Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: TJ Warren 

Post#41 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 11:12 pm

nzahir wrote:
Wizop wrote:
nzahir wrote:Interest in moving your 1st, future 2nd and Sampson?
1st went to Milwaukee in Brogdon deal.

Sent from my phone.

Slipped my mind, a future top 12 protected first? Or not enough interest

The only player on the team that I'm not liking right now is Leaf, I'd trade him and a 2nd for something, I'd like to have a guy to play pf who can play. I think that's our thin spot we've been using McD and Warren at the PF both of them are really SF's. McD is doing a good job and Warren is playing well, but neither of them are PF's.

There are a lot of teams that are gonna wish they'd taken that deal to get TJ Warren.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#42 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 11:16 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:Warren has been a great acquisition but I really like Lamb and Brogdon is better still. And JHoliday and TJM fit. Even if Vic starts on a pitch count, there is going to be real competition for minutes.

Sent from my phone.

I think all the new guys are making good contributions. With Lamb...his shot just looks so effortless and smooth. I am actually surprised when he misses one.

You know when he was in college I thought he was gonna be a star, so far his NBA career has been disappointing but last year and so far for the Pacers he's been solid. I'd say he is a value guy for us. When VIc comes back the question will be who starts at SF? Warren or Lamb?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#43 » by Wizop » Sun Dec 8, 2019 9:42 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:When VIc comes back the question will be who starts at SF? Warren or Lamb?

and what to do with Aaron, McDermott, and Sumner. you can get Vic, Lamb, and Warren 32 minutes each if Vic gets 32 at 2, Warren 32 at 3, and Lamb gets 16 at 2 and 16 at 3, but that takes up all of the minutes at 2 and 3 and Brogdon and McConnell can use up 48 at the 1. so barring injury how do we keep everyone happy?
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#44 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 9, 2019 1:25 am

Wizop wrote:..........so barring injury how do we keep everyone happy?

One way to keep them happy is just by winning.
A lot of players would be just as happy to get 24-25 minutes on a winning team as they would be to get 32 minutes on a .500 team.

The other thing is, with the injury history of this team so far, playing time may not become a worry anyway. Hope that part doesn't hold true, but so far....
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#45 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 10:59 pm

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:When VIc comes back the question will be who starts at SF? Warren or Lamb?

and what to do with Aaron, McDermott, and Sumner. you can get Vic, Lamb, and Warren 32 minutes each if Vic gets 32 at 2, Warren 32 at 3, and Lamb gets 16 at 2 and 16 at 3, but that takes up all of the minutes at 2 and 3 and Brogdon and McConnell can use up 48 at the 1. so barring injury how do we keep everyone happy?

I'd say if they are all healthy we have a good problem.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#46 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 11:00 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:..........so barring injury how do we keep everyone happy?

One way to keep them happy is just by winning.
A lot of players would be just as happy to get 24-25 minutes on a winning team as they would be to get 32 minutes on a .500 team.

The other thing is, with the injury history of this team so far, playing time may not become a worry anyway. Hope that part doesn't hold true, but so far....

Guys want to play and contribute sitting when you know you can play is pretty hard to take. And if you don't play your next contract might not be as good as the one you're on now.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#47 » by Wizop » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:41 pm

I've long said that coaches who substitute by the clock give up their biggest weapon. Last night we saw Aaron Holiday take quick shots early in the 4th quarter and he was quickly replaced by Sumner. then we made a comeback with Myles on the bench and a small ball lineup on the floor. looks like McMillan is going to reward good play with PT. I like that.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#48 » by boomershadow » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:00 pm

We all heard he was injury prone when he was traded here, but he has been the only starter to play in every game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#49 » by Tom White » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 pm

boomershadow wrote:We all heard he was injury prone when he was traded here, but he has been the only starter to play in every game.

His reaction when he hits the floor sometimes makes me think he is more afraid he may have just injured himself, than him actually being injured. It is sort of like he takes a minute or two and counts his fingers, toes, feet and hands before being sure he wasn't injured. I'm not all that familiar with his injury history, but maybe it is a "once bitten - twice shy" thing.

At least he doesn't make a big drama out of it like Lance used to.

Return to Indiana Pacers