Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Re: Game 2: Indiana Pacers (0-1) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (0-1) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Jake0890 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 am

Sumner showing some flashes, but this game is embarrassing.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#3 » by Grang33r » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:53 am

It's only two games but the Pacers look like trash.

-TJ Warren's Pacers career off to a very cold start and we are still not too sure if he can play defense.
-McDermott when he misses, he misses, not even close.
-Turner and Sabonis got outrebounded badly. Just a soft display by both of them. Constantly giving the Cavs second chance points.
-Besides when it was 5-0, it was literally all Cavs tonight, yet Aaron Holiday couldnt get any minutes? So bizarre.
-Foul trouble right from the get go.

-Brogdon looked great again. No question about it, hes the best player on this team. (not counting Vic)
-Sumner is all-hustle and looked good at times. In the right small he'll be interesting to watch as he develops and maybe by mid-to-late season he could be a real contributor to the offense.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#4 » by Moooose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:09 am

Myles' defense is laughable. Looks like he isn't even sure if he's a forward or a center on defense. Non-DPOY type of games so far. Him contesting shots is either too late, too soft, or not present at all.

This team badly needs a stretch 4, IMO, to put everyone in their places. This Myles - Domas tandem up front isn't promising. And no, I am not talking about Warren at the 4. I am missing Thad Young already.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#5 » by Pacersike » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:06 am

Interesting game.

Domas struggled to defend the perimeter and in the same game struggled to rebound the ball.
They pull him away from the basket and he is too slow to get back for rebounds?
Sabonis also struggles to defend the inside, but at least he can take full advantage of one of strengths then: rebounding.

A candidate for DPOY plays 2 games and in both 2 games he gets pushed around by his opponent.

Brogdon looking really good, as a shooting guard.

Victor, got to admire his personality.

I'm not even going to bother to discuss our non core pieces. Many of them are struggling, we will see (much) later which players will have a future with this team.

What worries me is A we don't have elite talent on our roster besides Victor and B we have 2 core pieces that I think are not playing their best position and C you have to have at least one of 2, elite talent or putting all the pieces at the right place.
reflex35
Rookie
And1: 672

Post#6 » by reflex35 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 am

Both Myles Domas looked really bad.
Love and Thompson did everything they wanted to do.

They need to step up, they are not just young and upcoming players anymore. Both have huge contracts.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#7 » by Vorda » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:36 am

I knew that there will be problems with this roster... we should hold Thad and Bojan and only sign Brogdon... now until Vic return we will be the worst team in league
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#8 » by Revived » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Grang33r wrote:TJ Warren's Pacers career off to a very cold start and we are still not too sure if he can play defense.

Take it from someone who has watched him play for years, he cannot. Numerous coaches both in college and the pros have tried to get him to put in effort on that end but to no luck.

He is a high volume, efficient scorer though. Literally a walking bucket.

Once Oladipo comes back and the Pacers get out of this funk, they need to make Warren the 6th man and I will wager a good amount of $$$ that Warren finishes at least top 5 in 6MOY voting.

He’s the second best scorer on the entire Pacers roster behind only Oladipo. He just needs the opportunity to show it.

But don’t expect anything else from him because he cannot do anything else besides score (which is unbelievable value at his contract). He’s basically the SF version of Lou Williams.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,196

Post#9 » by boomershadow » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Almost no chance Warren gets a 6th man role, imo.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#10 » by Topofthekey » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:36 am

I also think Warren will flourish in a 6th man role where he's given the freedom to score

But the question is, who is the starting SF then

Why was Domas the one defending Kevin Love and not Myles

I'm at this point secretly hoping the Pacers would start the season 0-8 so that they finally decide to move Nate to an executive position and bring in a better coach - Nate's terrible at developing young players, and by the looks of this season so far, he's not able to fully take advantage of the scoring talent the team has
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,196

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

Topofthekey wrote:I'm at this point secretly hoping the Pacers would start the season 0-8 so that they finally decide to move Nate to an executive position and bring in a better coach - Nate's terrible at developing young players, and by the looks of this season so far, he's not able to fully take advantage of the scoring talent the team has

Nate can't develop young talent, can't install a modern NBA offense, lags way behind making adjustments over the course of a season, has an overrated reputation as a defensive coach even though he isn't really in charge of the defense on this team, and has a horrible postseason W/L record.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#12 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:56 pm

I am not a Nate apologist by any means but:

A. We are 2 games into and 82 game season. Let's see what happens.
B. Without Vic there are some serious roster issues with the club. Hell think there are issues with Vic, but without him its not good. I mean I know people on here really love him and that is great, but Edmund Sumner started an NBA game on Saturday. That's not good.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 921

Post#13 » by Tom White » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I'm at this point secretly hoping the Pacers would start the season 0-8 so that they finally decide to move Nate to an executive position and bring in a better coach

OK. Great. Now, who are you going to bring in with the season well underway at that point? Got a list in your pocket? After all, most GM's or college AD's have a list. So, who is the rescuer you are bringing in to right the ship?

Return to Indiana Pacers