OLADIPO IS BACK!!!! 

Post#1 » by pimpis zajoba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Well sort of. He will play in g league. This is exiting. :D :D :D
DoubleEagle4
Sophomore
And1: 82

Re: OLADIPO IS BACK!!!! 

Post#2 » by DoubleEagle4 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:00 pm

It's just a practice and then he will be back with the Pacers tomorrow. Still a good sign though.
pimpis zajoba
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by pimpis zajoba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:03 pm

DoubleEagle4 wrote:It's just a practice and then he will be back with the Pacers tomorrow. Still a good sign though.

Yeah...unfortunately got exited too fast. :banghead:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm

He’s not even going to Ft Wayne, as the Ants are in Indianapolis and will practice at the Fieldhouse. Vic would be ineligible to practice with them unless he was assigned to the Ants.

Still a good sign nonetheless. We’ll have to see how his body responds the next week or so after ramping up the activity level.
pimpis zajoba
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by pimpis zajoba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:34 pm

He did full court today for the first time!
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#6 » by Grang33r » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 pm

My only hope is that they don't rush him.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
PTA
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#7 » by PTA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 am

Grang33r wrote:My only hope is that they don't rush him.
It's much more likely that he would push himself too far.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#8 » by Tom White » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:00 pm

PTA wrote:

Agreed. One telling sign will be how he feels a day after his first full-court game.

Side note: What was with that "man-purse" or whatever it was he was wearing at the Pacers/Thunder game? That was an odd look for him. Maybe a convenient place to keep his pain meds handy after his game work?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Tom White wrote:
PTA wrote:

Agreed. One telling sign will be how he feels a day after his first full-court game.

Side note: What was with that "man-purse" or whatever it was he was wearing at the Pacers/Thunder game? That was an odd look for him. Maybe a convenient place to keep his pain meds handy after his game work?

He said preseason that he was going to wear a different fanny pack to every game, so I think he just is stretching the term fannypack to an extreme.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Tom White » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
He said preseason that he was going to wear a different fanny pack to every game, so I think he just is stretching the term fannypack to an extreme.

If that's the case, the doctors must have moved his "fanny" to his belly. HA!
owlwo
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#11 » by owlwo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 am

I know this is not the area for this but can someone direct to where on the main page is the link for changing your profile
information? I am missing it.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Tom White » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 am

owlwo wrote:I know this is not the area for this but can someone direct to where on the main page is the link for changing your profile

Just click on your name above the threads on this page. A drop down menu should appear including the choice "profile". That should get you there.

Alternatively, you can click on your name on your post above. Then on the next page, it will say "viewing profile - your name" under which should be a colored strip with "edit profile" towards the right hand side.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#13 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:13 pm

One step closer to playing! I can't wait to see how good you guys are after he comes back and has some time to knock the rust off.
owlwo
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#14 » by owlwo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Tom White wrote:
owlwo wrote:I know this is not the area for this but can someone direct to where on the main page is the link for changing your profile

Just click on your name above the threads on this page. A drop down menu should appear including the choice "profile". That should get you there.

Alternatively, you can click on your name on your post above. Then on the next page, it will say "viewing profile - your name" under which should be a colored strip with "edit profile" towards the right hand side.

Thanks Tom. Needed to change my password to something more manageable.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Victor Oladipo’s Return Could Turn the Pacers Into a Threat

Indiana is exceeding all expectations after making big changes this summer, but the team’s trajectory could skyrocket even higher once its most familiar face returns to the floor

Victor Oladipo will barely recognize the Pacers when he returns from injury. The star guard was expected to miss a calendar year after rupturing his right quad tendon last January, and is currently practicing with the team’s G League squad with no exact timetable for his return. A lot has changed in Indiana since he went down.

The only rotation players left from the Pacers’ sole playoff appearance with Oladipo, a first-round loss to the Cavs in 2018, are Domantas Sabonis and Myles Turner. The new-look Pacers are off to a 15-9 start and sit sixth in the East with a net rating of plus-4.7. While they have benefited from an easy schedule, they have also been ravaged by injuries. TJ Warren is their only starter to play in every game.

...despite having so little time alongside each other, the Pacers have already created an identity based on their size. They have one of the biggest starting fives in the league. Few teams combine as much size and outside shooting. Sabonis is Indiana’s only starter who doesn’t shoot 3s. The Pacers are so big that they almost always have a mismatch somewhere on the floor, and they can spread out the defense, attack its weakest point, and then move the ball to find an open shot. Indiana runs an equal-opportunity offense, and Brogdon, Sabonis, Lamb, and Warren were all averaging at least 16 points per game before Monday’s loss to the Clippers. The group is better than the sum of its parts. The first three are averaging career highs in points and assists.

Oladipo’s return will make everyone in Indiana even better. The All-Star fits perfectly with his new teammates. He’s another big guard (6-foot-4, 213 pounds with a 6-foot-9 wingspan) in his prime (27 years old), and he can slide between multiple positions on defense and play on and off the ball on offense. When healthy, Oladipo can get to the rim and create more open 3s for everyone else, while taking the defensive assignment against smaller and faster guards.

It’s easy to forget how good Oladipo was in his first playoff appearance in Indiana. He averaged 22.7 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 6 assists per game against Cleveland, which had no answer for him until it started blitzing with multiple defenders to take the ball out of his hands. That won’t work now that he’s playing with another All-Star in Brogdon, as well as a deep group of secondary scorers in Sabonis, Lamb, and Warren.

We have seen this story play out positively in Indiana. The Pacers could be a more talented version of the group that pushed LeBron James and the Heat to the limit earlier this decade. They were only a few bounces away from reaching the NBA Finals. Strength in numbers is a real thing. A team with multiple All-Stars and a prime two-way player at every position has a chance against anyone.
The Ringer
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#16 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm

We now have the Ringer article referenced in 3 threads.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#17 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:26 pm

^Sorry.

I should have looked around first before posting. :(

I'll do better.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#18 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:^Sorry.

I should have looked around first before posting. :(

I'll do better.

no big deal. It just shows that the article was liked.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,298

Post#19 » by boomershadow » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:22 pm

From Woj...

Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo is hopeful to return to the lineup by early February -- and perhaps as soon as late January -- from a ruptured right quad tendon, league sources told ESPN.

Oladipo's looming return to the Pacers -- which will partner him with All-Star candidate Malcolm Brogdon in the backcourt -- could ultimately become the most significant addition to an Eastern Conference contender around the NBA's trade deadline, which is Feb. 6.

The Pacers are 21-10, only 1½ games behind second-place Boston in the Eastern Conference standings.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28368581/sources-pacers-victor-oladipo-hopeful-late-january-return
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Post#20 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:42 am

Y’all could go to the finals this year. Super sleeper for sure

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!

Return to Indiana Pacers