if I am not mistaken, and Josh Okogie. Though I think Minnesota would rather keep Okogie.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens come deadline. It could be the back-up plan for the Pacers after all.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,021

Post#62 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Moooose wrote:
Sam Amick: Sources, at @TheAthletic: One of the NBA’s best young big men might be on the move. Darren Wolfson: Told #Twolves talked to Indiana about him in June. There’s no sense that any recent talks have happened though. But it remains fascinating to track this front office’s aggressiveness. It’s a matter of when, not if, they execute more trades.

Saw this on Hoopshype.

Minnesota? I personally think this could work and I can see Sabonis flourishing next to KAT in Minnesota's starting lineup. They could then put Culver at the starting SF spot that can be interchangeable with Wiggins at the 2.

For the Pacers, Covington would look nice next to Warren on a flexible set-up to cover both forward spots. Dieng is also a possibility, IMO, depending on who the Pacers give up, but I'd prefer Covington any time of the day. Some other guys I want from Minnesota would be Jordan Bell but he can't be traded until December if I am not mistaken, and Josh Okogie. Though I think Minnesota would rather keep Okogie.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens come deadline. It could be the back-up plan for the Pacers after all.

Have to assume this is where some of the rumors of Indy having a chance to have traded into the top 10 came from. Likely a draft pick deal? Who knows if that would’ve meant keeping Thad though.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 921

Post#63 » by Tom White » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:38 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:I think the Hield extension is good news. Hield was talking tough too not so long ago. But the 2 sides found a compromise.

Hield's contract is very heavy on the incentives. Reportedly 4/$86m with up to $20m more in bonuses. Might be that the Pacers and Domas can do something similar to bring their numbers together.

I think Hield's comments put him somewhere between being immature or someone who just thinks way too much of himself. Yes, he is a good player, but what has he really done?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#64 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 2, 2019 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers