Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Nov 5, 2019 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Game 7: Indiana Pacers (3-3) @ Charlotte Hornets (3-3) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Topofthekey » Wed Nov 6, 2019 3:02 am

Goga's inexperience showed, especially against Biyombo

Their 2RP guard had a career night - this is almost a tradition now, no-name bench players having great games against the Pacers

Pacers only had like what, 6 FTs the entire game?

Brogdon, Warren, Lamb, all played well and Lamb bailed the team out with a few tough clutch baskets towards the end

The defensive end was where the problem was at - interior defense was almost non existent

On one of the last few possessions of the game, after both Leaf and Goga had fouled out, Pacers defense was breaking down and everyone was scrambling, and during the chaos Brogdon was the only one who had the presence of mind to look around and realize no one was defending Biyombo, and he took it upon himself to at least try; the whole sequence was a little comical, you can almost caption the thought bubble above his head - "Guys? Excuse me wth?"
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#3 » by Wizop » Wed Nov 6, 2019 3:02 am

tough call at end but we wouldn't have been ahead had they played BB sooner. our best two centers were hurt and he fouled out the next two.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
AussiePacer
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#4 » by AussiePacer » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:57 am

Disappointing to lose after being in a good position.

We are going to struggle until we get Turner and Sabonis back with our D so hoping they're back soon. I've only caught the first half on my way home but noticed Warren hesitate a few times leading to a breakdown. He will improve.

The upshot is we are going to be a pretty solid team when our big 4 all play together.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 921

Post#5 » by Tom White » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:45 pm

Hate to say it because the guy is a Hoosier (high school and college), but I knew we were in trouble when the Hornets took Zeller out of the game. That guy has never impressed me. :)
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,021

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:30 pm

Tom White wrote:Hate to say it because the guy is a Hoosier (high school and college), but I knew we were in trouble when the Hornets took Zeller out of the game. That guy has never impressed me. :)

Depends on the night. He's definitely more of an offensive helper in that he sets good screens, gets rebounds, can hit a jumper outside of the lane so it opens up a bit. But, when you have a backup guard going for 30+, offense isn't as much a necessity and a big who can defend and just bowl over guys can help you a bit more.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,896

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:39 am

Biyombo has given the pacers fits before. He's my G-League scrub of the night. Remember that's the award to the bench warmer who normally gets 2 pts a game when he plays getting his season high against the pacers! :evil:
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,196

Post#8 » by boomershadow » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:24 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Biyombo has given the pacers fits before. He's my G-League scrub of the night. Remember that's the award to the bench warmer who normally gets 2 pts a game when he plays getting his season high against the pacers! :evil:

It makes sense though. Biyombo may not be amazing, but he definitely has NBA strength and athleticism and years of experience. Against a center rotation of a 20 year old rookie and a 4/5 who is better on offense than defense, that basically makes him Shaq.

Return to Indiana Pacers