How good is Domas?

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

pimpis zajoba
Ballboy
And1: 2

How good is Domas? 

Post#1 » by pimpis zajoba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:26 am

Should we reword his play and trade Turner for Love?
Assistant Coach
And1: 598

Re: How good is Domas? 

Post#2 » by 8305 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 am

I think Domas is very good.
Turner’s games is a better compliment to Domas than Love’s. Love and Sabonis would be a disaster defensively. So no, acquiring Love for Turner would not be a reward to Domas.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 921

Post#3 » by Tom White » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 am

pimpis zajoba wrote:Should we reword his play and trade Turner for Love?

How would that be a reward for his play? Short answer of course is that it isn't, but for the life of me I can't figure out your thought behind this.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#4 » by Wizop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 am

Plus, we just made ourselves younger. We're not trading a young starter for an older player.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,896

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:13 am

No way Kevin Love is past 30 and injury prone plus his salary is huge, you couldn't match salary 1 for 1.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,896

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:19 am

I don't know why this keeps coming up about Love to the Pacers, he's 31 years old and his 3 more years after this one on his contract, next season he makes $31.3 million, same in 2021-22 a total of $91.5 million and he'd be 34 in that final season.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,021

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to introduce yourself with a little info...looks like you’re a Gonzaga fan?

Ultimately, we already rewarded Sabonis for his great play with a big money, long term contract extension. As for trading Turner, I get the idea that a more mobile partner at the big spots could make some sense, but the goal is to play the two together for at least a season and get through the growing pains now. I think Turner can offer the long range shooting of a Love (though at lower volume), but he offers much more rim protection (while Love brings rebounding). I think Love and Dom actually duplicate each other more than Dom and Turner.

Thanks for posting!
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,196

Post#8 » by boomershadow » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:54 pm

I do think Love gets traded somewhere, and people will start talking about him as a potential piece to trade for. Its probably not here, but I could imagine somewhere like Portland trying to make an all-in move or the Knicks attempting to become a 9th seed.
DoubleEagle4
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#9 » by DoubleEagle4 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Domas has been great and I think things will open up for him even more when Myles gets back. I know it's been a couple weeks, but lets not forget what these 2 are capable of together... Opening night- Sabonis 27p 13r, Myles 25p, 9r.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when Myles gets back!
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#10 » by Pacersike » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:25 pm

8305 wrote:I think Domas is very good.
Turner’s games is a better compliment to Domas than Love’s. Love and Sabonis would be a disaster defensively. So no, acquiring Love for Turner would not be a reward to Domas.

Both Love and Sabonis rank 3th in DBPM for their respective teams on BBRef.

Even if you disagree with those stats, those players don't deserve to be called a disaster defensively.

The bushfires in California and New South Wales, those are disasters. NBA players just aren't good at everything.

To make a strong case, there is no need to use extremes. If you think those 2 aren't good enough together, we respect your opinion.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#11 » by Pacersike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:09 am

While I think Sabonis best position is center and we could have already made a decision who we want at center for the Pacers...

... we also made the decision to try to win games this season with Sabonis and Turner at the 4 and the 5.

With all the good things Myles has brought to the Pacers, he deserves a decent chance to show they can make it work.

3 games ain't a decent chance and Turner is one of the best cheerleaders this team has.

If you want to reward Domas, you don't give him what you steal from someone, who also deserves our respect and gratitude.

I have my opinion, but I don't mind being wrong about it. Not even a little bit. Whatever works best for the Pacers.

And as far as 10 games samples go, it looks like the Pacers had a great additions season: Warren, Lamb, McConnell, Goga.

Even Jakarr, Justin are decent, McDermott got a Mcplayer who feels him well, draftees becoming mature enough to contribute.

And Brogdon, he is special. A big difference maker. We needed another player like that and we got one.

Pacers will give every team a hard time in the playoffs, even when a key player is injured. We don't depend on 1 player anymore to win in the playoffs and that's just the way I like it.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#12 » by Topofthekey » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:17 am

That's like your boss rewarding your hard work by firing your colleague

How is that a reward?

Return to Indiana Pacers