Game Thread 10/23 - Pistons vs. Pacers

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Re: Game Thread 10/23 - Pistons vs. Pacers 

Post#41 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Wizop wrote:back to backs are hard but it isn't a good sign that after beating us Detroit lost in Atlanta.

Wouldn't put too much stock into it. Atlanta fresh as can be and Detroit back to back. Atlanta shot over 51% and Detroit shot 41% and 27% from 3. Life in the Association.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 921

Post#42 » by Tom White » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Grang33r wrote:I think you guys are highly underrating Drummand. He has that type of stat line pretty often.

Drummond looked all-world in that game. His offense had certainly improved and I don't remember him handling the ball or moving with it as smoothly before. He really was terrific.

My biggest concern with Turner isn't his lack of defense vs a guy like Drummand but on some of those rebounds, he just plays it a bit too soft and gets out muscled to the ball. One play late in the game he went soft for the rebound and someone out muscled him to it, the got loose and Derrick Rose recovered it. Not a good look, but i think Drummand is a beast.

That has always been one of Myles' downfalls (the "softness" label). Didn't he get kind of called out by a teammate last year for "softness" and then came out the next couple of games like he was on a mission?
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#43 » by Pacersike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Also, this is why Turner still doesn't belong in any DPOY conversation. If he is such a great defender, we would put him on Drummond and Drummond would never torch us like this. Embiid does it, Gobert does it at the WC. You are not the best if it happens to you. No matter how many smaller guys he can stop, you have to be able to hold your own against the best centers.

I think you guys are highly underrating Drummand. He has that type of stat line pretty often. My biggest concern with Turner isn't his lack of defense vs a guy like Drummand but on some of those rebounds, he just plays it a bit too soft and gets out muscled to the ball. One play late in the game he went soft for the rebound and someone out muscled him to it, the got loose and Derrick Rose recovered it. Not a good look, but i think Drummand is a beast.

You seem to have the Peck disease. It's Drummond, not Drummand. We all love to have our own opinions looked upon as the truth, but what can not get disputed at all, we don't mind having wrong? DJ Augustine, TJ McCollum, Brogdan, can somebody explain to me why names are not important? It's just weird on fora where we all try to be as correct as possible with our own words.

2 games, I found 2 games where Drummond had at least 30 points and 20 rebounds in the past .
1 game was 4OT, the other one was one OT. The OT game was against Gobert though :lol:
So we both have learned something today. Even the DPOY can sometimes allow dominant production from his opponent.
For Turner it happened now in game 1, but he has plenty of games left to show he has taken another step forward defensively.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#44 » by Pacersike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Wizop wrote:back to backs are hard but it isn't a good sign that after beating us Detroit lost in Atlanta.

New stars are popping up: Trae Young, Doncic, Ayton until.

Those type of players change the game in a way only Victor can for the Pacers.

We will have a hard time beating those teams, cuz we need team chemistry to stop those supreme talented players.

Return to Indiana Pacers